If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-12-30 03:19:16
    I'm a damn twisted person

It is decided. The fate of the forum will be determined with a

SPACE JAM!

• Does space robot JAAM count?

jaaaaaaam

• edited 2012-12-30 06:54:53

This is confusing.

So anyway I went to see The Hobbit and Wreck-It Ralph. Both were really good and I had a lot of fun. 

The Hobbit was a bit weird because it had two tones; the adventure proper (which is a humorous, pretty thrilling ride with all kinds of funny things, even when it was grim), and the appendix stuff, which had a weird tone. And it had great perfomances; Martin Freeman really sells the idea of the ordinary guy doing crazy stuff because it's there, Ian McKellan is hilarious both as trolling and scared schoolboy Gandalf, and you can really believe Richard Armitage as the prideful but heroic Thorin Oakenshield. Also the Goblin King steals the show with his beard of fat flesh and his marvelous voice.

As to Wreck-It Ralph, it's my new favorite movie of all time. As far as I can see, it's about four things; prejudice, how damaging a bad reputation can be, finding one's worth, and being Missingno. And it's cast to utterperfection, because every voice in this movie I cannot think of someone else to take it and do just as good a job or better.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, last night I told someone I wouldn't call in sick because of a cold.

The cold took that as a challenge.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Tylenol, coffee, and willpower?

Nah, I called in sick.

Tomorrow, though, I'm definitely not. Nobody's going to want to pick up my shift on New Year's Eve.

• You know what I don't understand? "No Parking during Snow Emergency."

I get that you wouldn't want a bunch of cars along the street while you're plowing and such, but...where exactly are the cars supposed to go? It's not like snow makes people suddenly stop having cars that need parked.

If Alabama is any indication, the number of functioning cars drops off dramatically whenever it snows.

• Well, like, my car is one of three or four (depending on the week) at my family's house, so I tend to park on the street unless I know one of my parents is going to be gone a long time.

If we had parking restrictions on this street, I'd be screwed, because there's no room in the garage or driveway for my car.

• edited 2012-12-30 17:03:18

Granted, I guess the strictly "legal" alternative would be to find parking on a street free of restrictions and walk several blocks to my home in the snow and ice.

But fuck that noise.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't see how noise is eminently fuckable.

Anyway I think that the number of functional cars does not drop that much when it snows, but the number of functional drivers does.

the number of functional cars does not drop that much when it snows

It does in Alabama. Very quickly. If you drive down a major road here after it's snowed, both sides will pretty much be lined with wrecks.

Oh, wait, you're right.  It drops after and as a result of the drop in the number of functional drivers.

^^When I lived in Missouri schools would shut down if more than 3 inches of snow fell. Good to know that people get increasingly freaked out by snow as you go south.

Die, imposter!  You don't belong on this forum!

Thoughts?  You steal users' sanity, and make them waste their time with you!

Your posts are as pointless as your purpose.  IJBM ill needs a thread such as you!

• No rainbow star

Well, I just finished watching the dubbed episodes of xxxHolic (not the movie though as the quality I found sucked)

Only to find out that the other seasons were never dubbed :<

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, that's okay, that show sucks.

• I'm from the frigid midwest, so I always found it amusing how the South essentially shuts down whenever there's a snowstorm.

Not that we wouldn't want to shut down for every little bit of snow--people here suck at winter driving as much as anyone else--but that would essentially mean staying in our homes all winter.

...actually, maybe bears have the right idea with that whole "hibernation" thing.

• I'm a damn twisted person

People - stop what you are doing right now and read One Piece. Right fucking now. Do it do it do it do it do it. 

• You can change. You can.

what if no huh

what if that

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

no fuck you

why would i do that

i already read one mediocre shonen, why would i read another more nonsensical one even if it's slightly better

^^^Yeah su-

>Hasn't read since 2009

>150+ chapters to read

Uhhh

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

i already read one mediocre shonen, why would i read another more nonsensical one even if it's slightly better

• There is love everywhere, I already know

People - stop what you are doing right now and read One Piece.

I watched fifty episodes of that and found it kiiiiinda boring, so no.

Also, I already read Naruto and sometimes Bleach and I have to deal with Sword Art Online later.

Anyway.

Kind of pissed at my brother now. He woke me up today to ask if he could borrow $8. I asked him why, and he told me it was for a kebab, as he was going out with his friends. I handed him a 20, and he promised to give me the change.

When he got home, I asked him for the change, and he told me he didn't have any.

I'm kind of annoyed because I gave him the money on the understanding that he'd spend eight dollars of it. The rest of the money, I was planning on spending on the new Wheel of Time book when it's released in a bit over a week.

Instead, I'm now $20 short.

• edited 2012-12-31 00:54:15
    I'm a damn twisted person

Nova - BECAUSE ADVENTURE! BECAUSE NONSENSE AND WONDER! BECAUSE HOLY FUCK THOSE BACKGROUNDS! BECAUSE PEOPLE CRY LIKE GODDAMN BLUBBERING PANSIES ALL THE TIME AND THERE ARE WATERWORKS AND SNOT AND THEY LOOK LIKE FUCKING MESSES WHEN THEY CRY!

Seriously, I'd say it's pretty darn fun shonen. Like if I could I would slap past!me and tell him to ditch Naruto and Bleach and grab One Piece instead. And probably read more superhero shit. Then again, that would mean subjecting past!me to Civil War and Infinite Crisis real time. 

Granted it takes the right frame of mind, that yearning for Silver Age craziness and balls to the wall action and slapstick. 

Juan - then you will never know what things would be like if Reed Richards was an idiot and a pirate. 

BECAUSE ADVENTURE! BECAUSE NONSENSE AND WONDER!

But that's like... a thing I don't particularly like in a story.

Seriously, I'd say it's pretty darn fun shonen.

if someone wants a fun shonen, I'd be more likely to recommend Fairy Tail than One Piece.

• You can change. You can.

Juan - then you will never know what things would be like if Reed Richards was an idiot and a pirate.

I am sure there's a What If that answers that question out there.