If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Yes. Because you're a neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd. 

--goes back to reading about hipster dorks flying through space--

Saying that things are going to hell in The Wire is like saying the show is set in ballymore Baltimore. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

On the subject of being a nerd, I feel bad that Name of The Wind isn't sucking me in like people said it would. I've had it for about a week and I'm still only 200 pages in.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I only saw Iron Man twice in theaters. I still have to see Captain America more than once.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I would have liked to see Thor again before The Avengers, but at this point it's probably not gonna happen.
  • a little muffled

I watched them all in the lead-up, but for all but the two Iron Man movies it was my first time seeing them.

I saw Captain America twice and that was about it. *shrug*

I kinda don't like origin stories as a general rule.

"But the fact, heroism isn't what power you wield, it's what strenght you have in your head and heart. that's what makes a good fighter..a good soldier...and especially a good superhero."

i can't believe this is the same man that wrote cry for justice

• a little muffled

Neither The Incredible Hulk nor Thor is an origin story though.

Nor is Iron Man 2

I'd argue that Thor is an origin story albeit it's not about how Thor got his powers, but about how Thor came to Earth and learned how not to be a dick 101. 

As for Hulk and Iron Man 2...eh, I kinda was burned out of the first Hulk and heard the sequel wasn't that good and I don't even remember where the fuck I was when Iron Man 2 was released. 

But it has Tim Roth! And the Abomination and Hulk have a decent fight!

hurm. i guess i'll check it out. *shrug*

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Personally, I hated the first Hulk and loved the newer one.

Though that might just be my mancrush on Ed Norton.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

• Trying to get critique on my writing is difficult, because I always worry my friends are just trying to spare my feelings xD

So, issue 51 has Jack Knight meet Jor-El. I kinda wish there were more stories with him being something more than space ash now. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

On the subject of being a nerd, I feel bad that Name of The Wind isn't sucking me in like people said it would. I've had it for about a week and I'm still only 200 pages in.

i am slowly disowning more and more people here

Don't get me wrong. It's good. It's just not the orgasmic experience I've heard people describe it as.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

disowned

More seriously, it has its' flaws. However, it's engaging. It's a great personal tale; it's building up a legend around the character, but it's also letting us see who the character is outside of the legend.

The first section, with his travelling with the Edema Ruh and then his time as a street urchin, is the most boring part, I will admit. Once he gets to the University, things pick up. He meets Denna, he gets his first Name, and he starts actually struggling to survive.

Sounds good. Admittedly, I've been kind of preoccupied with other stuff at the moment.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay, I just got back from the Avengers and it was...okay overall. Though I liked the Hulk's moments better than most.

• edited 2012-05-09 18:56:39
    Has friends besides tanks now
    What the hell am I reading?

http://boards.4chan.org/adv/res/9854719

(Formally putting a NSFW warning here, but come on, it's 4chan)
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

someone should tell that guy the vagina is one of the least sexually sensitive parts of the body

Okay, I just got back from the Avengers and it was...okay overall. 

quoth novamon

i am slowly disowning more and more people here

Liveblogging Van Helsing on my tumblr because why not.

• What's the name of the Tumblr? I think there was link to it, but I missed it.

cosmichumor.tumblr.com

Thank you, bro.

no worries, worst enemy friendly acquaintance.