If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Meatpuppet Theater Thread

Comments

• Oh man, the Goblin King was absolutely a gem. He was absolutely fetid and paunchy, but he had a glorious voice.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I started watching Hannibal. I expected it to be bad, but I'm actually liking it a whole lot.

Mads Mikkelsen is basically perfect as Hannibal, and he’s got a ton of chemistry with Hugh Dancy.

And it doesn’t seem like it’s falling into that shitty prequel trap of like

having to give every last detail about the silence of the lambs an explanation

And I like the way it’s shot.

I’ve only just watched the pilot, though. It could get worse or less interesting or whatever.
  • Megan Fox is in the new TMNT movie, I can feel the nerdrage already

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Well yeah, because it has been going on for months. You're very late.

• I think Megan Fox is no longer relevant enough in the mainstream to elicit such response from the internet.

• edited 2013-05-05 22:36:40

> internet

> reasonable responses

dohohoh

Are people still calling it "Bay's Ninja Turtles", even though he's supposedly producer, not director? That would be like calling  Transformers 2007 "Spielberg's Transformers".

• Just saw Man Of Steel. Had some pretty good parts and some pretty meh parts.

• I thought it was at least alright.

Spoiler:
    There's talk about how Superman is supposed to be an example for humans to follow and whatnot, but the movie didn't actually have that happen. Sure, he saved people, but he hasn't shown himself as the ideal for people to live up to. I hope they can work that into a sequel.

The way the movie portrayed Kryptonian power levels was pretty neat, I guess.

• So...

Pacific Rim .Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim

• Favorite movie of the year.

Hardly a perfect movie, but it's a movie I actually found myself cheering.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I've watched some recent-ish BBC live action comedies lately lately and I was really impressed with Outnumbered, even with it's homophobia it's really fun to watch and I like how dry it feels most of the time. It's sort of like a whole folder of "So then my child said [X] and I was so embarrassed" stories compressed into a script most of the time, so not much narrative meat. It does have that general "Comedy family mother is absolutely horrendous half the time but everyone agrees with her" thing though.

There's also Miranda, which isn't as good as Outnumbered but is pretty decent and does have a few funny episodes. Sometimes it does feel like it just doesn't know when to stop with the protagonists antics and the final episode's resolution felt forced, but so do a lot of shows that suddenly get second seasons. I really like Stevie, with her obsession with that one singer and being a super manager.

I also watched some Keeping Up Appearances but I got really tired of everyone screaming "HYACINTH" all the time.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Pacific Rim .Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim Pacific Rim

PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM

(Just saw it today. Holy fucking shit.)

• a little muffled

Yeah, I saw it yesterday and it was pretty sweet even if I was kinda thinking of Gunbuster the whole time.

• edited 2013-09-02 09:13:13
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Switched at Birth's second season is definitely the dumbest and most offensive thing I've seen on TV this year. Lessons learned so far include deaf people are cliquey and (anti?)ableist and that's totally okay because they're deaf. It's a theme that started off tiny with just one girl and has now been devolved into the deaf kids (represented by like 9 students who aren't actually a student body council because apparently they don't have these things there?) constantly complaining that a situation where they'd have to share the school with hearing kids because of budget cuts (and for some reason they're unable to finance sign language classes for everyone because reasons). The problem is, they constantly complain about hearing kids while being bullies to the 2-5 hearing (or even semi-hearing) kids at their school (and obviously they never bring this up).

I understand that this is a discussion that people should have, but "It's better for Deaf kids to learn in a closed off environment away from all people with even the ability to slightly discern sounds" is a terrible idea because eventually they will have to deal with hearing people. So I thought the best idea would be for this forced intergration to be the start to a new era in the school's history where people try to understand each other...

Also yeah this is a show about two girls who were switched at birth and not that, so they should really get back to that.

Somewhat related: Does any scene in this show last for more than three minutes anymore? Are there just that many things they need to cycle through?

Finally (I hope): How did I not mention "Dating Christian girls means you marry at 18?" <_<

Actually I did forget about "My wife wants to be a senator and I have no interest in it but I'm going to do it because nobody likes her and look... now I'm actually senator!"

We know that Ravenswood has some supernatural elements. Will those be included in any of the upcoming Pretty Little Liars episodes?
    You might see a bit of it [this Tuesday]. But the supernatural exists in Ravenswood, not Rosewood.

I swear if Ravenswood brings supernatural elements into the Pretty Little Liars universe even in it's own series I will explode in rage since I've given this show 77 episodes already. I've already given up Caleb (and Caleb and Hanna) to this mess, I'm not giving up semi-realism.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What is this Revenge show about and how good is it?  I just got an ad about it and I remember you mentioning it on IRC, @fourteenwings.

• edited 2013-09-03 08:08:50

What is this Revenge show about

Juvenile deliquent girl finds out she's the daughter of a man who was framed for not 9/11. She inflitrates the lives of the people who actually did commit the crime and attempts REVENGE

and how good is it?

I think the mere fact that we're almost into the third season and every single revenge-tactic tends to involve acting like a Gossip Girl character but somehow older, not at all (also they attempted to replace a Japanese actor and hoped we wouldn't notice).

Another thing; real Amanda's existence as a whole.

Also, since it suffers from American TV syndrome (ie they'll make more of a show even if they really have nothing to make a show about) everything after the 22nd episode of the first season is so absolutely out of left field and remains so for the rest of the series (Just... Victoria's secret baby :|)

I think I've also mentioned this before but I was reaaaaaally angry at how gay relationships=sex (Or the gay guy was crazy) and straight relationships=actual things (even though they're not because I'm pretty sure nobody who writes for this show has been in a relationship).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I thought on American TV, straight relationships also = sex.

• edited 2013-09-04 06:05:15

They do, but they're also treated as super important things in characters lives. Example: Nolan (bisexual guy) has lots of sex with Tyler, but doesn't care at all about when he dies (or even before that when he goes crazy). The only other guy who ever liked him is treated as a (crazed and jealous) useless traitor (even by Nolan), but when Nolan gets a female love interest, she's treated as the best thing that's ever happened to him, she changes him for the better and when her father is kidnapped (and later her) Nolan becomes catatonic.

Switched at Birth's second season is definitely the dumbest and most offensive thing I've seen on TV this year.

Continuing from this; Jace is a character who cares about nothing but appearing awesome, he learns sign language in two weeks not because he wants to communicate with deaf people but because it's his new thing. He's the apex of hipsterism /and/ of the spirit of the entire second season: "Look, give us another Pulitzer!" Which it fails terribly at since it's trying to be fifty shows at once. I mean dealing with issues such as being deaf, choosing to be deaf vs choosing a cochlear implant, a baby, Regina's alcoholism, being in the military, becoming a politician, getting married too young, the faithless and faithful being in relationships, going to college, not going to college, reapplying to college, dying in the military, getting STIs, having sex for the first time, slowly going deaf, affairs, gay adoption, heritage and seven other things all in the span of twenty one episodes! A scene in a forty minute episode barely lasts three minutes because they have to try and deal with all of these plots.

I won't blame the workload they took upon themselves only, they can barely handle these issues. They can barely actually handle a single issue. Bay is concerned about having sex for the first time with somebody who has had multiple one night stands with a random accomplice, but she decides to do it anyways within the span of a day! Court trials and scenes related to child custody aren't even mentioned!

Going back, Jace's also made out to be awesome and the dating best option for Daphne, they break up, but that's because he goes insane and Daphne has to get in trouble before the next season starts.

I also really hated Bay's relationship with an army officer, because

a) I dislike armies in general and

b) he was general McGeneric and

c) She breaks up with him only because he's protecting her since he might die at war or something

d) This causes her to go back to Emmett, which is what I wanted, but it's obviously made out to be temporary, even more temporary than these relationships are

f) The entire romance is brought up with no buildup, he shows up mid-episode for no reason

Then there's Mary Beth whateverhername, she's introduced to be sad and fat, because they won't give them another Pulitzer unless they have somebody slightly chubby on the cast. She's sad because her brother died at war, but we just met her, so we're expected to be sad that Bay's sad that Mary Beth's sad. She stands there as a prop to make pretty skinny Bay look better. In the end, they pair her with Travis, because... something.

Anyways, overall: terribad.

• Wow, that is a lot of plots.

• So is this a summary of that show or what.

Nah, too much sense and emotion.

That doesn't seem to be part of Adventure Time. Is that even possible?

• a little muffled
    That doesn't seem to be part of Adventure Time. Is that even possible?

It's created by the same guy.
  • Well see Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors were shorts that Pendleton Ward made for Random CartoonsAdventure Time was expanded into its own show, and with its massive success Ward handed Bravest Warriors over to some other folks to expand into a Youtube show.

• The entire romance is brought up with no buildup, he shows up mid-episode for no reason

Wasn't army guy her boyfriend from before the beginning of the series?

He was her boyfriend in the previous season (they broke up for... the exact reason they break up in this season, even), but that's no excuse for having him show up and this meaning they're in love (especially since she had another relationship in the same season with someone else and then dated yet another guy in-between, both of whom have terrible buildup, but at least it's there).

This relationship just starts with him showing up while she does something and surprise! they're back together.

So I watched the first season finale of The Carrie Diaries because... it was on before The Fosters.

The Good: it was mildly okay. The Bad: Carrie and her boyfriend broke up like four times in the first twenty minutes and then a big relationship bomb hit them in the second half. I understand it's only 13 episodes per season but come on.

So I just watched the first episode of Twisted. I can gladly say it is the worst thing I've ever watched ever.

• edited 2013-12-08 10:32:10

The Day of The Doctor

@Naas_Human: You're right, this did actually make me want more Doctor Who.

Otherwise, this was a pretty much normal episode for 40 minutes and the other bits were only really great when Doctor #1 was in it. It was basically just Moffat glorifying the Doctor even further somehow (How he has made a total of zero notable mistakes). Also we're never getting a Doctor #1 season ;-;

Did Matt Smith lie about quitting?

woah quadpost