If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: I don't really have mental images for the posters here

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

And yet you still have no good reason to mistake one for the other, jerk. >:/

• edited 2013-03-10 18:21:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Overly long gags are fun; that good enough?

well, yeah, that works

• No rainbow star
    Alex is a knight and Clockwork is that one boy whom always looked European to me to the point that I kept thinking ClockworkOrange was British
  • You can picture me as anything, so long as whatever it is has extremely pointy hair.
  • edited 2013-03-10 18:51:39

I picture you as the label in your avatar, which, since I haven't ever looked closely at it, is mistaken in my head for various other grey-on-black labels, such as Jack Daniels whiskey, rather hilariously.

fourteenwings I imagine as Chieri Sono from AKB0048.

• edited 2013-03-10 18:52:43
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

A bit unkempt, t-shirt and jean combos, bad haircuts, pudgy/skinny and skin tones indicating the indoors life.

Do you have cameras hidden around my house or...

Anyway, I'd say I have rather accurate mental images of All Nines, Raydere, Compassionate Sadist, Nova, Legionnaire, Juan, Milos, InsanityAddict and Central Avenue because I've seen photos of all of them, though I'll admit that in some of those cases the photos are from a while back and the people in said photos could have changed quite a bit since. (I'm not counting CU because I've only seen that one photo of him on the bike and it doesn't even show much of his face.)

Other mental images I have are rather rare and, on this forum, only really occur in the case of avatars or avatar themes they use for such a long time that I have trouble associating anything else with them (e.g. Glenn's Ami avatar).

• edited 2013-03-10 18:58:08

I think I've seen a photo of Nova once and thus I associate her with that picture.  On the other hand I've seen a photo of Central Avenue and I don't associate her with her picture.  Not sure why.  On the other hand I associate CA not with Pinkie Pie but with a generic Disney-princess-style character.

Are you saying that my Ami avatar is or isn't distinctive of me?  I get Eelektross associating me with anime girls with blue hair, since I recently realized I've used three of them as my avatars, but have I really used Ami that much?

Fuschlatz: My mental image of you is my previous avatar, actually.  The anime guy with glasses.  For some reason I think he's a violinist?

• edited 2013-03-10 19:19:01

• edited 2013-03-10 19:01:34

Are you saying that my Ami avatar is or isn't distinctive of me?  I get Eelektross associating me with anime girls with blue hair, since I recently realized I've used three of them as my avatars, but have I really used Ami that much?

Well, the Ami avatar is the one I've seen you use more than any other, though evidently you did switch around quite a bit during that rather long break I took from IJBM last year.

• a little muffled

@glennmagusharvey: FWIW, you're Philosoraptor in my mind.

• Mildly shameful confession:

• I get Eelektross associating me with anime girls with blue hair, since I recently realized I've used three of them as my avatars, but have I really used Ami that much?

> not being identified as a Touhou character

> being identified as Elektross instead

• edited 2013-03-10 19:17:11

Sorry to hear that, Avenue. If it makes you feel any better, I guess I could try and associate you more with Pinkie Pie...

Sorry to hear that, CA. :c

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> not being identified as a Touhou character instead

For some reason, I just realized that, for some reason, I confuse my mental image of you with RocketDude.

> being identified as Eelektross instead

Actually, my bad partially, but Eelektross has also commented on associating me with blue-haired anime girls before.  The conversation went like this:

"I associate you with that blue-haired anime girl."

"Which one?"  *counts*  "Oh wow, I actually have three such avatars."

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

If it helps, CA, I haven't seen a photo of you, so I now imagine you... uh, as a troll, I guess ;)

• I don't have any particular image of CA, but I always just associate her with princesses and Anonus.

Come to think of it, Mabel Pines is a decent approximation of CA.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

I never post a photo of me, because it's nobody's business what I look like. I rather keep anything private away from the internet. Sometimes I wonder if saying that I'm German isn't too much.

The only people who get a photo of me over the internet are potential employers. 

• I never post a photo of me, because it's nobody's business what I look like.

Unrelated, but one of these day's I'm legally changing my name to "Nobody" just to cash in on all this business.

• edited 2013-03-10 19:38:22

@GMH: Anonus pointed out once that Mabel is somewhat close to what I would look like if I were female and a cartoon, so you're not too far off!

^ Counterlock you are brilliant

Disney-style Mabel

• Isn't Mabel Pines Disney-style by definition, being a Disney character and all?

• Why does one need a mental image, an expectation, anyway?

• Sorry to hear that, CA. Well, you're Pinkie Pie to me, so cheer up!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Wait, CA isn't Pinkie Pie?

everything i knew was a lie
  • edited 2013-03-10 21:41:16

Is Mabel Pinkie Pie?

And by Disney-style Mabel I mean looking more like the classic Disney movies.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

i see people as avatars next to their username above a user title

• Naas_H_Sapiens: Yui + Azusa (so I guess this is an exception since this is your most recent avatar),

So I'm two people now? Eh, not too far from how I was (still am?) on TV Tropes.

I never picture posters by their avatars (unless it's a photo of them, of course). I see those as what they usually are: An expression of interest in something or an attempt at humor.

My avatars tend to be "oh, that looks nice".

Naas H Sapiens: All Nines. None using any other avatar.

Is this like say, that Malkthash/Alkavian thing, or me confusing ClockworcUniverse with All Nines?

I never post a photo of me, because it's nobody's business what I look like. I rather keep anything private away from the internet. Sometimes I wonder if saying that I'm German isn't too much.

I get what you mean. Although I also like having people imagine me as whatever because I like having a somewhat mysterious image. As for nationality, sometimes I hope that someone would guess mine, for some reason.

Also, I vaguely picture glenn as looking like a middle-schooler, or somebody almost middle-aged. Sometimes.