If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2018-08-06 05:34:10
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    latter half tomorrow night

check back for new URL
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Duplicating items has a negative impact on everyone who trades or uses the Market by lowering the value of items.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003

No, it has a positive impact. Because the virtual item economy was a mistake in the first place.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Because the virtual item economy was a mistake in the first place.

Tell that to derivatives traders.
    a possibly interesting thing to let @Unknown_Entity and @Bluesy_Cowgirl know about

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/layla/
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I have heard of this game although I haven't played it.
    As soon as I started caring about retro games Nintendo decided they would singehandedly end ROMS forever.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Free game alert: Orwell is free on the Humble Store.
  • edited 2018-08-16 20:05:17
    As soon as I started caring about retro games Nintendo decided they would singehandedly end ROMS forever.
    I kinda figured that any hosting of them is a temporary arrangement anyway. Surprised EmuParadise could do it for as long as it did. But just goes to show the value of distributed backups I guess.
    Free game alert: Orwell is free on the Humble Store.
    Thanks!
  • edited 2018-08-25 16:54:42
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Had a few weeks to kill in between university terms, so I've been notching a couple games off my backlog in my spare time. Finished my first playthrough of Pyre (really good game, by the way), and went back and cleared those last few puzzles in Snakebird. Only some dozens more to go...

Meanwhile, free game alert: For Honor, Starter edition (same content as Standard edition, just with some of it locked behind in-game progression).
    That game looks nice though that also tells me it probably won't run on my computer.

Also, unfortunately, it seems like it's a game that requires Uplay...
  • So I've been playing lots of Touhou recently. It seems I'm again able to reliably beat Mountain of Faith on Lunatic, despite not having put practice into it beforehand. OTOH I'm having an actually hard time beating the Extra stages, as if it were the first time I'm playing them.

• I am extremely sad I don't live in a timeline where this exists.
    The state of Rhode Island might finally not own a videogame anymore.

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20180906/austrian-company-purchases-rights-to-38-studios-games
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    If it was Blackface, then I'd call it edgy.
    Usually when I grind in a video game the most I notice it is that everything dies after one hit.

In Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (deep breath) when you grind you will literally just have the digital monsters your enemies have but at higher levels. Like I had to switch from "Normal" difficulty to "Hard" and the most that changed was it took two hits instead of one to off them.

Though I did have get a very important lesson on "Just because you've Digivolved to a higher level, does not make it acceptable to take level 1s out without a bit of leveling up" when I faced a particularly angry Lunalamon on an early side mission.

So far I've already evolved my starter, taught him all the necessary skills from his first Digivolution and de-digivolved him back to normal for future Digivolution opportunities.

I keep saying I'll quit video games but it took literally one day before I went from Danganronpa V3 to this.
  • lrdgck wrote: »
    If it was Blackface, then I'd call it edgy.

I'll let you know what else I see. Who knows, maybe I'll meet one called that!

But probably just more silly-sounding ones.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Reminds me of some fantasy name generator. I set it for maximum evil and it gave me "Pukedamn" and "Crazerage the Enraged".

It also looks a lot like something out of Dwarf Fortress.
    I finally met a boss in Hacker's Memory with whose only Digimon was one that I also already had in my party.

"Crazerage" sounds like one of those "make it yourself" DIY bracelet kits.
  • Hope you at least caught him when he was in a good mood. :p
  • I've been playing World of Warcraft (Battle for Azeroth) recently. Too many trolls! (As in, the in-game race). I'm playing as a Retribution Paladin (i.e. damage dealer) but if everything comes together I'll change to Holy Paladin (i.e. healer) when I'm at level 120, which I'm almost there.

I was hoping I could play when the expansion was new, so I could do things together with my friends, but it didn't turn out that way. Also I'm not making as much gold as I thought I would so I'm probably going to have to stop soon.
  • From what I've seen a lot of the expansion seems to be well-written and executed, but it's still depressing what the Horde has turned into. I feel similar to Saurfang, who at this point is refusing to be rescued, saying:

"I have have lost track of the time I have sat in this cell. But it matters not in the end. After all [Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner] has done, I will never return to her Horde. Make sure you know the difference between loyalty and honor. And pray you never have to choose."

Right now even the best people in the Horde are following the orders of somebody truly loathsome, somebody I think is actually worse than Garrosh was. As somebody whose very first character in 2006 was a troll shaman who was RP'd as being all about honor and doing right, I hate this.

I believe if I were playing it, then spending time in Zandalar might help me forget for a while. I wouldn't have to think about Sylvanas and her war crimes, and I could just focus on what was going on with the Zandalari for a while.

It's possible that I'll like the ending to this story, but it'll be a long time before I see what that ending is. Sometime in the middle of next year, probably. And until then, the Horde are the baddies. :(
  • Yah, this is looking to be another expansion where the Horde gets suckered into being the bad guys. I don't mind playing on the wrong side, but once was enough (or twice if WoD counts, or thrice if Warcraft/WCII count).

Also, it feels weird that the Burning Legion is kill. I know they aren't the only remaining antagonists (Azshara, the Void Lords and perhaps Lich King Bolvar, Lich Queen Sylvanas and/or Jaina), but Sargeras was the only one with an army that isn't the Horde or fish. It's odd not having demons anymore.
  • edited 2018-09-09 13:38:08
    It looks like N'Zoth will show up sooner or later.

By the way, have you heard all the Heroes Of The Storm poke quotes? If you don't want to play the game there are videos of most hero pokes. I like that they lampshade some of the problems with WoW lore, for example:
    Maiev: So I murdered a few Highborne, tried to kill Malfurion, and fled Darnassus as a wanted fugitive. Can't you just drop it and move on? Everyone else has.

Yrel's (and I'm not happy with where they seem to be taking Yrel in WoW, btw) comments about "Legion" really have to be heard, since the VA's delivery is part of what makes it work. :D

EDIT: Damn, forgot you couldn't watch too many videos. I'll just type it here but leave the video up for anyone else who wants to hear it and her other lines.
    YREL: [cheerfully] I'm not upset that I wasn't invited to join the paladin class order. [becoming audilbly irritated] OR that EVERYONE jetted off to Argus WITHOUT me. NOOOO, I'm not upset about that at ALL! HMPH!

She's pissed now...
    YREL: It's not like after all our efforts on Draenor, the Legion just INVADED ANYWAY! Or that I was left behind while everyone joined the Army of Light to fight against my people's GREATEST enemy WITHOUT ME! Can you imagine if that happened?! I'd be FURIOUS!!!!
  • edited 2018-09-12 04:15:38

I'll admit, after hearing some early Kickstarter previews of this game's tracks, I was worried the OST wouldn't be as good as the first game.

I am so glad my fears were mistaken here.
    @Stormtroper posted a video about Dire Dire Docks and it led me to this in the related videos:

Epic Xenoblade Chronicles music included.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Free game alert: The Tiny Bang Story
  • edited 2018-09-26 09:15:55
    I've been playing Operation Abyss. It's a dungeon crawler game. And my healer is now a bona fide backup front line fighter, and can also hit hard even from the back row.

She's had noticeably better defense than the other two back row party members for a while, thanks to the Physician class blood code getting better armor. However, thanks to wandering an at-level-par dungeon with a high danger level rating (which you get from fighting too many "variants" (monsters) without encountering a particularly strong "wanted variant", and which makes the monsters horribly strong), I won some very nice equipment. It was above my character's level rating, so I used the Level Pass Code to equip it.

I've shown off a couple of said pieces of equipment here. The most dramatic difference is that I just switched from a 4-12 base damage medium range weapon (need medium or better range to hit things from the back row) to a 61-103 base damage medium range weapon. (I did have a "backup" weapon that I could switch to in case someone in the front row was incapacitated and she took over a slot in the front row, but that backup weapon was (1) short range so I needed to switch back and forth between it and my prior regular weapon, and (2) had 14-20 base damage anyway.) Aside from this, the most impressive armor piece is that Angel Wing +6. That gives it a defensive bonus better than Plate Mail.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A576&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A576&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

(The negative numbers on miss chance and evade are actually good things in this game, due to the weird way it calculates hit rate.)
    The Atelier series's Arland trilogy is coming to PC apparently.