If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• a little muffled

Happy birthday.

You're nineteen? Clearly you should come to Ontario and drink.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Happy birthday!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Happy birthday!
  • edited 2012-09-09 13:06:06
    Diet NEET

evangelionending.wav

Also, this:

• edited 2012-09-09 13:40:55
    Has friends besides tanks now

Thanks for the birthday wishes! 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There was something in your post that caused me to want to say that if only I were still in New England that I'd think about visiting you but I'm now in Virginia so I can't.

Though, then again, if I were in New England, I couldn't use the car undetected.

Anyway, in my inbox someone with last name "Ostriker" wrote a message.  I read that as "Outlier".

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Happy birthday!

• a little muffled

I am shopping for an Android phone right now. Any advice?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Basically, you'd want something with the latest version, a nice big screen, and good battery life.

Good choices are the HTC EVO LTE and the Samsung Galaxy III S.

What's battery life like on smartphones?  I imagine it can't be anything good.

• You can change. You can.

Mine lasts about one day and a half if I leave it on. Not sure if that's good

• edited 2012-09-09 17:07:24
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

My phone lasts 2 days if I just leave it on or just use it for calls and text. About 5-6 hours if I use it for internet without Wi-Fi or graphically intensive games. The average battery life ends up being like 9-10 hours.

My iPhone lasted maybe 12 hours to a day. My current phone...is new, so I don't really have a feel for it yet. Seems pretty good though.

• edited 2012-09-09 17:15:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    On a normal day, my iPhone usually lasts long enough that I can just charge it while I sleep and not run out.
  • edited 2012-09-09 19:17:47

Happy Birthday!

I made cake.

(Except for the picture at the top. I'll make a custom out of this.)

I don't think that cake is real.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

"It's totally like in 'Cake 2: Revenge of the Dwarves'!"

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^^ You should have made the toppings pinku, because

1- It would be supah kawaii

2- Brown looks unfortunate

T.cake expert

• Kichigai birthday!!

Man, for being a bunch of copypasta loving NEETs /jp/ sure can do some stuff

• edited 2012-09-09 20:09:57
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, my birthday was okay, I guess. On the plus side, I got cake and a bunch of new CD's, and I know that I'll have enough money from dad to go to the RtR prerelease (whether or not Magic club goes, though it probably will) and a new book waiting for me to pick it up, and I got through more of Crime and Punishment. On the other hand, I had a bad morning with iTunes (and I should have just used Amazon for all the purchases in the first place), my inability to figure out a word game with some friends soured my mood a bit, and the loss of 6973 or so souls in Dark Souls, in an area I've already played through, has put me off of playing it for quite a while. And my workload is finally building up on me, when I'd taken pains to stay on top of it.

It's probably about time I got to the counseling center.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Happy late birthday, dude. 

I'm going to post a Youtube video. It's a movie trailer.

Before you watch it, I feel the need to make it clear that this is an actual, real movie.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Happy late birthday also. 

That second /jp/ themesong is really good, not least of all because of its context. The disassociation of youth from traditionally functional lives is becoming a larger and larger problem as of late, and the song is pretty tragic in the way it critisicises its own subculture but hangs on desperately all the time. The first /jp/ theme was a much more humorous take on the whole scenario, but this one looks like an early example of actually addressing the problem, from the perspective someone who's in the middle of it all. It's a very sad song, but perhaps also necessary, and provides a strong counterpoint to the original. 

What that piece addresses so well is that no-one really wants to be a shut-in; it's a result of some other alienation, so closing off from the world becomes a coping mechanism rather than an actual choice, so to speak. It's a calculation based on a number of risk/reward factors, and it's based on a perspective that considers the ideal solution to that equation to be no risk/no reward. 

And to top it off, it's a sequel song that builds directly on the original and deepens the discussion. Very strong work. 

^^ This is a fantasy story; it's just a different kind of fantasy than people having superpowers or magic.  It is the fantasy of creating a battle in reality in order to fight for one's cause long after it's been achieved.

creating a battle in reality in order to fight for one's cause long after it's been achieved.

It hasn't been achieved. Some people still acknowledge that belief systems other than far-right Christianity exist.

• no-one really wants to be a shut-in;

Speak for yourself.  I'd love it if I could be a shut-in.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That's a really dangerous mindset.

• I don't think the second video was meant to be satirical (or whatever the appropriate word is).

• edited 2012-09-09 21:53:19
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Have you ever experienced it for a significant amount of time, though? It gets old, and without considerable responsibility to oneself or others, it can be easy to waste away very quickly. Shutting yourself away is bad juju all around, but it can also be tough to defeat and a brutal cycle. I can understand the theory behind the appeal, but it's one of those bright ideas like eating sweets all day 'erryday or learning the bagpipes. 

I don't think the second video was meant to be satirical (or whatever the appropriate word is).

It wasn't a parody that the other one was, but it recognises the irrationality of its own perspective while also clinging to it desperately. If that isn't some kind of commentary, I'm not sure what is. 

I'd love it if I could be a shut-in.

Speaking as someone who is kind of stuck as a shut-in at the moment, it is really fucking boring.