If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

gmh quick switch bodies with me

think of all the wacky shenans

• Hey Alex, you know of anything about pistol grips regarding fencing swords?

• edited 2012-11-26 17:24:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ NO

~minigun spin-up~

UWEHHHH UWEHHHHHH

YATATATATATATAYATATATATATATA...

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Hey Alex, you know of anything about pistol grips regarding fencing swords?

I'm not sure there's much to know. Different kinds of sport fencing do things differently, but thrusting attacks are usually somewhere between legal and the only permissible type of attack. Using a pistol grip means that your thrust is lined up with your knuckles, so the basic movement is like a punch. I couldn't tell you anything about specific kinds of pistol grips, though.

• edited 2012-11-26 17:48:51
    Champion of the Whales

So I was watching the Patriot and the message that I got from it was it that its totes okay for children to shoot people as long as those people are foreign oppressors.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I thought the message was "Mel Gibson kills Englishmen with a hatchet". As for your pick - that's actually a tricky subject, sort of.

• http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21984201

Science proves that Sonic fanboyism and autism have a strong overlap.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How did I guess it would have to do with that protein.

It's one of a family of proteins that are named after hedgehogs.  Someone apparently had a sense of humor, and Sega hasn't C&D'd whoever did that (the way Nintendo did after someone named a cancer gene Pokémon).

• edited 2012-11-26 20:34:46

^^ Just today I was thinking about that protein (and Pokémon).

And I just found out there's a Pikachurin.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

New mouse get :D

• edited 2012-11-26 22:16:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

When I saw the :D I almost thought you were nohaynicklibre.  why did i

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Has any seen or heard from Bob/Midnight Velvet recently? I'd like to talk to her.

• edited 2012-11-27 06:36:07
    Definitely not gay.

>in Adventure Time fandom

>lurk tumblr, /co/ and other sites that have substantial AT fans

>find erotic fanfiction of Adventure Time within 5 minutes

>ask no-one in particular why every fandom is filled with creepy perverts

Science proves that Sonic fanboyism and autism have a strong overlap. 

I thought that Chris-chan proved that years ago.

• edited 2012-11-27 06:41:10

Because the show panders to shippers.  Or something like that.

Although writing erotic fanfiction is hardly enough to classify someone as a "creepy pervert."

• edited 2012-11-27 06:40:16
    Definitely not gay.

But virtually everything I found was PB/Marceline

Most of the ship teasey stuff is between Finn and PB or Finn and Flame Princess

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Because the show panders to shippers Or something like that.

It really doesn't, which makes the shipping wars all the more baffling.

Though apparently the one writer liked to strongly imply Bubblegum/Marceline and got fired for it or something. 

• Definitely not gay.

Although writing erotic fanfiction is hardly enough to classify someone as a "creepy pervert."

I have ten Ice King/Finn fics that say you're wrong

It really doesn't, which makes the shipping wars all the more baffling.

It does. It really does.

Haven't you seen virtually all of PB and Finn's interactions? Or every episode with Flame Princess starting with Incendium?

• 5 minutes? That's remarkably slow.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

But virtually everything I found was PB/Marceline

Dude. That's like... the fandom's biggest ship, hands down.

Hold on, if you give me five minutes, I can PM you with about fifty different PB/M images sitting on my Tumblr's dash.

• Definitely not gay.

the fandom's biggest ship

what

what 

what

Why?

It's only hinted at in one episode, while pretty much every other episode drops little PB/Finn or (post Too Young) PB/Flame Princess hints.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Presumably because people a) don't give a shit if the show doesn't support it very much, or b) they just like the pairing.

That said, I hear that the staff themselves support the PB/M ship, so perhaps they're picking up hints you're not.

• edited 2012-11-27 07:41:38
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've only seen the first season, but I know I've seen art of the pairing done by actual artists who work on the show, at least.

I've never seen the show outside of the clip showing Marceline singing that song, but I know there's a 261-page Tumblr dedicated to the pairing, so...

• Definitely not gay.

Oh my Glob.

Well, like I said, I don't even watch the show, so I'd be hard-pressed to ship anything.

However, that song does make me wonder, and from what else people have said of the episode, it wouldn't surprise me.

I mean, not trying to justify the ship or anything; be pretty dumb of me. But from what I know of it, it doesn't particularly surprise me that there's such a huge following for the pairing.

• Definitely not gay.

it doesn't particularly surprise me that there's such a huge following for the pairing.

Why?

Because the pairing is particularly cute, which gives the relationship an edge over regular, kinda boring relationships.

Because Princess Bubblegum and Marceline fit each other much better in terms of visual style than Finn fits with either of them.

Because there's so few lesbian relationships in western media, even teased ones, that fans tend to grab hold of any ones with a decent support in canon.

Take your pick.

The extent to which people take Adventure Time so seriously baffles me. I certainly appreciate the show and like the characters, but the whole show plays out like a chase scene between a clown car and a horse carriage full of otters. It thrives on chaotic, improvisational fun, and I think experiencing it otherwise is missing the point. 

I think it's silly to classify shipping as inherently something serious. Many people just have a bit of fun with it, artists might draw fanart for a variety of reasons (wanting to improve their drawing by mimicking an art style, just wanting to see the two characters, etc), fanfic authors might write fanfic for the same reason.

Just a bit of fun for many people.

Mind you, I only hear about shipping in context of the drama it creates.