If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I kind of feel like with a 3DS, pretty much all I'd play are the 1st party games. Which i guess isn't a bad thing? And Vita's getting P4 at some point.

I'm leaning a little more towards 3DS.

You can get a Vita with Vita the Wolkenritter on it.  I don't know how much those cost though.

I don't even know who that is.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

3DS has no good games outside of remakes anyway.

pffthahaha you can play Persona, Maverick Hunter and Dissidia on the Vita

I also like how you're listing off the best games on the vita, and comparing them to one of the worst games on the 3DS.

• Definitely not gay.

OK, maybe I'm just bitter about how I can't run through Mega Man X as Boba Fett because I chose the 3DS instead of the Vita

IMO, they're both really solid systems in various states of post-launch-not-a-lot-of-games. 3DS had a headstart, so I got it first. I'll get a Vita when P4 comes out for it.

• Definitely not gay.

I mean running through Mega Man X as Vile

that's like running through Zero as Omega

• edited 2012-05-14 19:24:27
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Forzare: A character from the Nanoha series.  Best known for being a pint-sized powerhouse with a magical croquet mallet, which is used to launch magical explosive energy balls and can also transform into a drill.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-14 19:58:31

3DS has no good games outside of remakes anyway

Mario 3D, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil and several others would like to have a word with you.

Well, the Vita is a great piece of hardware, but Sony is wasting it with tripe games like Little Deviants. When Gravity Rush gets released, maybe this well change, but knowing how Sony is handling the system, I doubt it.

• They're somethin' else.

>A Console War Discussion
    >2012

>A Console War Discussion
    >2012

How very odd for people to discuss which of two consoles is preferable when someone asks which one he should buy first.

Simple. Read up on current games, then upcoming releases, and go from there.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

yes, because it's preferable to spend an hour looking up professional reviews instead of asking a bunch of people who have some idea of what you actually like in a game which one would probably end up being better

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

As for my two pence, I consider the PS3 to be the strongest home console right now, at least in terms of our collective demographic. It's got a good combination of Western titles and faggy anime games. The controller is better than the X-Box one, too, and you don't have to pay for full access to online features. 

In terms of handhelds, I think Nintendo predictably takes the cake here. A lot of PSP/Vita stuff looks like it's parred-down versions of PS3 releases, even if they're technically separate games. The DS (and 3DS) offer some pretty unique experiences only possible with dual screen and touch screen technology. 

• edited 2012-05-14 22:08:51
    They're somethin' else.

Forzare: The only thing I'm interested for in regards to the Vita is Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 Golden. Vita requiring you to download games you probably already have hardcopies of is kind of a downer for me, but it looks like an alright system. Other than that, 3DS has been solid so far. It's had an embarrassing launch, but hey, so did the DS, and you know how that went. 

If you think that it's just a DS with 3D, need I remind you that the hardware's been greatly beefed up, and is more or less a completely different system.

That's a point. Where the DS was limited to some very basic 3D hardware (in terms of actual display, not actual 3D effect), the 3DS can handle a lot more, well, stuff. This means less restrictions on developers, which in turn means more sophisticated application of the dual screen and touch screen features. 

It's got some pretty awesome downloadables. Sakura Samurai for you twitch action diehards, and Colors 3D as a portable photoshop lite.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning more towards the 3DS at this point.

I'm looking forward to the time when a significant portion of 3DS developers have mastered the hardware. I don't give much of a damn about the 3D effect, but a DS with less technical restrictions can only be a good thing. What I love about the DS at large is that it's a wide-release, mainstream console that demands developer innovation because of its particular features. There's just experiences you can have with a DS (or 3DS) that other consoles can never match because of their conventional limitations. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Whoa she looks cute like Ally.

But she's not as cute as Ally.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

> The controller is better than the X-Box one, too

I hate to get into taste discussions, but I've always always hated the Playstation controller. They are very much designed for someone with my spindly spider-hands in mind. The X-box 360's size is much comfortable and doesn't make my index fingers cramp.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

i can use both just as easily and have no particular preference

Dreamcast Controller

Vs.

Nintendo 64 Controller

BATTLE 1

FIGHT

Both the PS2/3 controller and the 3DS cause my thumbs and index fingers to seize up after awhile.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I held the SNES controller from the side so my right thumb could easily cover Y, B, and A at the same time.

This is KEY to playing Mega Man X games correctly.

The PS1 controller, on the other hand, wants me to hold it with my thumb at a diagonal relative to the pad, making it hard to cover all three bottom right-side buttons with one thumb.

Evidently there was a western saturday morning cartoon for Darkstalkers.

How did that reconcile having a form-fitting, scantily clad succubus on the roster?

Because of that, I'd usually put the dash button on the shoulder buttons, and the weapon toggle buttons on X and A.

I've always wondered how Mega Man X plays on an Arcade Stick. I regret not buying one for my SNES in the swap meet when I saw it.

• edited 2012-05-14 22:51:48
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ I'm not sure, but then again, Catwoman is in a skin-tight suit in the 90s Batman cartoon and I consider it her most provocative outfit outside hypothetical ones in comics I haven't read. 

Yeah, but you can downplay Catwoman's sexual aspect. With Morrigan, sex kind of defines what she is.

Most likely they probably just turned her into a vampire or something.

Yeah, the western cartoon is garbage.

• edited 2012-05-14 22:56:32
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Well, if I were leading that project, I'd make her origin more like Morrigan of Celtic mythology. Who was still a highly sexual figure, of course, but you can go "Well she's a deity/spirit/whatever of Celtic origin" and not a succubus. 

Not surprising. Still will probably watch it for morbid curiousity if I can find it.