If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

We don't have a general music thread?

Also, I am curious to hear out dangit and dagnabbit. You know, since they're already sound files...

• edited 2015-08-12 05:04:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Los Números son antagonistas del tercera temporada de Niña Mágica Lírica Nánoha, que se llama "StrikerS".

Also I should probably stop worrying about tuteo vs. voseo before I learn how to conjugate for usted, which is apparently erring on the side of being just stodgily formal rather than insultingly casual.

• The conjugation for usted is the same as el/ella, so it shouldn't be too troublesome.
    And I'd suggest bothering with tuteo only, it's the most widespread one, used almost everywhere in writing, considered standard, etc.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Meanwhile in Poland: I've been told some British guy tried to rob a bank in Warsaw. Brought along two sheets of paper. One of them read, "it's a robbery. I've got a gun." The other had a drawing of a gun.

The clerk told him, if he wants to bother her so much, he'd better join the queue.

He did.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That reminds me of that one time that a guy got caught plowing through a red light by a red light camera, and the police sent him a picture of his license plate and a ticket billed to him.

He sent the police a picture of the appropriate amount of money.

The police responded by sending him a picture of handcuffs.

Sorry for the change of mood but I need to share something with you guys. I was just drawing some doodles. Wanted to draw a man's profile. You know, a contour of a face. 

It looked like Hitler.

It totally looked like fucking Hitler. I mean, I could not bring myself to think I didn't just accidentally draw a profile of Hitler. I had to crumple the paper and get rid of it as soon as I can. The impression is washing off by now.

I'm fucked up.

• Hitlarious that you set the bar for fucked up so low. I was drawing Hitlers in primary school and still turned out fine(in the looks if not the personality department). 
    But that was an accidental Hitler. I wouldn't bother bringing up Hitlers I drew while intending to draw Hitler.
  • I was not intending to draw Hitler, technically. I just knew funny mustache man made the teachers upset. 
  • Don't worry, I once made a barbecue in which I cooked the meat all the way through. That's worth at least 10 Hitlers.
    I was going to additionally and unrelatedly post https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror_(game) but it seems that what you posted is a much more...interesting page, shall we say.
  • edited 2015-08-20 09:57:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »

damnit i should not have checked this at night

now to file these ideas into "stuff to put into a Castlevania game"
    Fun fact: I logged in to TVT to send a private message, as the title put the code for one of the smileys. Figured it would show the title as "[code]", if not the smiley itself, but then the weird happens: I enter my message box - I always do that after sending something, mostly to check if it's recorded - and the message has no title at all. Since the title is the link to the message, I could not reach it. The receiver should be able to read it on the first time, but not on the next.
    You can tab to where it should be, from highlighting the link just to the left/above it, and press enter.
    Ah yes, sounds like it can work. You speak from experience or h4xx0r 5k!11z?
    Experience.  Well, the first time it was h4xx0r 5k!11z because I realized I could tab through all the links, at least in standard browsers.

Funnily enough, I've just found out I can access the message the old way after all. The catch is that the linking field is like a single space, so you need to look for it.

By the way, because I like spooky stories: which bothered you the most, of all these individual human skulls? 

I haven't looked at all of them, basically skipping over all the ones linked to a specific name, but of the others, the Starchild skull is probably the creepiest due to the way it looks, despite having a perfectly reasonable medical explanation.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Just got back from "La Feria Internacional del Libro". and got some books

1. A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin.
    2. The Aleph, Jorge Luis Borges.
    3. The Prince, Machiavelli
    4. The Social Contract, Jean Jaques Roussau.
    5. On Liberty, John Stuart Mill.
    It was cool.
  • >Reading Rousseau
    >Not reading the GOAT contractualist John Locke.
  • I have to rate artsy shorts for a film festival, and my hipster instincts are in full gear. Halp. 
    I have to rate artsy shorts for a film festival, and my hipster instincts are in full gear. Halp. 

Rate things on a scale of annoyance, where
    5 = you're okay with this
    4 = you don't like this, but you'd have to begrudgingly pass the student if you were a film teacher
    3 = "see me after class"
    2 = you want the school to arrange a meeting with the student's parents
    1 = you want to call the police
  • It's pass or no pass with some commentary as to why. So far the material is pretty good to meh, with one overkill black-white random speed-up/slow-down thing standing out as hilariously pretentious. 

I hope at least one is some trippy shit like a cross between the ending to Space Odyssey and Tetsuo. Or just simply trippy. Come on. The crazy does not need to come in full-length form. Just one student to have a taste for splatter-horror, or cheesy action flicks, or mind screw. Do I ask for that much?

Also, I have found some weird piece of local troll-rap that would fit squarely into our weird movie thread, except rap has the problem that lyrics matter, so I just mention it in here.

• edited 2015-09-01 11:39:55
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Arachno-communism is a system of political and economic government where the people are governed freely and fairly by giant spiders. Though arachno-communism has never been successfully put into practice, it has been portrayed in several successful and unsuccessful films, such as Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 2; the documentaries Arachnophobia and Eight-Legged Freaks

--edit--

Any of you guys follows Fuck No TV Tropes on tumblr? I have a vague impression I already saw some of the tumblr handles showing up in there.

Words I don't use often:
    * drivel
    * pretentious
    * cliché