If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

•  

Best Yuno.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I have an urge to draw the words "this space for rent" between her eyes. The internet has damaged me.

• Definitely not gay.

Does anyone here think that Kyubey is a badass?

• There is love everywhere, I already know

For manipulating a bunch of easily impressionable preteens with pre-conceived fantasies?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

He is the most pathetic salesman ever.

• edited 2012-10-30 12:42:21

Kyubey tortures emotional young girls.

That's both not especially difficult and not very cool.

Also, having a stupid pun for a name is not very badass either.

• He is adorable when you are not familiar with Madoka, at least.

• Definitely not gay.

Kyubey tortures emotional young girls.

That's both not especially difficult and not very cool.

Isn't that simplifying it a bit? I mean yeah he's kind of a dick to some teenage girls, but that's because he wants to save the universe.

• edited 2012-10-30 13:12:26
    There is love everywhere, I already know

kind of a dick

but that's because he wants [citation needed] to save the universe.

Isn't that simplifying it a bit?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> So, Hurricane Sandy is completely wrecking the East Coast, being the unstoppable force-of-nature that it is.

That's it, Scout's name is now Sandy.

> Yuno

Nanoha's ex-boyfriend?

Wait, that's Yuuno.

• Definitely not gay.

Doesn't he want to stop entropy or something?

He does, but he doesn't have the emotional ability to care enough. What [the Kyubey race]'s doing is systematic self-preservation to continue their species existence. He doesn't want anything, he's doing it as that's what a species should be doing in such a situation, trying to keep itself alive at all costs.

We could expand this into saying their species is ultimately logical and therefore doesn't care if the human race dies for the continued existence of every other species in the universe, but that still looking at it as an equation in [their] mind. They don't want anything, they're just going according to logic.

I say their because all the Kyubey seem to be synched into one being and that's why they can just replace each other wherever the last one was killed.

Plus, still lots and lots of literally depressed to death teenage girls.

• Definitely not gay.

Well I hope you can still pride yourself on emotionally stable teenage girls when the heat death of the universe hits

• Given that two emotionally unstable teenage girls found a more humane way to do it, I think it's safe to say that they could've too, it was just more efficient/easier this way. Also, even then, the heat death of the universe is just so ridiculously far from our scope of understanding that it's still too little to make them sympathetic.

• Definitely not gay.

it was just more efficient/easier this way

Hey, what works works!

Not when it's allowing teenage girls to rewrite the universe to their whims.

• I just think the whole "entropy" thing was kind of dumb altogether. The witches are a destructive force, and magical girls need to stop it, no further explanation needed, it gives the Kyubeys a better motive and has the added bonus of parsimony.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That doesn't actually work, though, because the witches are magical girls, and the Kyubeys created them.

Which would leave them with no reason for ever having done anything.

• That's why I said "the whole entropy thing", that part obviously included.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, okay.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I kind of don't buy that kyubey, or his race, wanted to 'save' the universe, as much as preserve their own well-being, as was already said. Once they used Earth for its purpose, they feel content to abandon it. I'd imagine that Earth isn't the first, nor the last, planet that this will occur to.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Granted, logically they would want to keep earth and humanity alive as long as possible as a stable grief seed farm. It was just the introduction of Walpurgisnacht and Madoka's Witch into the system, that presented gains for them big enough to let Earth end and move on to a new planet.
  • edited 2012-10-30 19:20:49
    Has friends besides tanks now

@Madoka: I'm not gonna get into the entropy debate, or the one about whether or not Kyubey is actually serving the greater good of the whole universe, or his own, but no, Eelektross, Kyubey is not a badass. He's an effective villain, for the purposes of the story, and I liked him quite a bit, though.

Meanwhile, I have nine or so sources to draw on for a paper, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know how to start, and I won't be able to write this particular essay until that's decided.

• If I remember correctly, the label of "badass" is granted to those few capable of amazing, extraordinary acts, which breaks boundaries and defies expectation.

And I'm not sure how running a farm fulfills any of that in any shape or form.
  • So now I am apparently Fu Manchu.

Suh-weet-ness.
  • edited 2012-10-30 20:21:14
    a little muffled

I am going to mistake you for myself every single time.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I was given Duke Devlin.

Hell yeah.

• a little muffled

And I've officially mistaken myself for GMH as well.

Oh dear.

• edited 2012-10-30 20:41:13
    Poot dispenser here

(EDIT: Forgot that the avatar swap was opt-in. S'okay.)