If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• wouldn't that just be zorro with random bat-ness
  • edited 2016-09-22 15:08:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Naas_Human wrote: »
    wouldn't that just be zorro with random bat-ness

no, zorro is a fox [/snerk]
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Batman is just Zorro with more gothic influence.
  • edited 2016-09-22 15:29:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    vandro wrote: »

considering that zorro predates batman by 20 years...pwned, @Naas_Human
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So apparently pierogies are basically the same as Chinese dumplings, but just with different filling.  Same method of preparation, even.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    There was some story they were spread by the Mongols. Dunno if true.

Also, Wikipedia tells me Batman is an Australian national hero.
  • edited 2016-09-22 16:52:20
    vandro wrote: »

considering that zorro predates batman by 20 years...pwned, @Naas_Human

I'm quite sure both are rather obvious things, especially considering Zorro is part of Batman's backstory a lot of the time.
    @lrdgck - speaking of Poland, do you recognize this song, and if so, what is it?  I remember finding it once but now I've forgotten what it's called.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s02QsrNFTBUM
  • edited 2016-09-22 17:39:22
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I recognize the style, if that makes sense. Sounds like an old soldiers' song. World Wars era (presumably the Second). They had that style. I remember you asking me for "Droga do Warszawy", but if it's this one again, then the speed or whatever was changed enough for me not to recognize it.

(edit: doesn't strike me as the obvious "canon" of state holidays at school, and I have not studied the topic much.)

The alternate option would be that it is a theme from some film or TV series, made to sound like an old soldiers' song. But if so, then tough luck. Concerning patriotic songs, at least you can look for them directly without looking for whichever show they appeared in.

BTW you have a weirdly appealing singing voice, no homo.
  • There is a Mexican Batman. Although his name is apparently The Cowboy. 
  • A little while ago I was reading a TPB of Batman and Catwoman stories by Darwyn Cooke, which included "Ego". "Ego" includes some flashbacks to Bruce as a child, and shows that he was a big Zorro fan as a boy.
  • I find that the more my popularity rises, the more I receive threats, sexual harassment, stalkers, and haters. The only solution is to not engage with them. Also I love my bf.
    @lrdgck It's Droga do Warsawy again; sorry about that.
  • @KilgoreTrout

It's generally agreed in most continuities that the movie the Waynes went to see was a Zorro flick. 
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I like to think that somewhere, there is a Batman elseworld where Bruce Wayne became an anti-Zorro activist.
  • Sorry to hear that, Ray.

@Irdgck: Would it be like that "Fortunate Son" story where Batman was going on about the evils of rock music, except this time it would be the evils of Zorro movies?
    was listening to a spanish language radio station last night

some guy turned it into...a numbers station lol

well, numbers and the local currency

unfortunately i couldn't make out what was going on because i suck

but he was saying things in odd patterns, like repeating "twenty-six" (in spanish) a whole bunch of times

the local currency mention was probably using it as a unit, but i couldn't make out any more
    Apparently, there are places in the world where Anus, Wolf and Bitsch can all live in the same building. Although it would make more sense if Wolf and Bitsch were a couple. On the other hand you gotta admit Anus had to have a rough childhood.
    Poás Volcano.  Another of the large volcanoes visible from the Central Valley, Poás is most easily accessible from the city of Alajuela.  Its accessibility made it one of Costa Rica's earliest tourist attractions and later one of its most popular national parks, despite the fact that the volcano is still active and the park must sometimes be closed when the crater emits more than the usual amount of steam and gases.

Pool's closed.  AIDS.  Volcano's closed.  Excess gas.
  • The last month has been pretty rough for me. >>; I don't think I'll ever find a good job, and being a popular female on twitch (but not popular enough to rake in the big bucks) means that there is a lot of hate and jealousy directed at me. At least I have some positive relationships. Even though I get lonely. Drinking is a bad habit but I keep doing it. Oh well. I'm a magical girl, which is all I really wanted.
    Depends on the kind of drinking that you do.
  • The kind that causes me to get wild and sloppy. :)
    If you are getting wild and sloppy in front of a mirror, that ain't good. Otherwise should be manageable.
  • I mean, I embarrass myself in front of people. Mostly people I think are shitty. So. Whatever, drinking is fun.
  • I wanna see my bf more but I think he likes to keep me at a distance. Rip.
    Kinda cold of him.

But you know, try not to get wasted too often. Not good for health/repute/whatever/any of the above (take your pick), stuff like that. The way you describe it, it sounds a bit like we could afford to be mildly concerned.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Become a social drinker, be very social. 

In all seriousness, never keeping booze in your home (only bringing it out on special occassions) is a good compromise if you're in the functional addict stage.  
    Yo @Serocco, stay safe.

All our windows are shuttered up.  Well almost all of them.  The wind's beginning to pick up ish right now.
    so there's a hurricane headed this way

seems like it's gonna graze us here in broward county and then hit palm beach county and northward on the florida east coast

the best part is that it might loop back out to the atlantic in a few days and then loop back at south florida for a second round

dunno what to feel about this other than "lol"
    if i were better and/or less lazy with graphics, I would make an edit of that storm path animation with it looping back, with it saying "because fuck you" the first time it hits Florida, and then as it loops back, "because lol"