If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

the 2012 United States elections thread

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Excellent.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No, not officially, if you're talking about whether the election returns have been certified by the secretaries of the states, and lawsuits have been settled.

• Lol, never forget the incoming lawsuits.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

But we're fairly certain he won.

Well, everyone but this guy

I’m sorry, but did Romney already lose? Oh, that’s right. The election isn’t even over yet. In fact, it’s only 86%. Does not having the lead at 86% count as a loss? Is that what you’re saying? Because if you’re saying that I can assure you that you’re wrong. Why would you make this topic when the election is still on? Romney are still playing right now and they have been the best party in the US for how many terms now? He’s against one of the worst challengers in history who just happen to have a lead because they’re feeding off the projections of the voters. But you know what? They still fucking suck. Romney is one of the best fucking candidates in the Republican party, it was 50/50 last month and would of won the debate if the nigger didn’t cheat. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you’re going to be embarrassed when Romney wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Romney just got Pennsylvania, just like he did last election. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I’m fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you’re the only guy making all these anti-Romney topics because you’re a faggot hater who doesn’t like the Republicans because they’re good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It’s so easy to spot out your threads now, you’re a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don’t you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That’s just you, you’re always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing… 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• edited 2012-11-07 02:34:48

@ Super Lazuli What's that from?

• Besides a reelection, we voted in or out the following items.

-Maryland, Washington and Maine voted for the Marriage Equality Act, but not Minnesota.

-Colorado and Washington allow marijuana use.

-The first openly gay Senator has been voted in.

-Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock(AKA the rape guys) have been voted out.

-Puerto Rico will become the 51st state.

> -Puerto Rico will become the 51st state.

wait what???

• The /pol/ sticky is wonderful for the mood. Relevant theme music:

Also first dose of conservatears: http://uk.eonline.com/news/360904/donald-trump-vs-twitter-alec-baldwin-more-unload-after-obama-rant

Holy shit, that five-post rant from the user identifying 'emself as "EARTH".  In ALL CAPS.

• Has friends besides tanks now

>Romney just got Pennsylvania, just like he did last election.
    >just like he did last election.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, god. I have an eight hour shift today, and it's the busiest day of the week, and I'm in Alabama.

I am going to have to put up with so much bitching -_-

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Is it wrong that the results oft he election are the only reason I'm bothering going to English class?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Probably.

• edited 2012-11-07 09:42:36
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^^ Ask them whether they've learned to accept it.  If they protest, tell them that the other side felt similarly about Bush's re-election.

Hahaha, no. That would probably just piss them off. The appropriate protocol in that situation is to nod, say something vague that could be interpreted as agreeing, and wait for them to leave.

• But you never had any to begin with.

> -Puerto Rico will become the 51st state.

wait what???

They had a vote on statehood. Although the ball is in the US's court now. (See: Hawaii taking five years to become a state.)

Here's the thing, though: no Republican would ever vote to allow a Spanish-speaking US state in, since that would speed up their demographic suicide by three or four years.

That's why I'm curious whether this issue could become big enough that it would give them headaches.

Though, on the other hand, given how efficiently the Republican party has gone about disemboweling itself in the last four years, I guess maybe they'll be all for it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

That's why I'm curious whether this issue could become big enough that it would give them headaches.

Puerto Rico's had 3 votes for statehood before, it's just that this time, they were leaning towards it rather than away.

I've learned to not mind unless they drag the rest of the country into hell along with themselves.

• edited 2012-11-07 10:07:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, they won't. The fastest-growing demographic in the country hates them, and their core supporters are the fastest-shrinking demographic in the country. They'll just kind of slide out of the limelight over the next 20 years.

So basically this is a last-ditch plea at relevance.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    But still 49% of the popular vote was for Romney. Not sure if they are better at mobilizing the base, but that kind of numbers suggest they will stick around for a long and annoying time. Which wouldn't be such a problem really if they started making policy to react to reality, not ideals.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Oh, they won't. The fastest-growing demographic in the country hates them, and their core supporters are the fastest-shrinking demographic in the country. They'll just kind of slide out of the limelight over the next 20 years.

Funny, because hispanics tend to vote pretty socially conservative. If Republicans were smart they would try to appeal to their interests.

But nope, can't scare off all the rich white people.

The weird thing is, Bush won partially because he understood how important catering to Latinos is. But ever since, every Republican has pretty much just gone "fuck the Latinos" to appeal to people who will be dead in a few years and would have voted for them anyway.

I really have no idea how it's possible to be that stupid.

• edited 2012-11-07 10:27:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I wonder if the Republican leaders actually believe that there ought to be a sort of oligarch class (effectively, though not explicitly) of people who do the decision-making on one side while the only thing they need to worry about from the people is that the people are reasonably willing to re-elect them when election cycles roll around.  They need not actually explain their actions to anyone; they just need to convince the voters (through any means necessary, including deception about their priorities concerning so-to-speak moral issues) to keep them around.

So they do this, while those people who drink their kool-aid on the other hand believe that they're electing a bunch of leaders who are fighting for them tooth and nail against a liberal/progressive/immoral/Satanic/communist juggernaut, and thus they need to keep electing them in order to prevent said juggernaut from taking over.

I'm not sure I buy that, since if it were the case, they wouldn't be putting so much effort into losing the Latino vote.

What happened was that the drunk-on-the-kool-aid people actually got sufficiently pissed off at their leaders and started to overthrow them, replacing some of them.  Now some of the latter group are messing up the decisions of the former group.