If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Meatpuppet Theater Thread

edited 2016-11-06 06:29:45 in Media

Given that we have threads for videogames, chinese cartoons and comicbooks, western comicbooks, cartoon ponies, and a specific type of TV show where men in rubber suits beat each other up, it seemed pretty weird to not have a thread to discuss good ol' live action TV and movies. So here it is.

Comments

• Might be better if TV and film get split up, though.

• edited 2012-12-12 20:46:33

Eh, both are discussed so little it'll hardly make a difference.

As for news, the Pacific Rim trailer is out.

I'm trying to not get too hyped, given that it is a kaiju and giant robots movie directed by Guillermo del Toro.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Watching A Very Supernatural Christmas.

This is so fucked up on so many levels.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

^^ Glados?

• edited 2012-12-13 20:27:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Yep. Same voice actress, with same audio filter.

• So, I just finished The Shield... it was pretty good throughout the first few seasons and really good in the later ones.

Watched the Man of Steel trailer.

LENS FLARE!

Looked good otherwise.

• You can change. You can.

I still can't get excited about it. Everyone I've heard talking about it seems to have been won over by it, but all I'm thinking is "Boring origin shit".

Oh well.

In other news, I just finished Season 3 of the Wire. Bunny is still the best character in the history of English-Speaking Art. 

No, I'm totally with you Juan. An origin story would have to be REALLY original and great to win me over, and Superman's origin is the most boring, well-known of them all.

Also, is it bad that there will always be a part of me that thinks Warner Brothers is just riding on Marvel's coattails? At least for the next decade or so.

• I wanna see a Superhero movie where they don't feel honor-bound to do an origin story.

I think the next inevitable Batman reboot should not be an origin story under any circumstances.

But at the same time, I also think it would be cool if they went retro with it ala The Brave and the Bold, so what do I know?

I figure origin story was inevitable, so I'm working from that as my baseline.

I heard that they planned to simply have JGL be the new Batman and as such, they wouldn't do an origin story because TDKR pretty much operates as one for him, anyway.

I wanna see a Superhero movie where they don't feel honor-bound to do an origin story.

The Ed Norton Hulk movie pretty much does the origin as the credits sequence. 

Really, that's all there is to it, you can tell an origin as laconically as possible and you can then move on to the adventure. And I mean, Superman's origin just got a ten fucking season series. Do you really think people need a reminder by now?

• a little muffled
    I wanna see a Superhero movie where they don't feel honor-bound to do an origin story.
    X-Men?

The problem with using JGL is that I think the Dark Knight is incompatible with all the other heroes.

Not necessarily. The thing is that we never really see JGL be Batman in TDKR. All we know is that he inherits the mantle. For all we know, he is totally a whimsical Batman who dresses with a different suit everyday.

• >Implying JGL's character doesn't go full azrael.

shut up noimporta i want my silver age batman movie and i want jgl to do all the dance moves he did on SNL

all of them

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>I wanna see a Superhero movie where they don't feel honor-bound to do an origin story.

Inorite? I don't mind it with Green Lantern or other characters people don't know about, but there's no reason Spider-man needs another one.

As for JGL, I just wouldn't be able to take him as even a Dick Grayson-style Batman. Maybe Nightwing, but not Batman. Just the way he's built doesn't really fit it for me.

Ideally I'd like JL to have the same tone as either Grant Morrison's stories (unlikely) or the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini cartoons. Hell, just bring them on to help out.

Then I can forgive Dini for Ultimate Spider-man.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind doing other versions of the heroes they usually use for movies? Like a Batman Beyond movie, or a Spider-Girl movie?

I would totally enjoy it, but try convincing execs of it.

Honestly, I just want a JLI adaptation and a Blue Beetle movie directed by Edgar Wright with Simon Pegg as Ted Kord.

But that ain't happening

• We are getting an Ant-Man movie with Edgar Wright, keep that in mind. :P

I mostly just want Blue Beetle and Booster Gold goodness with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost buddying it out.

I won't get that out of an Ant-Man movie

just saiyan

• Well, Ant-Man might get people to become more accepting of goofier superhero movies, smoothing the path for such a movie.

Eh, I'd accept that if they weren't doing How To Steal An Ant-Man out of all the Ant-Man stories out there.

Plus, there's the whole "Nick Frost doesn't exactly look like a football player from the future" thing going on.

• Plus, there's the whole "Nick Frost doesn't exactly look like a football player from the future" thing going on.

Like that ever stopped filmmakers before.

It only allows them to proceed when they're attractive, not the other way around, though!

Well, he doesn't look like Brett Farve but there are some pretty damn fat football players.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

ronaldo

Ronaldo. The fat Ronaldo, not the other Ronaldo.