If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-05-08 16:38:04
    Has friends besides tanks now

I know the grading system they use, dude. I'm saying I'm still worried.

On the plus side, each exam's only an hour and a half long, as opposed to the three hours for each other test.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Sorry, I just wasn't sure if you knew how heavily curved it was >.>

• edited 2012-05-08 16:47:57

Well, I'm not nearly as worried about the Mechanics part, honestly. I mean, I got 17/35 on the practice multiple choice packet he gave us a little while ago, but now that he gave us the answer sheet, I actually know what I did wrong, and it was the first time I'd done any of that sort of thing since the end of second quarter. But I don't remember a fair portion of what we apparently learned more recently. I don't really know what most of the laws are, so I'm probably gonna have to hit the textbook again, since I can't take notes for shit when I'm sleepy (and part of why I get sleepy is more likely that the teacher's your typical dull old dude; once the mystique of his lack of a right hand wears off, you find that he has trouble keeping it interesting). -sigh-

I'm guessing you got a 5 on both parts?

But now I have to go to work, so I guess I'll study later? I still need to study for Stats, too; get myself steeled up for the stupid amount of busywork in that exam.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah. >.>

Though my teacher was really good, and the entire class was pretty much based around the test (which the teacher knew really well. At one point, he said "here's a really complicated thing you're supposed to know, and I'm positive it'll be on the test this year, but it'll only be worth one point, so you shouldn't bother learning it. Check the textbook if you really must know." And he was right).

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

There was a Metallica concert in Belgrade this evening (they were performing the entire Black album!), but I didn't have the money to go... :(

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm starting up my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles liveblog on Tumblr. Those of you following me, come and join in the fun!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    What's your tumblr?
  • You can change. You can.

Define "fun".

well, i guess that your documented suffering is fun. For us.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Malk: follow'd
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Alright, I'm going to watch Avengers tomorrow. Do I need to have watched Thor to understand everything?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

From what I've heard, there are a couple of things that hint to Thor, The Incredible Hulk and the two Iron Man movies, but that the movie will still be perfectly clear if you haven't watched them.

• edited 2012-05-08 19:24:02
    a little muffled

You might find a few things slightly confusing (primarily, Thor and Loki don't really get proper introductions) but overall it should make enough sense without it.

The main thing from Thor you should know to provide context is that at the end, Loki falls into the abyss and Thor feels guilty about this.

Not really. All you need to know from watching Thor is that Thor learned to be a good person, Loki was exiled from Asgard and that's pretty much it, really.

Just finished my TMNT liveblog. If you go on my tumblr and read it now, you can pretend you're Merlin.

what if i don't wanna pretend i'm merlin, you jerk :|

Well then you should have followed me in real time.

what if i sorta kinda did

Well then you now know my opinions on a toy driven movie from 1990.

I am clearly enlightened. Bless you, Dalai Malk.

• I feel compelled to mention that a good reason why the AvP movies are so tacky is because of the massive fanbases that both franchises possess.

In trying to please both markets, they couldn't make one side clearly win over the other, and pleased no-one.
  • Read the first volume of Planetary.

Now if only "mystery archaeologist" was a thing one could actually be.
  • edited 2012-05-08 20:12:38
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

In U.S. presidential election news: Mitt Romney just won the Indiana Republican primary.  And North Carolina too.

In other news: No one cares.

• edited 2012-05-08 20:15:44

Well, I guess today was relatively productive. I studied a bit more for the Physics exam, I completed Taokaka and Tager's stories on BlazBlue, I changed my name and password on SA, I worked, and I successfully performed a mental calculation of 9^9, starting from 9^4, which I already knew, while I was there.

I should study more, though, so I'll have to check out Malk's tumblr post some other time.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does anyone else vet screen-names for possible unwanted meanings or associations before choosing them?

• Has friends besides tanks now

If by "unwanted associations", you mean "unwanted symbol of a worse, past personality", then that's not very well something you would prepare for at the time of adopting a username that you'll later regret. I keep it here because it would be too weird not to be Everest here, but I'm going to go by something else everywhere else that I think I'll be.

• Applications have been sent out. Gonna aim for board functions that come with reimbursement, since medicine testing won't pay all the bills.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Has anyone else here seen The Gods Must Be Crazy? We started watching it in English today, and it's actually pretty entertaining so far.

Read the first volume of Planetary.

Now if only "mystery archaeologist" was a thing one could actually be.

well, i figure you can be. it's just that every academic circle would call you a conspiracy nut

also keikaku doori~

• edited 2012-05-08 21:32:27
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^ Oooh, my mom showed me that movie once. Apparently, it was something of an underground classic during the 80s. I quite liked it.