If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
Silly geographical comments (or whatever you'd call this)
I don't know if it's just a joke or the real thing, but I'm gonna post it anyway:
* a regional commissioner for education bans a specific school from having a Halloween party;
* the Parliament accepts a proposal of a "Stop LGBT Act" for further proceeding in a hearing during which an MP builds his argument for "gays molest children" on Internet memes;
* the Supreme Leader spotted snoozing, wearing a watch upside-down during an important meeting, Party-affiliated journalist calls all who mind wearing handwatches upside-down "cultural troglodites";
* the government plans to digitalize the country by setting up 2500 state-owned Internet cafes.
That's keeping to the internal politics.
Every year, there is this hysteria.
I mean, my hands are not completely clear on this matter since I do believe this is not a part of our cultural heritage, but this specific argument is like never brought up by these folks. What they say, is that it's apparently a Satanic holiday of devil worship which is akin to dressing as prostitutes. As for my personal experience, I remember being told some scare-'em-straight story on carving pumpkins that hinged on the presence of the pumpkin in medieval Europe, which is quite curious once you know they come from America.
But you know, the fact that our explicitly Catholic fundies use strictly American Protestant arguments against an American holiday, is just some cute level of irony.
Florida Tree Is "Ideal Place" For Serial Killer
* Halloween is a Satanic festival that is also (rather than, like, coal, because coal is totally fine) responsible for global warming;
* that one drive-by shooting scene we show as a reality in every other major European city is, like, totally not a scene from a Swedish popular Netflix crime series, because ebul mozlemz.
Fug, guys, I've got a feeling I'm soon gonna stop posting here, because stuff to be posted here is supposed to be funny. (edit: I mean in this thread, don't worry.)
> Fug, guys, I've got a feeling I'm soon gonna stop posting here, because stuff to be posted here is supposed to be funny. (edit: I mean in this thread, don't worry.
eek! you scared me! [/lol]
> 4th search result:
In case you're curious, search results 1, 3, and 9 were relevant. Search results 4, 7, and 8 were all about the aforementioned story. The other three were about unrelated things that have both "man" and "cat" in their titles.
It might be old news, but it made my five minutes.
Partystate television asks for a nationalization of the rights to broadcast ski jumping championships.
There was also the one bird that'd peck at my windows every morning, waking me up, and the one that'd swoop down to hiss to my left ear. Maybe it was the same bird?
Now, I seem to vaguely remember you telling a story about a bird swooping down to speak into somebody's ear, back in Venezuela thread. Do you guys have many of these?
Which means something like "Thank you (god) for sparing us during yet another year."
Pretty morbid to go "Thanks for all the not killing us." at Christmas.
Read the comments.
One of the commenters appears kinda familiar. But yeah, I too would prefer to have lizards over ants. Although probably would prefer ants over, like, venomous snakes or some stuff like that.
Also, too bad you don't have any Alaskan photos. I guess now I can sorta pinpoint where you live. (Which loosely reminds me of that time I located Vorpy by TVT IP addresses. For some reason, they've removed them from the site soon after, but not soon enough for me to say I've clued them in to the issue.)
But overally, yeah, it's a cool website.