If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Giving money to bums

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

It's probably the latter.

Does it matter, really? 

Let him live in his bubble.

I've got stuff to do, ttyal. Be nice to each other, now. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yes, yes, I know this is called "misanthropy" by some people.

Other people just call it "being a jerk".

• They're somethin' else.

Pfft. Well now, you're just boring me. Lemme guess, you joining this forum was a "social experiment"?

• edited 2012-10-18 23:31:21
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

He's Edmania. I'm pretty sure this is serious mode.

Really? Even though Ed has an account here, and from what I've seen, acts nothing like this?

Also, what Glenn said.

• edited 2012-10-18 23:33:06
    Tableflipper

Well, I have gone to specific places before specifically to observe the social behaviors of certain groups of people. For such things lurking is usually enough though.

But no, it isn't, since I do actively take part in discussion (even if it's mostly just commenting in the anime thread) which is more to kill time than anything.

• You can change. You can.

Neo_Crimson: He most definetly is edmania, though. Check the account's history and you'll notice that he has Edmania's previous avatars attached to it.

• Oh boy, what have I done? I thought that you'd just miscommunicated or something, I didn't think you were serious.  Can we drop it?

• edited 2012-10-18 23:38:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Let him live in his bubble.

If I was remotely comfortable having him around, sure.

Even though Ed has an account here, and from what I've seen, acts nothing like this?

It might have been more on IJBM, but Edmania had the same ideas as this.

Can we drop it?

I think I might have to templock this thread for now, while I see what the mods want to do, but we'll see.

No. You opened the can of worms and now you get to eat it. Not only that, but now you must live with it until the end of time. Which means that you are technically married to it and need to move together with your can of worms. Soon after that you will have little cans of worms walking around your apartment while you sit in your room thinking "What have I done?"

and then there's the divorce and alimony, but let's keep happy thoughts instead of fucking "fuck the poor" rhetoric, eh?

• edited 2012-10-18 23:42:04
    Tableflipper

but let's keep happy thoughts instead of fucking "fuck the poor" rhetoric, eh?

I am trying really hard to not activate my literal-overthinking-process right now. Though I think this may be just a grammar/word error.

• edited 2012-10-18 23:44:12

I think I'm gonna templock this, while the mod team decides what to do, because this can't stand.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Edmania's banned, probably permanently, so if you guys want to continue a reasonable conversation, go ahead.

Well, shit.

i guess he managed to not marry that can of worms

Nah. I honestly can't blame Formaldehyde for this.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Huh? Why?

Nah. I honestly can't blame Formaldehyde for this.

err, I wasn't blaming him

Huh? Why?

Why what?

err, I wasn't blaming him

Sorry. I guess I missed that you were joking anyway.

I honestly don't see the point in banning the guy for his misanthropy. It's not like he was advertising it.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:15:15
    You can change. You can.

you are kidding aren't ya

I mean, I won't pretend I'm entirely ok with permanently banning someone for having an opinion that seems to come from someone with the level of maturity and obtuseness of a five year old, but come on. did you read the thread or the previous threads by him

^^

The only difference between them and pests as far as i'm concerned is that they are less bothersome(since they most often don't sprint towards me and dance around in mockery which is what flying bugs tend to give off) and that trying to kill them or something would get me in serious trouble because human rights and the law and all that shit.

^ The way I see it, tempbans are for when there's a chance that they'll change acceptably given the time off. If I may emptyquote something I said in the Back Room:

When you carry such a low opinion of other people, you own it.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:19:56
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The only difference between them and pests as far as i'm concerned is that they are less bothersome(since they most often don't sprint towards me and dance around in mockery which is what flying bugs tend to give off) and that trying to kill them or something would get me in serious trouble because human rights and the law and all that shit.

One paragraph means constant advertisement of his set of beliefs?

I mean, I won't pretend I'm entirely ok with permanently banning someone for having an opinion that seems to come from someone with the level of maturity and obtuseness of a five year old, but come on. did you read the thread or the previous threads by him

Was he was being obtuse in all those threads?  Yes. Did I consider them bothersome? Not really. Do I believe these threads he made have anything to do with his banning? I wish I could, but I think it's most likely that the ban is a knee-jerk reaction to his set of beliefs, which is anathema to what most sane people think.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:21:43
    You can change. You can.

It's not a decision I'm going to argue because a huge part of me agrees with it, but if it really needs to be on the record, I think that while his opinion is really unsavory (And anyone who knows me knows how much I hate rhetorics based on assuming the worst out of low class people) I feel that there's such a thing as overusing bannings as a peacekeeping tool.

^ Well, that's because the ban is because of his own set of beliefs. I don't understand what's your objection here. You said previously that you felt that he didn't demonstrate misanthropy until now, which is true, but I'd argue that his previous threads demonstrated a level of not understanding people as well as a complete unwillingness to do so.

I'm saying I don't see why we should tolerate this set of beliefs. No one lamented the loss of Shichibukai, and that wasn't a hell of a lot worse than what happened here.

I don't lament either case, I just don't see edmania being as disruptive as shichibukai.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:24:31

One paragraph means constant advertisement of his set of beliefs?

The constancy isn't the point, the point is that he'd kill homeless people as if they were flies, if not for the law.

I just don't see edmania being as disruptive as shichibukai.

Even without the misanthropy, his obtuseness and overly literalness was kind of annoying. People were going to get fed up with him one way or another. If anything, he's more disruptive, because of how easily this came out of him: it took a longer discussion for Shichibukai to whip out his "toxic alien culture" comment.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:29:16
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The difference between Edmania and Shichibukai, to me, is that the first time I found out Shichi was a racist and all, I was kind of surprised because he'd never said anything in front of me to indicate it.

Edmania, meanwhile, has spent the last week or so constantly going "hey, guys, have I mentioned that I despise humanity lately?"

The difference between Edmania and Shichibukai, to me, is that the first time I found out Shichi was a racist and all, I was kind of surprised because he'd never said anything in front of me to indicate it.

I have the exact opposite idea, most of my memories of Shichibukai were about his post in TvTropes in the depression thread on how he had tried being tolerant and failed and that the UK was being overrun by a bunch of muslim rapists.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:34:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, I only knew Shichi from here.

I stand by my point about Edmania's recent behavior, though.

he'd kill homeless people as if they were flies, if not for the law.

Well, more accurately, he'd try to kill a homeless person and then probably either die or be seriously injured, if not for the law.

• edited 2012-10-19 00:36:53

Anyway, I want the thread to get off this particular topic. He's banned, and that's that.