If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Giving money to bums

124»

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The sad part is, my best friend also suscribes to that really stupid idea of the UK being overrun by muslims, the monarchist wannabe islamophobe that he is.(My friend, not shichibukai)

• edited 2012-10-19 00:48:10
    They're somethin' else.

Every once in a while, you'll see people panhandling at my local arcade. I really wish they had the caution to not bother people playing the more popular "HYPE AS FUKK BRO GRRRRRR" fighting games. One bum got shoved into a stool for his trouble.

If asked, i'll usually give a quarter or two. but not if i'm playing a game that required all my attention, like say a Shmup or run n gun.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

This was quite a thing to wake up to.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well, that's unfortunate.

Or maybe not. Never cared for the guy, really.

More on-task, an arcade seems like a strange place to panhandle. Maybe it's just because they know there's change there? 

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I try to give money if I can, even though I don't have much to begin with.  I don't want to brush them off thinking they'll just use it for drugs, and considering how much shit the homeless have gotten in this town to begin with (we had a law for awhile that basically picked people up who were homeless and drove them out of town), I don't want to be an asshole.

I have seen people I've given money to then go by the nearest food stand and get some food for themselves, so its a good feeling if nothing else

• He's Edmania.

I knew it!

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

He's Edmania.

No wonder I couldn't work it out by myself — I hardly knew the guy.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I will forever know him

as that misanthropic tableflipper 

• edited 2012-10-19 07:43:15
    Diet NEET

Have some fitting music:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Can we please stop talking about Tableflipper?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yes. Please.

I try to give homeless people change when I have it, and generally feel awful when I don't. Now, if I am outright harassed for change by someone without explanation, that's something entirely different.

• edited 2012-10-19 18:54:20

My problem is that I rarely have cash or change on me, since I use my debit card for almost everything.

Which results in me having to say "sorry, I don't have any cash on me" which sounds like a blatant lie even when it's not.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I know that feeling. Or rather, not quite that feeling, but a similar one.

• Not to say that this thread is redundant (I actually think this issue is pretty tough and deserves more discussion), but the old topic on this might be worth a read.