If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-09-11 02:07:05
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^If it helps, there's a mod that let's you not kill him.

• edited 2012-09-11 02:13:04
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have no internet to fuck around on

:(

Anyway, I didn't kill him. The Blades are just not speaking to me now. No, Delphine ;-;

(I finished the main quest. Also, since Alduin, nothing has posed a challenge to me now. Helps that I have 70 Enchanting/50 Smithing/50 Heavy Armour/One Handed/40 Restoration/Destruction.)

I think I'll tackle the Mage's questline next, then the Companions, then... I dunno, the Bards quests? Then I'll go around and become Thane at each of the Holds, as hopefully I'll have enough money to buy Proudspire Manor by then (I have 15,000 gold at the moment and I have unlocked the ability to buy it). Then I'll do the Imperial Quests.

Also, Lydia remained amazingly consistently useful despite me not having downloaded a mod that makes her level with me, to the point that she actually dealt more damage to Alduin than I did, and taking less damage from his attacks than I.

I have swapped Lydia out for Mjoll though, mostly because I feel bad for dragging Lydia through Sovngarde and back- she has literally been with me through death and back, I think she's done enough for me.

• They're somethin' else.

Ugh.

Note to no one in particular:

If you go about writing a story with "DON'TMAKEAMARYSUEDONTMAKEAMARYSUEDONTMAKEAMARYSUE" as your sole objective, I doubt anything you have to write is even worth reading anyway.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ Dear gods, yes.

• It's all about how you approach it.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yes, and that approach is... well, bad.

• You can change. You can.

Not particularly. It's just that it's as good as "I'll be using words for this story"

• edited 2012-09-11 08:51:30
    They're somethin' else.

And by proxy, if "MARY SUE CHECKLIST LOL!" is how you critique works that you read, well then, thank you for letting know never to take anything you say seriously ever again.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ What I mean is that the approach of fixating on whether or not your protagonist might be perceived as whatever the reader thinks is a "Mary Sue" is inherently a bad one for multiple reasons.

• edited 2012-09-11 10:36:11
    You can change. You can.

Err, not really? While it is true that perceptions change from person to person, the fact is that there are some things that can be picked up and be felt in a particular way. For example, using gore to either gross out or shock the audience. It's kinda Writing 101, really.

• edited 2012-09-11 10:54:25
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

I think what Schitzo and JHM are getting at is that writing a character based around "not Mary Sue" is still defining said character by Mary Sue conventions rather than allowing them to be an organic creation. 

• edited 2012-09-11 11:10:00
    Exactly. While a good dose of self-awareness is a nice thing to have, too much self-awareness makes one second-guess yourself, doubt, and conform to perceived expectations.
  • edited 2012-09-11 12:10:01
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Anyone could give me an explanation, or a link to one, so that I could know the details of that latest BtL affair?

edit: oh wait, I found a link. I guess it's as much as anyone knows.

• edited 2012-09-11 18:02:57

Well, today I could do almost none of the errands I had to do, and found out I gotta do more, one of which is at the office a city away that I'm sick of going to. Fuck this shit.

Edit: Make that two cities away.

• edited 2012-09-11 16:37:16
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also.

> my wife is not respecting me as head of the household

Isn't that because the household belongs to both the husband and the wife, and thus both of them should be taking its responsibilities and enjoying its privileges?

> losing self confidence

he mad

• a little muffled

hey juan my physics prof is from colombia

do you know him.

• >get bathrobes with mentor group logo made

>miss dinner due to committee solicitation interviews

>chatroulette drinking game needs a laptop, nuke all pr0n links in Firefox, hold 2 minutes of silence

>chatroulette blocked on frat IP, opt for knockoff

>dicks, dicks everywhere

>pretty brodettes as bait, bro that thinks he's funny(moi) behind keyboard

>whenever the hapless saps on the other side engage in a humilating antic, turn webcam to reveal 100-ish bros lolling at them

>habe college at 9 tomorrow

One of those days again.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Woohoo! We are winning against Canada! YAY!

• No rainbow star

^ In what?

Also, lies, all lies!

• You can change. You can.

We are conquering Canada step by step

• No rainbow star

Anybody remember the MMO Graal?

• I sure wish I knew what any of you were talking about.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Welcome to my life, ninjaclown. :|

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That thing called Football. It's Concacaf Qualifiers for the Brazil World Cup. Canada won 1-0 in Toronto and Panama won 2-0 in Juan Diaz.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Apparently Chuck Norris is using his internet star power to appeal to gun owners to get them to vote.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^I don't think that works demographically.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, he IS running ads asking gun owners to get registered to vote, and directing them to a site called "Trigger the Vote".

And the tagline is "Do you want a problem with CHUCK NORRIS?"

Fun fact: One of Chuck Norris's weaknesses is politics.  He endorsed Mike Huckabee in 2008, and then he endorsed Newt Gingrich in 2012.

• edited 2012-09-12 03:25:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, it appears to be part of an NRA ad campaign.  There's a non-Chuck-Norris ad that also goes to Trigger the Vote; it features a guy yelling at the viewer, calling him/her a "maggot".  Wouldn't be too surprised if this was a reference to TF2's Soldier, but that's probably unlikely.

Not to mention the Soldier telling me to do anything would make me veeeery leery about it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

... unless it's a farm?

sorry