If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    On the plane. Apparently the flight is less delayed than they thought, so that's good.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Have Bastion, only mildly interested in Limbo.

Limbo is...okay, I guess. Amnesia and Psychonauts are excellent though.
  • I confused Limbo with Limbo of the Lost. Would make for an interesting package.

• You can change. You can.

Death of Superman was a story where Doomsday and Superman punch each other until they both die.

Can't summon devils without a little blasphemy. :p

Jokes and insults aside, I did specify that Death of Superman wasn't really a great story per se so much as a great visual story. Or in other words, the art's good and the layouts are interesting and add a sense of urgency to the whole ordeal. It's by no means an example of a good death in comic books or even a good story, but it's an example of how important art is to the medium.

Just landed in Birmingham.

The English city? :O

No, the crappy alabamian knockoff.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

how is it possible for a city to be crappier than Birmingham

By being in Alabama.

Finally home. Yay.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So we're watching America's Got Talent and there's this escape artist. His thing is that he has to hang upside down and escape from a straight jacket before this huge metal trap thing swings shut and kills him or maims him or whatever.

He escapes with like half a second left.

My sister sighs and goes "I want to see somebody die on this show."

oh my god she is azula
  • edited 2012-06-01 14:24:36
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Was she kidding? Please tell me she was kidding.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i'm pretty sure she was

but

what if i wake up one day with my hair on fire as she cackles maniacally

Well, you're on your way to becoming the Human Torch. Might as well start looking for friends who rock.

• edited 2012-06-01 14:34:26
    Diet NEET

Karaoke has My Heart Will Go On. Dis gun b good.

• Why is it that so many music players don't let you sort songs by directory?

Since a lot of the music on my computer is from anime and stuff, I have a lot of it arranged by source rather than artist, and unfortunately most music players don't allow me to actually make use of that.  That is, they only let you sort by artist, title, genre, album, etc.

• Champion of the Whales

Btw, does anyone object to an Euro 2012 thread being made next week?

That may have been the single best cockblock I've ever seen on TV.

Bravo, Zuko.

So...there is now a company that manufactures shoes from genetically engineered stingrays, which you can custom-order.

It's prohibitively expensive, of course, but the design tool is here if anyone wants to play around with it.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Zuko was deemed master cockblocker by /co/ back when the show was still airing.

• ^^Heretics, have they no respect for the memory of Steve?

Also, this made me lol: http://jezebel.com/5914608/you-are-not-his-girlfriend-how-to-know-when-youve-been-brod?popular=true

So I'm starting Panty & Stocking. It's not as amazing as I've been told but it's mildly amusing and interesting from a cross-culture standpoint.

• edited 2012-06-01 18:44:49
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ The best part was just how ridiculously obvious it was (on a Nickelodeon show) that Sokka and Suki were going to bang.
  • ^^ I couldn't make it through the first episode back when I tried watching it.  Not that that means it's bad or anything, just not to my tastes, but in any case I get the impression (from what I've heard of it and such) that most of the reason it was hyped up so much is just that it's really zany and really, really Gainaxy.

• edited 2012-06-01 18:53:00
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^Well, they just referenced Roger Corman's Deathrace 2000 and I think everyone knows one of the quickest ways to my heart is referencing shlocky-yet-awesome B-movies.

^^Oh yeah. There were a few /co/mrades talking about their kids and how they were asking questions and got the answer 'well, uh... Sokka was going to read Suki poetry.'

Also, Sokka swallowed a rose. Dude is fucking hardcore.

and that is why sokka is the best character

Also I love how just embarrassed and nervous Suki was when she ran into Zuko. It was an act that made her feel much like a teenager.

While I'm not fond of the beach episode, I love how they mix her insecurity as a teenager with her only understanding of social interaction being declaring things like the daughter of Doctor Doom.

The beach episode was just so over the top and silly that I couldn't not love it. It just made me love Azula even more.

Also, Ty Lee is adorable and Zuko/Mai is most depressing couple.

also katara is scary
    An airbender! My heart is so full of hope, that it's making me tearbend!

oh my god