If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Silly geographical comments (or whatever you'd call this)

Comments

• edited 2021-10-01 22:57:26
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    when you play as rogue but take a few levels of ranger for an animal companion
  • edited 2021-10-16 20:02:37
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    If you ever thought that Warhammer 40000 tries too hard with that militant religious fanaticism theme, know that the Polish army has just announced the purchase of 300 mobile field altars. I have to say I don't know if "mobile" means they are self-propelled.

--edit--

I don't know if it's just a joke or the real thing, but I'm gonna post it anyway:

comment_1634402707BxjEMLWsPxzwzHVKaKcDv2,w600.jpg
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Update: aaaand, it's over. The Ministry of Defence announced they are recalling the purchase, citing widespread criticism as their reason. Those darned Cultural Marxists ruined everything again!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It looks like a nice pop-up table anyway, heh.
  • edited 2021-10-29 20:20:51
    So, the weird shizzle going on in the last week:

* a regional commissioner for education bans a specific school from having a Halloween party;
    * the Parliament accepts a proposal of a "Stop LGBT Act" for further proceeding in a hearing during which an MP builds his argument for "gays molest children" on Internet memes;
    * the Supreme Leader spotted snoozing, wearing a watch upside-down during an important meeting, Party-affiliated journalist calls all who mind wearing handwatches upside-down "cultural troglodites";
    * the government plans to digitalize the country by setting up 2500 state-owned Internet cafes.

That's keeping to the internal politics.
    you can't take the pol out of politics
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    On the topic of Halloween, it's like the idea of it is driving some folks completely, Jack Chick level, crazy. Which is pretty ironic in light of, like, this article: https://countermarch.org/articles/halloween-jack-chick-and-anti-catholicism

Every year, there is this hysteria.

I mean, my hands are not completely clear on this matter since I do believe this is not a part of our cultural heritage, but this specific argument is like never brought up by these folks. What they say, is that it's apparently a Satanic holiday of devil worship which is akin to dressing as prostitutes. As for my personal experience, I remember being told some scare-'em-straight story on carving pumpkins that hinged on the presence of the pumpkin in medieval Europe, which is quite curious once you know they come from America.

But you know, the fact that our explicitly Catholic fundies use strictly American Protestant arguments against an American holiday, is just some cute level of irony.
  • edited 2021-10-30 22:50:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Halloween special!

https://cbs12.com/news/local/haunted-florida-the-devil-tree

Florida Tree Is "Ideal Place" For Serial Killer
  • edited 2021-10-31 17:04:57
    Also, if what I had posted wasn't ridiculous enough, here's what state media is telling us, from the last, like, two days:
    * Halloween is a Satanic festival that is also (rather than, like, coal, because coal is totally fine) responsible for global warming;
    * that one drive-by shooting scene we show as a reality in every other major European city is, like, totally not a scene from a Swedish popular Netflix crime series, because ebul mozlemz.

Fug, guys, I've got a feeling I'm soon gonna stop posting here, because stuff to be posted here is supposed to be funny. (edit: I mean in this thread, don't worry.)
    Coal is Santa's way of punishing kids who participate in the Satanic festival that is the rival holiday Halloween.

> Fug, guys, I've got a feeling I'm soon gonna stop posting here, because stuff to be posted here is supposed to be funny. (edit: I mean in this thread, don't worry.

eek! you scared me! [/lol]
  • edited 2021-11-04 03:34:17
    > do search for man cat in hopes of checking whether i remembered the name "cat" right for a certain function in Linux systems

> 4th search result:
    Deputies: Man fatally shoots neighbor in dispute over a cat
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deputies-man-fatally-shoots-neighbor-dispute-cat...
    OCALA, Fla. -- A Florida man is accused of killing his neighbor in a dispute over a cat that wandered into his yard, sheriff's officials said.. Clifford Anthony Bliss Jr., 58, became angry when ...

In case you're curious, search results 1, 3, and 9 were relevant. Search results 4, 7, and 8 were all about the aforementioned story. The other three were about unrelated things that have both "man" and "cat" in their titles.
    Meanwhile in Poland: amidst a smear campaign against a privately owned station which bought them, the Party state television asks for a nationalization of the rights to broadcast ski jumping championships.
    Now that's a story. I don't know if it could be improved by happening around Halloween, it seems perfect either way.
  • Somewhat relevant, although that one seems to have more positives than negatives:

There was also the one bird that'd peck at my windows every morning, waking me up, and the one that'd swoop down to hiss to my left ear. Maybe it was the same bird?
    the one that'd swoop down to hiss to my left ear. Maybe it was the same bird?

Now, I seem to vaguely remember you telling a story about a bird swooping down to speak into somebody's ear, back in Venezuela thread. Do you guys have many of these?
    TIL: Venezuela has birds that swoop down to people's ears to say things
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    This year I learned that a popular Afrikaans saying (during prayers and such) at Christmas is:

Dankie dat jy ons nog 'n jaar gespaar het

Which means something like "Thank you (god) for sparing us during yet another year."

Pretty morbid to go "Thanks for all the not killing us." at Christmas.
    Sounds Puritan.
  • edited 2022-01-03 18:46:13
    RateMyLizard.com

One of the commenters appears kinda familiar. But yeah, I too would prefer to have lizards over ants. Although probably would prefer ants over, like, venomous snakes or some stuff like that.

Also, too bad you don't have any Alaskan photos. I guess now I can sorta pinpoint where you live. (Which loosely reminds me of that time I located Vorpy by TVT IP addresses. For some reason, they've removed them from the site soon after, but not soon enough for me to say I've clued them in to the issue.)

But overally, yeah, it's a cool website.
  • edited 2022-01-04 11:05:22
    Also, meanwhile in Poland:
    • a drunken American soldier beats up three Polish cops at once. I've gotta say, don't punish this man too harshly, he proved his mettle in combat.
    • a local road will be closed a few days after its official opening, so that it can be officially opened again by country-level politicians. Meanwhile, the local mayor (from the opposition) was not invited to either opening.