If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Liking submissive girls = you're sexist"

1235»

Comments

• "As I said, I take it to mean it's absolute extreme."

That's silly.
  • Well, most people do.

If I called someone racist, for example, you would almost certainly assume, at first, that I'm talking about some kind of crazy insane White Nationalist Neo-Nazi, even though the actual person themselves may not be that racist.

Prejudice-describing words tend to be used only in the extreme. At least, from my experience.
  • edited 2011-05-26 08:48:37
    Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Mod edit: That post was quite unnecessary.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "Vortex: Holy fuck, dude. People generalize things. It's a natural trait when dealing with groups. Jesus."

I'm going to hold you to this the next time you get all offended over someone generalizing a group that you're a part of.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-25 17:11:32
    ^Must... not... make the... obvious joke...
  • "If I called someone racist, for example, you would almost certainly
    assume, at first, that I'm talking about some kind of crazy insane White
    Nationalist Neo-Nazi, even though the actual person themselves may not
    be that racist."

No I wouldn't. Racism doesn't have to be deliberate or hateful, you know?
  • ^This, only worded much better than how I would've put it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Usually, if someone calls me racist/sexist/whatever, I think about what I was saying and try to correct that.
  • Hm. I've always assumed the worst in that kind of situation.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-25 17:15:10
    Yes, we know. You've told us.

Just try not assuming the worst. Try to put things in perspective.
  • I usually agree with them, but that's cause I'm a paranoid bastard.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Screwing telling, we've seen it in action. Here's an idea, don't think of the worst and ask for clarification, the world doesn't run on extremes.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^ This one does.
  • DEAR GOD, DON'T DO THAT, IAN! YOU'RE SHITTING ALL OVER CHAGEN'S SERIOUS THREAD! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

i lol'd.