If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I rather liked those movies for having real monsters.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^I agree that they probably shouldn't have done it, but if they were going to do it, they could have at least done it right.

• IJBM/IJAM: When Akinator asks stupid questions that are no way related to the character I'm thinking of. And yet it's sometimes amusing.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

just got back from watching spider-man

much better than expected

• edited 2012-07-05 12:01:52
    Diet NEET

I hate this morning. Door-to-door proselytizers should be reïncarnated as owls in order to gain sympathy for my sleep cycle.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay, I have been awake for twenty-two hours and I am not tired. I should go to sleep anyway though.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I went to the library in the hopes of getting some writing done, but then it occurred to me that stories about naked superheroes are frowned upon in a public setting.

So I'm kind of here for no reason right now I guess.

Does anyone know if any of these books are good, they're the library's new arrivals:

1.       Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews

2.      The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer

3.       The Sea Witch by Stephen Coonts

4.       The Storm by Clive Cussler

5.       Mortal by Ted Dekker

6.       The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans

7.       Canada by Richard Ford

8.      Dead Level by Sarah Graves

9.      A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris

10. Beach House Memories by Mary Alice Monroe

11. Home by Toni Morrison

12. 11th Hour  by James Patterson

13. Little Night by Luanne Rice

14. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts

15. Stolen Prey by John Sanford

16. Cast On, Kill Off by Maggie Sefton

17. A Blaze of Glory by Jeff Shaara

18. Don’t Mess with Travis by Bob Smiley

19. Talking Back to Facebook by James Steyer

20. Let it Go by T.D. Jakes

21. How to Make Your Car Last Forever by Tom Torbjornsen

22. Dark Shadows by Kathryn Leigh Scott

23. Mud, Sweat, and Tears by Bear Grylls

24. The Passage of Power by Robert Caro

25. The Amateur

--Me

so yeah. Anybody?
  • edited 2012-07-05 22:16:15
    I'm a damn twisted person

I love my state's governor. By love I mean I want to kick him in the kidneys for being such a massive tool and following calculated party line arguments to a T instead of making responsible decisions for the people he was (regrettably)elected to represent. Like denying federanl funding to help set up ACA exchange rates, along with several other Republican governors. What gets really bizarre is that Walker can't even use the excuse that the state can't afford it because numbers have shown that the funding and implementation of the program would save Wisconsin 3.7 billion over the next 10 years. All in all, at this point all I can say is "Stay classy Mr. Walker!" and shake my fist in what I think is the approximate direction of the state capitol. 

So yeah... pretty much only GMH and other politics watchers will care about this post. 

IJBM: it is way, way too hot.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Stop reminding me that my job doesn't have air conditioning INUH. 

Maybe this is just me being from Alabama, but it still amazes me that air conditioning isn't just something that people take as a given like electricity or running water.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Oh the store has the machinery equipped for AC. It just hasn't been working for the past week or so. 

Oh, okay.

• But you never had any to begin with.

^ Most of Europe doesn't have in-house AC.

I know; I've been to Europe a few times. I get that the climate there is such that it's reasonable not to, but being from Alabama, it's just kinda alien to me.

• Has friends besides tanks now

My shift died down early, I have a functional pair of contacts again, and my computer's back. Today's been a good day.

• No rainbow star
    Lai: I stumped Akinator with Qwilfish

Poor, poor Qwilfish is unloved :<
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    One time I was thinking of Rika Furude and it guessed Rin Kokonoe.

I was sad.
  • "Question No 20: Does your character wish to be grossly incandescent?"

God damn you Akinator.

I just tried Captain Marvel (i.e. Mar-Vell).

His guesses: Tintin, Deadpool, Captain Canuck.

• a little muffled

It is really hard to answer a lot of Akinator questions when your character is a shapeshifter.

Weirdest consecutive questions he's ever given me:

>is your character female?
    >yes
    >does your character have a mustache? 

That can't have narrowed things down very much.

• I like how when I was thinking of Satoshi Tainaka (Ritsu's brother, from K-ON!), his fifth question was "is your character in a band of 5 girls" (or something) and the first character he guessed was Satoshi (aka Ash Ketchum) from Pokemon.  I am convinced he knew exactly who it was from the beginning and just dragged it out for 40 questions for my amusement.

• Akinator clearly wasn't a big fan of Viewtiful Joe the last time I played. Didn't help I used the bosses too.

• Kichigai birthday!!

He once guessed Hakata-san right,and like five different Chargeman Ken characters

• I chose Goofy just for fun and that is such a weird picture they chose for him.

• a little muffled

Characters it got: Kelsier (Mistborn), Avacyn, Stunfisk
    Characters it did not get: Spook (also Mistborn), the RahXephon

Picked Jones from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Its first two characters were from Problem Sleuth, and the last was Rose's mom from Homestuck. 

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-07-06 02:54:25

So you like Stunfisk and NOT Qwilfish?

You have bad taste Akinator!

Igniz is so cheap, he even stumps Akinator.

• edited 2012-07-06 03:04:39
    Has friends besides tanks now

1st Akinator try for the day:

1st character: Monzcarro Murcatto (Best Served Cold)
    -1st guess: Brienne of Tarth (A Song of Ice and Fire)
    -2nd guess: Faile Bashere (The Wheel of Time)
    -3rd guess: Kitiara Uth Matar (Dragonlance)

Suck it, Akinator! It even outright asked me at one point, "Is your character from the works of George R. R. Martin?"

2nd Akinator try for the day:

2nd character: Ozaki Toshio (Shiki)
    -1st guess: Brock (Pokemon)
    -2nd guess: MADAO/Hasegawa Daizo (Gintama)
    -3rd guess: Ozaki Toshio (Shiki)

Damn. Good questions, though: "Have you ever wanted to marry your character?"; "Did your character marry the one you love?"; "Is your character actually a country?"; "Does your character make Machinimas?"