If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Winter Sale 2012

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^However it does NOT have online co-op, just local co-op. :\

• edited 2012-12-24 19:31:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think I'm going to finally get around to buying the Fate of the World DLCs: extras pack, Migration, and Denial.

There we go.  Done.

So...Morrowind or Oblivion?

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Dammit Namco.

Get your fingers out of your assholes and put Dark Souls on Flash/Daily Sale already.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@ClockworkUniverse: How is the combat of Morrowind worse?

• It's just... not fun.  It's similar to Oblivion in that it's basically mindless swinging at enemies until they die, except that in Morrowind you don't have any control over when you block, and your success rate with regular attacks and spells is based on how much stamina you have left and naturally, attacking depletes your stamina so basically combat consists of attacking once or twice, and then waiting for your stamina to recover before you can attack again...   Spell success rates are hilariously low until your relevant skill is very high...

It's sort of regrettable how Oblivion simplified a lot of things from Morrowind but it did at least make it so that when you were fighting you actually felt like you had some control over what's happening.

Oh, I see.  So basically something that would be fun but only on a strategic level, yet they give you an action-level perspective.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Also, attacks that hit can miss, because it's the first 3D game they'd made and they didn't get that the arrow embedding itself in your opponent's skull probably means it's a hit.

Oblivion is systematically better for the most part, but the setting is just awful and enemy level scaling means that leveling up makes you weaker unless you use a purely combat-focused build.

For the next vote, back anything but Towns. That game is awful.

Specifically, back Giana Sisters.  Because the other one is already at 50% off.

• a little muffled
    Yes do that. I actually kinda want that game. (ALMOST entirely because Machinae Supremacy.)

I hear Towns won. :(

• a little muffled

Precedent from past sales suggests that the other games have high chances of being flash sales at some point.

Ugh.

That game...it isn't quite at the Big Rigs level of unfinishedness, but I've never actually played a less-polished game.

• Dark souls get. After some pruning any buying my wishlist is down to 25. I can probably get my wishlist down to 10 or so if I'm lucky with sales.

Daily Deals for December 25th, 2012:

• Castle Crashers 66% off

• Hotline Miami 50% off

• Batman Franchise 75% off

• Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 50% off

• Deadlight 50% off

• The Amazing Spider-Man 50% off

Flash Sales:

• DOTA 2 50% off

• Max Payne Franchise 75% off

• F1 2012 50% off

• Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition 50% off

• Terraria 66% off

• Football Manager 2013 50% off

• Champion of the Whales

Btw. do collection packs go down in price if they are on sale?

• What does Dota being on sale even mean?

Dota is still technically in beta, so you either need to buy a pass to actually play or be given one.

If you want Dota 2, ask on TVT for people to give you passes, at this thread here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13535279890A46920100&page=17#419

Several people have mentioned they have a glut of passes.

• Dota is still technically in beta, so you either need to buy a pass to actually play or be given one.

Huh, you sure? I guess my bro must've had someone gift him one, then.

Groupees's Build a Greenlight Bundle has added a few more things since I last mentioned it: a new game, Underrail, and a few new music albums.

Tropico 4 won the community choice vote and is now at -80% on Steam!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/57690/

Now to ask myself whether I actually want to buy this now.

• edited 2012-12-26 13:08:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Daily Deals for December 26th, 2012:

• Spec Ops: The Line 66% off

• Legend of Grimrock 75% off

• The Sims 3 66% off

• Natural Selection II 60% off

• The Walking Dead 50% off

• ARMA II: Combined Operations 50% off

Flash Sales:

• Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack 75% off

• Retro City Rampage 50% off

• Darksiders Franchise 66-75% off

• Thief Collection 75% off

• Borderlands Franchise 50-75% off

• Home 66% off

• Tropico 4 80% off

• Champion of the Whales

^^

At -80% off, its worth buying

Does it matter that it doesn't include the DLC at all?

Today's dailies are damn good.

• I'm trying to talk myself out of buying Spec Ops.

On the one hand I keep hearing it's really good and nothing like other FPSs; on the other hand it technically IS an FPS and I can't stand FPSs.

It...isn't an FPS at all. It's third-person.

Anyway, the mechanics of the game are very uninteresting and unfun, and that's a deliberate decision to make a point.

• YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN IT'S A SHOOTER :P

• edited 2012-12-27 04:13:16
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Damn it, I am so tempted to just burn my entire Christmas bonus on this sale even though I know I shouldn't. On the one hand, prices are plummeting on a lot of games that I've been meaning to get for some time now; on the other, my bonus wasn't actually that much and my backlog is already too big for my own good...