If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

At the very least, Beholderess doesn't belong in that category.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    IJBM: when the forum is dead during my break.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Then make a new thread >:(

I don't have enough time left T_T
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Then you should have made one earlier >:(

• edited 2012-12-01 22:59:42
    Definitely not gay.

You guys sleep for more than 6-5 hours?

Wimps.

I would much rather have relative inactivity than having most of those people around.

I don't think Vorpy and TMA should be stuck in the same category as tnu and Chagen. TMA was childish, yeah, but at least he wasn't a douchebag like Chagen.

I didn't always.

I try to get at least 7 these days because fatigue is really, really bad for me.

• Definitely not gay.

I get my REM sleep in like 5 hours because of multiple experiments in caffeine.

I'm fairly sure your body requires more than five hours of sleep to function properly, even if your mind does not feel fatigued from it.

• Definitely not gay.

I dunno, I feel pretty fine most of the time.

It's rare that people require less than seven, let alone five.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Before the past night day, I had just four hours of sleep or less, for four nights in a row.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^The human body is capable of getting used to lots of things. It's certainly possible to get used to only 5 hours of sleep, not exactly healthy, but possible.

I know it's possible, but fatigue builds up and damages your body over the long run. Which is what I have been saying, and why I said 'require' in that sentence, rather than 'can function on'.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Anything less than eight hours of sleep in a twenty-four hour cycle is definitely unhealthy in the long run. I'd encourage everyone to shoot for at least that much. Not always possible, of course, but something to be aware of. 

No, many adults require only seven, Alex.

There is, unfortunately, no magic number in terms of how much sleep people require.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You can control for error, though, which is the point. Getting eight hours ensures that you pass all the statistically significant thresholds and get at least two complete sleep cycles. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

TMA was childish, yeah

You must not have been around for his little "social experiment." I would absolutely put him closer to tnu and Chagen than Beholderess.

It's certainly possible to get used to only 5 hours of sleep, not exactly healthy, but possible.

Eiichiro Oda apparently runs on three hours. I mean, it's not healthy, but it's possible to adapt to pretty extreme hours.

• You must not have been around for his little "social experiment." I would absolutely put him closer to tnu and Chagen than Beholderess.

Care to elaborate?

• edited 2012-12-02 01:03:13
    Has friends besides tanks now

I wish I knew an easy way to find what he said, exactly, but for a while, he was running around as another user (PrincessApricot), but at some point, we did an IP check and found that TMA shared an IP with PrincessApricot, or they had similar IPs, and we noticed that their posting styles were the same, so we confronted him about it, and then he got into this whole spiel about how he was actually running a whole bunch of sockpuppets, and that this was the one that was easy to detect, because he wanted us to figure out that it was him, or something. So, yeah, stupid, cartoony supervillain shit.

• edited 2012-12-02 01:04:00
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

TMA was also Princess Apricot. When we found out and confronted him about it, he went on a supervillain tirade about his "social experiment". There may have been some reference to a "benefit for mankind", but I can't remember. It was pretty amusing, but that doesn't mean TMA wasn't an idiot and a bad member of the forum. 

ninja'd

You can control for error, though, which is the point. Getting eight hours ensures that you pass all the statistically significant thresholds and get at least two complete sleep cycles. 

Error only matters in terms of sleep debt. Sleeping significantly upwards of what your body actually needs- which could be less than seven hours, but can be upwards of nine- is not bad for you, but it's not particularly good for you, either, and it's a lot of accumulated wasted time.

I'll say one thing: that's the one time I've been able to laugh at a problem user as we banned them.

• Is there a thread I can read about this, or was it lost in a migration or summat?

Also, isn't there a dude who hadn't slept for eleven years or something?

• edited 2012-12-02 01:14:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, after getting four hours of sleep per night for a few nights, I kept on nodding off even as I was sitting right next to my project partner.

^^It was mostly via PMs and a posting on the activity page that probably /was/ lost in the recent Vanilla upgrade :/

• edited 2012-12-02 01:17:50

^^^ It was an incident that was fairly far back, is a big part of why we probably can't, as well. It might be a bit of a pain for us to track it down, since the actual confrontation occurred through mod PMs.

Also, it was eleven days.

• Nah, I meant one of these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Herpin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Ngoc

(Sorry, I don't know how to hotlink here)

• edited 2012-12-02 01:30:59

Oh, huh. I guess the eleven days guy is the only one with sufficient documentation for whoever does world records?

Also, the hyperlink button is at the very end of the little control panel in the textbox, on the upper row. The chain link.

Incidentally, if you're sleeping all in one period at night, you're doing it wrong, but nobody has really done it right since the invention of electric lighting.