If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No, he is Saturn. Vivi.

Oh. My mistake and apologies.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

The King of Heroes probably relied on the fact that he originally patented the swords, and much like a cheap Chinese manufacturer flooding a market, Shirou drowned him in a field of knock-offs.

• I don't think there's any recorded instance of a cheap Chinese knock-off surpassing the original though.

I don't know, I thought the difference was is that the guy using the knock-offs knew how to use it to his advantage, while Gilgamesh was too arrogant to realize he had an anti-world weapon.

• edited 2012-11-04 05:56:38

I was mostly just quoting Shirou's line before the fight.

"These are all imitations. As you say, these are all trifling swords. But there is no rule that an imitation cannot defeat the original. If you say you are the original, I shall surpass everyone of your weapons and destroy your existence."

But yeah, that's pretty much it; Gilly lost because he didn't take Shirou seriously. If he'd just used Ea straight off Shirou would have had his arse handed to him, but Gilgamesh's ego is the size of a planet, so Shirou was able to counter the Gate of Babylon, counter all of the swords Gil could pull out of the Gate to use himself and completely overwhelm him.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I'm reading through the Book of Exalted Deeds at the moment.

This book is like... it's like if you take a regular good character, and then take their behaviour to extremes. It's kind of ridiculous.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> College clubs are where you go if you want to murder your love for something you once enjoyed.

why is this happening to me

> Black pudding > Haggis. This is objective fact. :|

Of course, black pudding has a 66% chance of offering resistance to cold, to shock, or to poison.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So, I'm reading through the Book of Exalted Deeds at the moment.

Its counterpart is significantly more off-the-wall, if that's possible. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

But where I can read the Book of Exalted Deeds, and agree with much of what it says, even, I don't think I could do the same for the Book of Vile Darkness.

No but the Book of Vile Darkness is significantly more um.

I don't really know how to put it.

More supervillain? 

It's the direct opposite of the Book of Exalted Deeds. In fact, the Book of Exalted Deeds was made specifically to balance out the misery of the Book of Vile Darkness.

I know. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

You know murder is a really fun word to spell. Just say it out loud. M-U-R-D-E-R! Murder! Murder! Murder! Some sports team should just take the mock aggression to the logical extreme and name themselves the murderers. Because murder is a great word to chant. Think of all the cheer routines and stabbing motions with the pom poms. Or when they pull out some LARP knives in the skit and make stabbing motions. 

M-U-R-D-E-R! Murder! Murder! Murder!

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

And all the cheerleaders are goth chicks. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

Nah, that would be passe. Goth is a passing fad. Violence is eternal. Besides, your default cheerleader is closer to crazy and violence than some goth girl with self inflicted crazy because she though fishmalks were cool. 

And all the cheerleaders are bearded men in Viking garb? 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Thank you for that image, Alex.

Happy to be of service. Naturally. 

• So, Skyfall was good... now back to dread for impending exams.

I had a good night's sleep, so I don't feel so passive-aggressive towards life in general. I guess life approves, since its making me not feel like shit today.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    > the misery of the Book of Vile Darkness.

That book's a blast, what are you on?

The misery is the point of it!

No, the darkness is the point, hence the name. It's got a lot of fun stuff, if stuff that is far removed from a lot of campaign settings.

(I'm just screwing with you, I know what you mean)

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Anybody's heard anything from Miss Anne since the time she ceased posting? I've been wondering if she just grabbed her toys and took her leave from the Net.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Last I heard, she's become a Tumblr style SJW.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If the Misery is the point of it, then what is the Balrog?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

SJW?

Social Justice Warrior.

• Why the hell was Bob banned?

so

sick again

not fun