If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I had Father's Day mentioned right in front of me when my landlady mentioned it to our next-door neighbor.  And I forgot to wish him a happy Father's Day.  Derp.

Also, I added too much water just now so I ended up cooking instead of stir-frying these onions and peppers.  Oops.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

So now I can legally vote and drive without an adult in the car starting today, yaaay.

Happy birthday!  And congrats on gaining your right to vote!

How does voting work in your country?  Do you get a choice of whether to vote, or are you obligated to vote in every available election (or just some of them)?

You have the choice to vote or not, but I don't think I'm actually going to do it until I'm older (and in the case of presidential elections, until I'm sure the ANC isn't just going to win anyways).

• edited 2013-06-18 09:37:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ From my experience, every vote counts, and you never know when close elections come up.

@Stormtroper: Thanks!

@glennmagusharvey: But they never do... To be fair though, we've only had four entire presidential elections.

• Even if your candidate doesn't win, it gives more weight to your candidate. And hey, I bet nobody expected the new Iranian guy to win either.

But a bunch of important people endorsed him (Okay, not the Supreme Leader, but lots of other people).

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

...And I am now pretty much finished with high school, barring a day of really short classes for signing yearbooks and a provincial exam on Thursday. Gotta say, these last few months have been... underwhelming. You start expecting some big finale, but the whole thing just sorta slowly grinds to a halt.

Well, for starters, the Supreme Leader can go...politely excuse himself, if you know what I mean.

But I'm thinking about all the elected offices below the presidency.  We have tons of them here in the United States, and I would think that it's similar in other places.  I mean, positions like governor, mayor, attorney general, town clerk, city council member, member of parliament, state senator, etc..

Because it's THESE people who make the real differences, especially in domestic policy.  Not the figureheads on top.

And their races get fewer votes, which means the margins are smaller.  Even smaller when you're talking about state/provincial legislature districts or towns/cities/counties/boroughs/parishes/etc..

Well, I am planning to vote in Provincial/Local elections at some point, just not yet.

• Say, do we have a Smash Bros. thread here? Our search engine is kind of ass. I was thinking of bumping it or making a new one.

• Not really. Was looking for a more General Smash Bros. thread anyways.

TIME TO MAKE ZE THREAD THEN.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Thought of the day: Hittite mythology had some crazy shit.

I still insist that girls are most attractive wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

Maybe a tank top instead of the t-shirt.  Sometimes.  Maybe.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So it was like, Alalu was the big guy, and Anu his servant. After a while he got pissed with all the serving food and shit and he overthrew the dude, took his place, while Kummarbi found himself in Anu's old boots. As you can guess, he wasn't any less pissed with serving food and stuff, not to mention being of some relation to Alalu, so he decided to continue the tradition of ditching your boss.

Anu tried to run away, but Kummarbi kept up enough to fucking CHEW his balls OFF, picture that, Anu got away but Kummarbi chewed his balls off, but no, it won't be so easy, now Anu is all like, Just As Planned, "trolololo, have fun gulping all of my jizz!". So you can guess Kummarbi had quite an "oh shit" moment, he spat out what he still had in his mouth, but no, not having to spend the next nine months being the hero of a shitty fanfic would be too easy. So was Teshub the storm god, the new head of the pantheon, born.

Since it's a given Anu didn't exactly miss the opportunity to laugh at him through all of that, you can guess a man can get pretty pissed, so Kummarbi isn't really surprising when he decided to take revenge on the Chestburster Guy. So one day he flew past a rock, and he was like, this rock looks darn cute, so he fucked the shit of that rock. Fifteen times in row. The mountain gave birth to Rocky Ullikummi, who grew quickly under the tutelage of Hittite precursor to Atlas, and when he was big enough he proceeded to Eye of the Tiger the shit out of all the gods. Since all of their Ivan Dragos couldn't stop Ullikummi, they sent their resident chick to look for solutions in the underworld, where she found the Atlas guy. So, she asked if he knew anything. Atlas shrugged, but he had a dagger stabbed into his arm, and that shit was the source of Ullikummi's power. She and the other gods broke out the saw they once used to separate sky from the Earth (good thing they kept it, eh?) and sawed off the thing, and Ullikummi suddenly found out he should rather stick to running up and down the stairs. 

Thus has the order returned to the world. 

• edited 2013-06-21 09:34:32
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I wonder how many gods in ancient mythology were born out of genital mutilation.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Also apparently some guy on /sp/ bet 50£ yesterday that Spain would win 11-0 against Tahiti.

Damn..

To make things clear, it should be mentioned it's more of a Hurrian myth than Hittite. The Hittites were pretty keen on religious syncretism.

• So, I was like watching people be terrible on my tumblr dash today

Like, this one guy said that you can't be racist against white people

and this one girl said that white women can't be raped

and this other guy said that white people have no cultures

and I was like 

"Fuck you, I'm playing Doom."

You know who you can't be racist against?

Turquoise people.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Fuck you, melanin-based scum!

Check your privilege!

• Shooping Ebaumsworld watermarks on 9gag pics: because having a life is for dweebs.

• So I found this on my dash.

Man, at this point I'm seriously considering leaving Tumblr.

• I'd say block the maggot, turn off anon asks(because that type of creature always has a tribe of sycophants who will spam you with moar suicide encouragement) and to not engage the SJWs, especially if your Tumblr has info which makes you easily doxxable.

• No, that wasn't me. That was a 9-year-old girl.