If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-12-03 09:13:18

Possibly rocket propelled, telekintetically moved or on a funky wire system.

Funky wire system? Uh, you mean like Aquarion here?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Hey man, don't diss the Neanderthals. They were likely as smart as us, and most non-African humans have some Neanderthal blood.

Makes sense.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

it exists

(star trek into darkness is still a dumb name)

• You can change. You can.

Oh my god seriously?

seriously

really?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

which part

the shitty ass name

the fact that thats an actual official poster

the fact that this is still a movie thats happening

because all of the above are true

the shitty ass name.

I don't think anybody was seriously doubting there would be a Star Trek reboot sequel considering how great the first one is* (and how succesful it was, too)

Having said that, Into Darkness sounds like the sort of codename production uses to hide the nature of the project rather than the actual name (Obviously that's not the case here, but yeah)

*: malk no malking

• edited 2012-12-03 10:29:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I just meant that it's finaly coming out after like four whole years more than that it was in question whether it would happen at all.

but yeah it's a godawful name

but benedict cumberbatch is in it so it balances out

I wonder if the backlash will be huge enough to change the name. I mean, it happened with X-Men's posters. Why not?

a man can dream

but benedict cumberbatch is in it so it balances out

if he's the villain i'll have to ragequit tumblr or die from all the feels and butt posts

yeah in that case get ready to abandon your blog

I would like to run a very small, informal experiment. This is for my brains, so please contribute. 

All any willing participants have to do is describe to me, to the best of their knowledge, how a shield is correctly used. Unwilling participants must report to their nearest disciplinary clergyman and will be dealt with shortly. 

No rules, no structure. You can make distinctions between types if you like or not at all. You may longpost, shortpost, or image macro. Just express how you think a shield is used. This is for my brains.  

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

All any willing participants have to do is describe to me, to the best of their knowledge, how a shield is correctly used.

you put it in the way of a sword

and the sword is stopped

sometimes, if you're tricky, you can hit people in the face with them, too

keep the shield in between the other dude's weapon and your body

maybe hit them with it if the opportunity presents itself

try not to break your arm

so far so good

don't fail me guys

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

you strap it to your left arm

put it in front of you to protect a part of your body from the other dude's weapon

block hits if necessary

hit him with the shield if convenient

Good enough?

• Has friends besides tanks now

What they said.

You throw it at people and it returns like a boomerang always.

and you paint a star on it.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, and sometimes they're magical and confer enhancement bonuses to your Armor Class, as well as the normal shield bonus. :D

you all posted wonderful, insightful answers

but the correct answer was in fact geometry

all of you go home

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

booooo

maths has no place in swords

fuck you i have diagrams

no not diagrams

my secret weakness

everything cool and interesting about swords just died
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Geometry is rapiers anyway.

Well, rapiers are where geometry was first expressed explicitly, but geometric principle applies equally to all weapons. It's bar none the most efficient way of understanding the essence of how to use a sword. 

the most efficient way to use a sword >>> stick the pointy end in the other guy >>> you win >>> except if you're fighting a girl

okay but what if their sword is in the way

what then

huh

stick the pointy end in another guy

then stab the first guy when his sword is away

if his sword still isn't away stab him in the balls

no you're wrong

don't make me diagrams

okay

dont even bother with sticking the pointy end in another guy

just stab the first guys balls straight away

in fact i dont even know why we bother with anything else

stabbing them in the balls is just so effective

not likely to be able to do anything for days after

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Use your shield to rewind time so you can stab them in their sleep?