If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ *...*

I hate everything.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm not sure whether the internet has made things worse by giving people the ability to do things like this, or made things better by exposing just how low humanity can go, and letting these things air in public in a place where more observers actually see and can react against these sorts of things.

• I'm more interested in whether there is a solution, or if this is only a symptom of an increasingly larger problem, like a snowball that threatens to crush whatever hopes people have left of online social media.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Meanwhile in Poland: a local prosecutor declared he sees nothing wrong in painting swastikas on the walls. After all, they're an ancient good luck symbol.

• He Hindu or Buddhist?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Hey, guys, a good acquaintance of mine is trying to create a gaming social network, but he needs cash to buy a server.

He has set up a page for the project on IndieGoGo, so if you find the idea appealing, please donate a bit of cash. :) There are rewards for each donation.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Kraken: I very much doubt so. I'm also pretty sure those who do paint them, are hardly either. 

Although, I am told they do happen to be around. A friend of my friend is allegedly a Buddhist. All of her flatmates are fed up with her, given her habit of banging on a gong in the morning. I somehow think it's not really in the doctrine.

• Forcibly convert yourself into a dudebro: http://fratmusic.com/

There's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz lifestyle vs. religion.

• >tease bro from neighbouring Christian village about them all being inbreds

>turns out they're so inbred they have a disease named after them: Hereditary Cerebral Hemorrhage with Amyloidosis, Dutch Type or 'Katwijkse ziekte'.

Welp, that became awkward real fast.

Make up by offering some free DNA infusion.

^ i admit i lol'd

• I did, problem is that the dude can't get pregnant, and this let into a discussion of how painful it would be to push a baby through the urethra. Thanks for nothing, IJBM!

In other news, pissing in a jar while dragging along two monitoring installations by cannulas in your wrists has got to be one of the most complex manouevres I've ever performed.

• Gah, I hate thunderstorms in the middle of the day. 

• Free festival season is go. Have some Hoffmaestro(because it was more memorable than Bob Geldoff, Sinead O'Connor and Dexys):

• edited 2013-07-03 20:07:25

Man, looking at all the shit that's been going on in Egypt and Brazil makes me jelly.

Edit: By the way, Egyptian president Mursi has been ousted.

• How's it looking over there? I keep hearing military coup vs democratically elected leader, but I think various news agencies are biased towards one or the other, and I would like to hear it from someone who's seeing it unfold.

• edited 2013-07-04 08:22:18

Ehh, I'm not really watching it unfold all that much either, but Mursi has been trying to pull strings and stuff to get comfy in power, and they just plain don't like him, so...

• edited 2013-07-04 14:08:11
    a little muffled

Yeah, "military coup vs democratically elected leader" is strictly speaking entirely accurate but not perhaps the most fair description. Morsi was a very unpopular leader for much of his time in power (especially recently) and during his time in office did an awful lot of pretty sketchy things to try and solidify the Muslim Brotherhood's long-term control of Egypt. And it's not as though the army are kicking him out and putting their own guy in power (as would typically be expected from the term "military coup") but instead are holding another election.

None of that means that what the army did was right, of course. This is still pretty blatantly a violation of democratic principles. Clearly the army's actions have a lot of popular support, but setting the precedent that the president rules only at the will of unelected military officials cannot be good for the future of democracy in Egypt.

• Hopefully the next prez will make all this unnecessary.

Also, I hope this doesn't push oil prices upwards too much. The earlier Venezuela's economy crumbles, the better. 

• Happy Birthday, US!

• >party of chan peeps

>suit up as a fedorabeard because why not

>pose as euphoric lolbertarian MRA

>brings the real deal out of the woodwork

I'm disappointed yet pleased.

• edited 2013-07-06 22:11:31
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

INSANITYADDICT IS SPY

tf2 heavy

• So apparently Putin's daughter lives in the neighbouring village. Local newspaper article narrows the location down to the fucking neighbourhood and hints at a blank nameplate next to the doorbell. Great job on the safety front, guys. 

• With Beyond the Revolution on and functioning through its second update I recommend people come over and enjoy this geopolitical forum game for great justice! :D

• a little muffled

My smoke alarm is low on batteries. It insists on reminding the world of this every five minutes or so. It is nearly 1 AM.

This is going to be a fun day at school tomorrow.

• I take it buying a new battery for the sake of your sanity is out of the question?

• Toss the batteries out of it until tomorrow. Better burn than sleep bad. 

• a little muffled

@CentralAvenue:

I take it buying a new battery for the sake of your sanity is out of the question?
    All the nearby 24-hour stores are a bit of a walk (in different directions), and I have no idea if any of them even sells 9-volts.

@InsanityAddict:

Toss the batteries out of it until tomorrow. Better burn than sleep bad.
    Taking the batteries out wouldn't have helped, since the thing runs on mains power and just has the battery as a backup. I could have disconnected it entirely, but it wouldn't have been easy. I probably would've tried to do it, but my brother sleeps on the same floor, and he wasn't okay with the idea.

In any case, the thing did shut up about half an hour after I posted, but then a couple hours later one of the other ones started doing it. (Further away from my room, but still audible enough to make it hard to sleep.) I got a good hour of sleep in between, all told.