It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
So, for various reasons (such as security updates and also the fact that Vanilla will stop supporting 2.0), @Unknown_Entity is exploring the possibility of moving IJBM to Vanilla 2.1.
Vanilla 2.1 looks and functions somewhat differently from the current Vanilla 2.0, though. For an example of this, see Heapers' Hangout, at http://heapershangout.com/ .
What important features do you want to see kept in the update? This will tell us what features UE needs to keep (or re-hack into Vanilla), and what features don't matter.
What I know of Vanilla 2.1 so far:
* it has a third gender choice by default. It's not called "classified" the way we have it, though that can be easily changed.
* Vanilla 2.1 doesn't have detailed timestamps by default, but UE has been able to restore that.
* Vanilla 2.1 doesn't show avatar changes and
gravedancing opportunities role changes in the Activity feed by default, but UE has been able to restore both of those as well.
* Vanilla 2.1 has a feature where you can type "/me does something" and it'll end up in your post header next to your line. This text is larger than normal text, but that can be changed. It also makes your post blank.
* Youtube videos are no longer auto-embedded. Instead, an image of a video embed is posted; clicking this image causes the image to change to an embedded video. I think this lets pages load faster.
Things I want to see
* keep feature: ability to tab to Post Comment button. Tabbing through the interactable objects on a thread at current IJBM lets me hit it twice and be on the Post Comment button, and then I just press enter to post. On HH, which has upgraded to Vanilla 2.1, this no longer works.
* new bugfix: pagination problem. It seems that 2.1 still hasn't fixed that thing where if you have an unread comment at the bottom of a page of a thread, followed by other unread comments, it will just take you to the top of the next page.
* keep feature: BBCode and togglebox. (Already done I think.)