If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Best superheroine: Ms. Marvel.

Best DC superheroine: Zatanna.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well I knew that, Juan.

The only DC heroine I think I like better than Zatanna is Crazy Jane, who exists in that weird place in the U where the Grant Morrison Doom Patrol was.

I also quite like the girls from the Teen Titans show, but that's DCAU (sorta) and not part of the comic canon. 

• You can change. You can.

Best DC superheroine: Zatanna.

Part of me wants to go "Surely you mean Stephanie Brown"?

but another part wants to say "Nah, Cass Cain it is"

There's also another part that totally agrees with that statement.

Oh also, if you want more Zatanna goodness outside of Justice League Dark these days, Paul Dini did a very sweet albeit shortlived Zatanna series. That and her story during Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory are pretty much the best individual Zatanna stories. 

• edited 2012-07-04 02:57:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^The Teen Titans girls are awesome.

Though when I got into comics last month, Starfire was a walking realdoll and Raven was...I don't even know if she still exists, so yeah, pretty much limited to the animated versions there, though I did pick up some stuff with the 80s versions of them, who are pretty cool.

Part of me wants to go "Surely you mean Stephanie Brown"?

but another part wants to say "Nah, Cass Cain it is"

Well, okay, obviously "who I know about" belongs in both statements :P

• but another part wants to say "Nah, Cass Cain it is"

Cass is the best. Her books are hard to find though :|

Terra got more character insight in five episodes than some characters get across entire series. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

• edited 2012-07-04 03:02:20
    You can change. You can.

I just kinda decided to use and abuse the internet, Haven. 

Well, okay, obviously "who I know about" belongs in both statements :P

For what is worth, I totally agree that Zatanna's up there. She just hasn't got the proper love she deserves and that's a goddamn shame, I say.

Then again, DC and strong female protagonists have a complicated relationship full of complicatedness

ETA: Also, I've always had mixed and complicated feelings regarding Teen Titans.

you obviously needed to know that.

^^Yeah, Terra's good too. I don't know anything about her when it comes to comics, though.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    She's a very different character in the comics. More unrepentantly evil.

And banging Deathstroke

can't forget the banging Deathstroke part

• I just kinda decided to use and abuse the internet, Haven.

How could you do such an illegal act so brazenly?!  I would ne--

oh, hey, my torrent just finished

I would never!

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The one dude I mentioned was a big Deathstroke fan often says he doesn't like that Deathstroke was 'turned into' a pedo.

Nevermind his creators had hin bang a fifteen year old.

Yeah, Terra's good too. I don't know anything about her when it comes to comics, though.

Comic!Terra is apparently a total bitch. 

As opposed to the only sometimes bitch of the show!Terra 

The one dude I mentioned was a big Deathstroke fan often says he doesn't like that Deathstroke was 'turned into' a pedo.

Nevermind his creators had hin bang a fifteen year old.

About fifteen years ago too!

...right?

no, wait, Teen Titans is early eighties. so it's been about thirty years...

my god that's all kinds of surreal right there

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Re IRC clients:

I personally like X-Chat the most.  You technically have to pay for the most up-to-date official version, but the program itself is open-source, which means there are free builds lying around the internet.  I use one called X-Chat WDK.

The only bug it seems to have is that when it's logging the conversation and you do a filesend, it creates new logfiles in the folder of the file you're sending.

Apart from that, it works almost flawlessly.

Other IRC clients include the popular mIRC (which is nagware, bugging you to buy the program every time you open it up--at least, mIRC 6.13 is), and the lesser-known Hirc and ViRC.

• a little muffled

XChat is good, yeah.

• a little muffled

Wellp, I installed City of Heroes.

Hey, @Bastion, what server should I play on? It looks like my existing characters are spread out over a couple, but I was planning on starting anew anyway (since none of them got especially far).

I play CoH.

Level 12 Magic Brawler by the name of Helios the Sun-God because fuck subtlety.

I also use my other slot to destroy and create characters on a whim. 

• a little muffled

I played for a month, like two years ago.

I've here and there felt like getting back into it but never did until Bastion mentioned that it's free now.

Currently having video card issues, however...

• Nyktos: I'd say either Virtue or Freedom, since they're the two most populated by far (I moved my main over from Guardian because it was practically a ghost town). Relative to the number of people playing that is--it's more like "easy to assemble a team on the fly to go after content" and not "crash everything trying to enter main population zone." I play on Virtue myself.
  • a little muffled

Virtue it is, then. That was one of the servers I'd played on before anyway.

Also, finding Ms. Liberty is the easiest thing in the world because there's just this massive clump of people around her at all times.

• Oh man, getting drunk texts...this is more amusing than it should be.

Nyktos: Nice. What characters do you have there? I have a level 35 scrapper and level 22 Brute. I also just made a Defender in Praetoria and I might make a Peacebringer while I'm VIP.

Oh man, getting drunk texts...this is more amusing than it should be.

is it justice

if so tell him to lick a goat

• edited 2012-07-04 05:16:44
    a little muffled

@Bastion: A couple of low-level characters I don't even remember making, lol. As I said, I don't really plan to use any of my old characters again. Been too long, and I never got very far on any of them.

Video card issues are annoying and may make me not feel like playing the game. Also it just crashed in the middle of character creation...

• Juan: I don't think Justice would get this drunk if he drank an ocean of beer.

Nyktos: Ah, damn :/ Well, let me know if you manage to overcome them.

Just started season 5 of The Sopranos. The first episode got off to a good start, and then there was an unspeakably silly scene involving a bear and things are going downhill now.

that's pretty much the sopranos in a nutshell

Yep. I'm not sure I really want to finish it, but my parents aren't going to take it out of the Netflix queue, so...:/
  • Darn, you made me think it was on Instant Streaming =/