If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• They have Top Gear, which overrides pretty much every other show on the planet.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    IJBM: Trying to get my sister into Moral Orel just to realize it hasn't been dubbed and there aren't subs of it anywhere on the Internet
  • You can change. You can.
    They have Top Gear, which overrides pretty much every other show on the planet.

one day

i'll understand the appeal of guys talking about cars

one day
  • Maybe you should watch the show.
  • I don't see the appeal of that either...I just find the hosts amusing.
    Maybe you should watch the show.

lol, you actually think that judging a show based on mistaken first impressions is not the right way of judging a show.

u so funneh
  • Oh good, that means I can legitimately say that I thought Cowboy Bebop was shit ^_^

Thanks Juannie!
    Bebop is...meh. Overrated, at least.
  • At long last, I feel justified.
  • edited 2011-10-22 19:31:57
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I think Teen Titans was really good as a contemporary reflection of teenage superhero-era stuff. I'm alone in this, but I really dug the art style because they actually looked like teenagers rather than twenty-somethings pretending to be teenagers.

Also, with a few exceptions Young Justice has just kind of had dull conflicts.

Oh wait. Zatanna's in this episode. Attention has gone up.
  • edited 2011-10-22 20:41:15
    Oww...my ears. So we can put singing on the list of things most (because 1 out of the 2 politicians I've heard sing clearly constitutes a majority) Australian politicians can't do, right next to telling the truth, paying attention to the public and acting like adults...
  • edited 2011-10-22 20:48:22
    Well, I've spent far too much time on Forsaken World. Time to exercise some force of will and stop wasting so much time on it.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'm very tired and for a second read that you spend too much time on Foreskin World.
    :s
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'm not even tired and I read it like that at first. And I didn't even do a double take, only checking when I read your comment

It's worrying if the phrase 'Foreskin World' is normal to me
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Well, that Young Justice episode was fun. It could have use way more Zatanna, though.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Been reading 999. Really enjoying it so far.
  • HOMM V, why are you so bad?! ):
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    God damn. Doctor Strange: Into Shamballa is fucking beautiful.
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:11:48

There was one time where I got a watchlist notification that a course is now open, and it was only four minutes since the e-mail. So I decided to check, and lo and behold, the course is full again.

Four freaking minutes. Who checks their email every waking second to snatch it away so quickly?

• edited 2011-10-22 23:15:26
    a little muffled
    Could just be that someone else was in the same situation as you except they happened to check their email a minute earlier.
  • I guess that would be the rational explanation, but I'm still annoyed at how useless the watchlist is.
  • I find it funny that only a few months ago we (generally speaking) used to be rather level-headed with whatever issues we had with TV Tropes and/or Fast Eddie, and they didn't tend to extend to the site as a whole, even going as far as there being a TV Tropes fixing spree.
  • Didn't that happen after English Ivy complained about the site becoming like Etsy? All things considered, it was a mature way of handling the situation.

Anyways, I hope this will all blow over by tomorrow, but if it doesn't, I'll have to consider taking a break.

• Bleh...was really pumped to record some stuff for an LP I'm doing...energy...fading...apparently my bedroom light + 28 degrees outside is enough to make it too hot to do anything...good to know.
  • ^^ I'd guess it was because they felt more hopeful due to the Troper Tales'
    deletion discussion (they both went on at around the same time).
  • edited 2011-10-23 00:44:54
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Dammit dammit dammit

I pretty much have a week to read Paradise Lost and write an essay on it. And I'm not quite done with the first book. I'm quite enjoying it so far, though.

G'night.
  • ^Poetry is the easiest thing to write essays on. Read a summary,  then close-read a few relevant sections, and it's a topic that's easy to find secondary sources on even without needing a uni library connection.

How many words/pages?

• Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Well, I still plan to read the whole thing, since I like the writing and the story though I'll read a summary of each book after to make sure I'm not misinterpreting anything). But the essay itself should only be 2-3 pages long or something. I don't remember him saying how much, but I can ask him next class.
  • That's managable. Do you have to focus on an aspect of the poem or write a general interpretation of the entire thing?