If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Steam Winter Sale 2012

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

At that price, Saints Row the Third is a bargain.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Unless you got it and a bunch of other stuff for less from the THQ bundle.

Did the THQ bundle come with all the DLC? (Serious question here)

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^No it did not. Just the base game.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@ClockworkUniverse: Even at $3.74?

Yes. It's very boring.

Should I get Half-Minute Hero for $4.99 from Playism (for a Steam key and the soundtrack)?

• edited 2012-12-23 14:46:38
    But you never had any to begin with.

Yes. Half-Minute Hero is great. (Also substantially longer than 30 seconds.) As is its soundtrack.

Okay.

/me gets it and looks like someone who just made a whim purchase rather than thinking about it a lot beforehand which is of course always invisible

Damn it, I have too many games :/

Damn it, I have too many games :/

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

And I have no money. :(

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I agree that L.A. Noire is worth playing but... it's got too many problems to be a good game and the wild facial expressions make it hard to tell the difference between lie, truth, and doubt. The thing is also how inappropriate the ending is, like if Phoenix Wright ended with fighting aliens.

It does handle investigation, but it's between the click-and-point adventure game that gives your controller a nice shake if you come near a clue for fear of you getting bored and the poorly-implemented facial expressions.

The story's kind of silly too, especially that one bit where you have to incarcerate someone, both with no solid evidence and then it turns out neither did it. Way to shove me in a corner game.

Hey, I didn't know Beyond Good and Evil was on Steam. Everybody vote for that!

Yes, please do; I've heard good things about that game and it's on my wishlist.

Hey, Half-Minute Hero is 66% off.

See, see? Following the 1st Commandment pays off.

• You can change. You can.

Alan Wake is 75% off.

quick tell me

is the adaptation of the best of the animus worth my time

^It's pretty good. If your computer can run it.

• edited 2012-12-24 11:37:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Crimson: A good soundtrack is worth the difference in price.  Steam version doesn't come with it, does it?

Anyway, I finally got around to doing this: Quint's Watchlist - a wishlist for price-checking a fuckton of Steam games.

Don't friend that profile; that's only there for keeping the list around.  See now I can go and clean up my own wishlist.

• It feels like I am never going to clean up my wishlist at this point.

• a little muffled

My wishlist has two things on it, and one of them I don't even really want that much.

• edited 2012-12-24 13:49:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also, here are a few more rules of thumb about Steam sales:

• -50% and above: could go lower, unless it's a recent release, in which case it probably won't.

• -75%: unlikely to go lower.  Ask yourself if it's likely to end up in a bundle.  If the answer's no, buy.

• -80%, -90%: buy it now...unless you expect it to go this low again later.  And for games that are priced this low, they actually might.

So, anyway...is Inside a Star-Filled Sky worth $2?

-80%, -90%: buy it now...unless you expect it to go this low again later.  And for games that are priced this low, they actually might.

Addendum: Unless it's Bad Rats. Which you should buy and give to all your friends instead.

A little late but:

Daily Deals for December 24th, 2012:

• Sonic Franchise 50-75% off

• Of Orcs and Men 50% off

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Franchise 50% off

• Company of Heroes 75% off

• Endless Space 66% off

• Mass Effect Franchise 75% off

Flash Sales:

• Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy 66% off

• ARMA II: Combined Operations 50% off

• They Bleed Pixels 75% off

• Half-Life Complete Collection 75% off

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 50% off

• Universe Sandbox 75% off

• Alan Wake Franchise 75% off

Yeah, currently trying to decide whether to get Morrowind or Oblivion.  Or neither.

^^ Yeah, or that.  It might be a game that no one wants.

Morrowind is more immersive and better overall storytelling-wise, but the combat is even worse.

Hmm.

I guess I'll hold on buying since I can't really make out which one I'm more likely to enjoy.

Newest flash sales are Spec Ops: The Line for -66%, the KOTOR games for -75%, and Rayman Origins for -66%.

• a little muffled

I really hope G&K goes on sale soon as I worry I won't be able to resist buying it for full price. I am so simultaneously addicted to and bored of Civ right now. (And like 90% of mods require G&K.)

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-12-24 17:33:30

Rayman Origins is probably one of the best platformers that I've ever played. And uncharacteristically for Ubisoft, the PC version doesn't have constricting DRM.