If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I mean, the little guys who kind of remind me of velociraptors, not the big herbivores.

I haven't managed to make it past the water-bit, primarily because going underwater to fight freaks me out, so.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-30 00:44:58

Lagiacrus wants a nibble of your flesh. Just a nibble. It's not much.

Glad I got out of that area as fast as possible.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    The Jaggi?

Yeah, I admit the early game is a pain to get through with the first few Great Swords because they don't have the high damage to offset its low speed yet.

I don't blame you for being freaked by the water stuff. Fights underwater can get disorienting as all hell.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-30 00:56:44

I seemed to have gotten a bit used to aquatic combat after a few minutes. Spent most of my time chasing those damn Sharqs than anything.

• edited 2012-04-30 00:59:50
    We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    Fucking Sharqs.

But yeah, It's a very different form of combat in the game and it takes getting used to when fighting the actual Monsters in them.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-30 01:02:57

Always getting a cheap shot when you least expect it.

"Excuse me! I'm trying to skin your brethren here. I'll kill you later!"

I don't seem to take the setting of Monster Hunter seriously, no.

You fight the Barroth, yet?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

I remember fighting the Barroth when I originally played the game. Goddamn that fight was a bitch. 

Pain and misery. Nothing but pain and misery.

I timed-out on my first three tries on that motherfucker. No joke.

Yeah, it's a pain. Not to mention it's at a point in the game where the quest supplies don't nearly cover the costs, so you have to redo your prep after every failure. Brew more potions and so on. I think I ended up taking him out with the Lance, and by goodness it was a glorious moment. 

Oh lawd, yes. One of the really nice things about Monster Hunter is the way they make sure that every successful kill feels like your greatest triumph.

Of course, there is another. So vile and wretched that it must be kept online, lest it tear the game apart from the inside-out....
  • Champion of the Whales

@Alex

Do you have M&B warband?

Nope. I got M&B vanilla for $10, hard copy at EB Games. Yet to play Fire And Sword, though, given some Steam shenanigans with my new PC. 

• Champion of the Whales

Well, from what I heard, With Fire and Sword is just vanilla with guns! which is a bit crap compared with Warband and the gun mods for Warband are better

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I prefer drills.  They're great at breaking the opponents' weapons.

• >using weapons that aren't swords in Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

I haven't even discovered a boss fight win animation other than for swords and drills.  And I see drills far more often because...well, I use them far more often.

• AttObl,

A Cast Ranger or a Human Hunter.

Nice, have you played those classes in other PSO games or do you just think they fit your play style the best?

DYRE,

Played around with the PSO2 character creator.  You can make pretty cute characters with it, so I like it.  Unfortunately, my computer probably won't actually be able to run the game, so... yeah.  But if I get a new computer by the time it comes out (which is certainly possible) then I'll probably play it.

Yep, ditto what you said about not being able to run the game right now. Maybe it will come out on a console or buying a Vita will be more feasible by the time it gets released outside of Japan (if it does) though.

As for the character creator, I guess I am a little concerned that most of the female costumes are either pretty revealing or overly feminine (e.g., the female human hunter one has a skirt for some reason and a lot of them are wearing heels of some sort). I suppose that is just par for the course for MMORPGs, but it does kind of limit your options.

Aside from that, I was impressed with how many options the character creator had, especially for stuff like hair styles, eye color, and face layout.

• But you never had any to begin with.

>using weapons that aren't swords in Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

Knuckles and a ladle forever.

I have yet to use the ladle in combat.

• I'm a damn twisted person

If you aren't attacking somebody with a giant spoon, a chair leg, high velocity sculptable adhesive, or bat shaped throwing stars, you're doing it wrong. 

^^ The upgraded form is the highest durability weapon in the game, making it perfect for unlocking boss weapons.

• edited 2012-04-30 13:10:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What do you mean by upgraded?  You mean, if I remake it but spend mystic ores on it?

Speaking of which, that feature--remaking stuff but adding mystic ores--took me a FAQ to find.  Maybe I wasn't reading the early-game commentary carefully enough.

You mean, if I remake it but spend mystic ores on it?

Yes. It only costs one mystic ore, as well.

It's the Hot Iron Ladle, isn't it?  I saw that on Youtube.

Yup.

• They're somethin' else.

I've been trying to finish up Etrian Odyssey 1. I can't believe how long it takes to get through a stratum.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So I just played the first episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead game, and I honestly enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

It felt kind of low budget, but apart from that I felt like pretty much everything worked. And the kid is actually really likable and not stone cold retarded like Carl in the show, which is a nice change of pace.

I'm looking forward to the next part.
  • I'm becoming addicted to the multiplayer mode of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'm currently using the Divine Bow, with defensive enhancements that reduce damage and knockback, and another that weakens the opponent when they're hit. The amount of ranged damage it deals is ludicrous, but it also has lessened homing capabilities.

Fortunately, I've rectified this by equipping the homing boost and targeting reticule aim powers. Add the Freeze effect power to the mix, and you have one major ass-kicking.

• No rainbow star
    Well. My sister kicked my butt three times in a row on Brawl