If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

/b/ trolls a Texan radio host. Hard.

Comments

• edited 2011-06-23 11:50:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, the evidence awaits you in the video.  If you're going to ignore that, then you'd better have some other evidence saying that he's not a racist.

^ Also, using ethnic/national stereotypes as insults.
  • Doesn't change the fact that schadenfreude is still fucking stupid and an example of a depraved society.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    However you can't really claim that on the moral high ground if you are hypocritical on the subject Chagen.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    How'd I know that Chagen was going to jump at defending Texas?

And someone who is either a troll in disguise or pretty racist.
  • edited 2011-06-23 11:59:49
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ >implying depravity is bad
    >implying objective morality exists through assignment of moral value
    >implying Chagen hasn't taken pleasure in the thought of someone else's misery

/not sure of the degree to which I am serious
  • Isn't seeing moral decay everywhere also a typical Texan trait?

• edited 2011-06-23 11:59:30
    @Chagen: I'm not endorsing what the trolls did.  I merely laughed.  And I most definitely don't enjoy trolling Ghost with purposely-overdone homosexual stereotypes, which is kinda sickening.

That said, Ghost is pretty obviously racist, despite his attempts to deny it repeatedly.

^ No.
  • I see, probably confused with Midwest bible thumpers.

• edited 2011-06-23 12:01:55
    ^^ Don't forget the part where they made jokes about his son, especially the one guy talking with old man Herbert's voice.

Yeah, overall it was highly tasteless, but it worked perfectly and I enjoy a good trolling. As long as it happens to people I don't care about.

/has no claims to any moral high grounds, nor wishes to make such a claim
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh yeah, the part about his son was REALLY tasteless.  They really should not have gone there.

The "Fuck You Texas" song was funny the first few times but after a while they should have cut it out.  It was getting old, and it was also clearly not getting much of a response from him.  All it was worth was being an overused running gag.

Now, the Cirno's Perfect Math Class bit...that was funny.

Don't know what old man Herbert is.
  • edited 2011-06-23 12:32:53
    ^ He's the old pederastic neighbor from Family Guy who keeps inviting Chris over to his house and hitting on him and whatnot. He's also one of the few characters from the show who I actually found to be funny.

This guy:

File:Herbert - Family Guy.png
    Adding to the list of questions I need to ask politicians at their campaign stops:

* Does one plus two equal nine?
  • Everest: I have never actually taken pleasure in the misery of a real live person. The thought disgusts me and I pretty much am incapable of doing it.
  • edited 2011-06-23 12:42:42
    If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't being entirely (or remotely) serious, though if you've never once, in your entire life, so much as wanted to get revenge on someone, consider me shocked.
  • Wanting to get revenge =/= Schadenfreude
  • edited 2011-06-23 12:54:53
    I think they're fairly close, and there's a definite connection between them.
    I'd agree with Chagen; revenge is an anger-resolving motive not a pleasure-seeing motive.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Yes however you would also be gaining pleasure in doing so.
    They are connected.

Also it is quite hard to believe that you have never shown enjoyment at another's misery Chagen.
  • edited 2011-06-23 13:04:38
    ^^ Why can't it be both? That's often the case with me. >.>

And when I said "entire life", I meant "even as a kid, when perhaps your morals were radically different", because I know that Chagen was quite different not too long ago. He's said so himself.
    Related?

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Oh my god, that is great. That is really really great. for real.
    IJBM: Why the fuck am i still laughing at that damned video.
  • edited 2011-06-23 22:53:29
    (void)
    @Chagen FUCK YOU TEXAS, AND FUCK THAT LONE STAR BEER
  • edited 2011-06-23 22:44:18
    You didn't get the lyrics right.  The trolls didn't either; it's "and fuck that Lone Star beer".  They kept on saying "and fuck the Lone Star State".  And they also had the melody going upward, when it actually goes downward toward "beer".
  • Fixed.  Thanks GMH!
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I don't think anything that Ghost says is real. I believe it's all a charade that people are doing to advertise his radio show.
    Wait, I got it wrong too.

Take a listen:

It's "fuck your Lone Star beer".
  • So the forum for organizing the raid is ALSO a charade?

This has way too much investment to be an internet hoax. /b doesn't have that kind of attention span.
  • I found it amusing wouldn't bother me anymore if it were my own state either 1. Because curtailing free speach is always wrong even if we disagree. and 2. Holding any sort of identity with my state is too similar to nationalism for my liking.
  • EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT. I GOT THIS
    So what's the backstory on this Ghost person?