If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

[Upgrade Complete] Upgrading to Vanilla 2.1

Comments

• edited 2015-01-28 20:47:22
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yeah, we need new colors. Any suggestions? Default plans are to reuse old colors.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'll take the old, personally. Got used to them.
  • I kinda want a dark blue.
  • a little muffled
    Old colours sound good to me.
  • edited 2015-01-28 22:39:09
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Well, that was easier then expected. I just imported the CSS from the old defaultsmarty1 theme into this one.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Not yet the same as the old, but I am thankful already. That bright blue made me feel like my eyes were getting fucked.
  • PMs are glitching out
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Not anymore they're not :D
  • Alright, cool, thanks!
  • a little muffled
    Keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work in the editor anymore, at least on Firefox.
  • Clicking to enlarge images doesn't work anymore.

Nyktos: Different editor from TinyMCE, so yeah, those probably aren't in CLEditor. Could probably see about readding them, though I dunno what all the shortcuts might've been offhand aside b/i/u/s, alignments and undo/redo.

Naas: Another case of Vanilla being Vanilla. They added resize to the core and made it so all it does is wrap a link to the full size image around it and not let plugins override it, so I'll fix that soonish.

• edited 2015-02-01 11:52:33
    And image resizer 'fixed', as in I restored the 2.0 version and fixed a bug in it. Will look into the hotkeys for the editor sometime later today probably, for now I'll just be not-awake since it's almost 7am.
  • a little muffled
    Nyktos: Different editor from TinyMCE, so yeah, those probably aren't in CLEditor. Could probably see about readding them, though I dunno what all the shortcuts might've been offhand aside b/i/u/s, alignments and undo/redo.

Those are the only ones I ever used anyway.
  • edited 2015-02-01 23:48:10
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Quoted posts' post numbers are not properly used to link back to the quoted post.  Also, slightly better formatting would be nice, e.g. making the "whoever said" line italics...

That said, the visible post number makes it relatively easily possible to specify said post by simply right-clicking one's own post's post-specific link and then substituting in the correct number by editing the URL.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Can you also make it so that pages don't always load anew, but can be cached?  The way both IJBM and HH are right now is such that typing half a post, going back a page, and going forward again, the post is entirely erased.
  • Isn't that what "Save Draft" is for?
    I don't think it's available for private messages, fwiw.
  • edited 2015-02-03 02:13:07
    Quotes fixed up; it in fact wasn't working entirely correct the entire time. Now it looks better in the process too. As for keyboard shortcuts, that'll take some doing since I need to work with CLEditor's javascript to do it.  Fun fact though, this was suggested like almost five years ago and it's still not implemented. So, further turns out default CLEditor /does/ have keyboard shortcuts (as shown here); for some reason it doesn't work in Vanilla. So, turns out even further that keyboard shortcuts /don't/ work in Firefox, but work in other browsers. It even works in /IE (11)/. Guessing CLEditor doesn't like Firefox for some reason keyboard shortcut-wise, and I'm not entirely sure where to track it down at.
    So I've just checked, and... holy shit, is it true? The search function working properly? *_*
    It still seems to suck, but in a functional way.  I forget what it used to be like though, though I remember it sucking similar at another point in time.
  • I feel like this is somehow relevant:

Remember: Vanilla doesn't count the OP in the number of comments, so there's actually 5 posts in that discussion, 4 comments and 1 discussion.
    I think that's amusing enough to leave in just for the sake of it.
  • Maybe On Earth. Maybe In the Future.
    So uh, does the little insert image button in the comment bar not work or anything? Whenever I put something in there it just leaves a blank post.
  • Worked for me. But now there's no option for alt text anymore and that makes me a sad.
  • Maybe On Earth. Maybe In the Future.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Worked for me. But now there's no option for alt text anymore and that makes me a sad.

Yeah, it turns out adblock prevented some of the images from showing up and turning it off fixed it. Weird.
    Can we get it so that the first line of a post's text goes beneath a user's avatar, rather than beside it and beneath the post metadata?
  • edited 2015-02-10 06:22:33
    Can we get it so that the first line of a post's text goes beneath a user's avatar, rather than beside it and beneath the post metadata?
    Fix'd
  • edited 2015-02-10 10:32:08
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Worked for me. But now there's no option for alt text anymore and that makes me a sad.

Congrats, now you have alt text

EDIT: http:// prefix has also been nuked from both URL and Image boxes, so that won't show up already in the url boxes when you smack the buttons.