If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"The people on the insecurities thread don't have any real problems "

Comments

• Option D: Any people with real issues are swamped in the great tide of attention whoring, and would be better served taking their issues elsewhere.

A common element ("problem" according to some) was that people weren't eager to talk about their problems while others were talking about a bigger one.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wow, drama thread has drama.
  • If you keep around problematic people, expect problems to arise.
  • edited 2011-05-22 19:07:10
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Maybe we should stray away from people-bashing? Yes, that's a good idea. 

^^^ I discussed this lightly in another thread, but the Starving Children in Africa clause is a real detriment to conversation. People throw around the actual, stereotypical example jokingly (Your problems mean nothing next to the starving children in Africa), but it often crops up in nastier ways (Who cares if your dad died, this guy's dad and mom died). 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The Starving Children in Africa clause is one of the most annoying by far when it comes to invalidating other people's problems, but for some reason it's an acceptable refute to get people to quit bitching about schoolwork being difficult or their parents not letting them go to a rated R movie. Otherwise though it shouldn't really be invoked.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Wait, how would that work?

"Sorry, you can't go to that R-rated movie, there are starving children in Africa"?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    "Stop complaining about not getting let into an R-rated movie, there are starving children in Africa".
    Ah. Well, that's a stupid argument anyway.

• As if seeing an R-Rated movie is even all that difficult nowadays now that we have BitTorrent.

/completelymissingthepoint

"No, getting arrested by the FBI for downloading a trapfile released by them in an attempt to watch a rated R movie for free is a stupid reason to whine, there are children starving in Africa right now, at least you HAVE a computer."
    Do you think he would be arrested for downloading the movie or watching it underaged? 
    Well the FBI probably would go for the downloading the movie first since they didn't know he was underage yet....unless they did somehow.
    [wmg] The entire FBI is composed of loli lovers, and has been since the Hoover's tenure. [wmg]
  • There is one thing the FBI and the hydra have in common: Both have many heads which are everywhere.

"Automatically, I despise Adeptus Alpharius. Pompous Kino-wannabe." - DonZabu

I love you too honey <3 But tell me darling who is this Kino I allegedly try to copy?
  • ...how do you miss Kino?
  • edited 2011-05-23 21:10:30

^^ The guy is two posts above you in the image we're talking about.

Just look for the "Man up" thread in Yack Fest. You can't miss it.

• edited 2011-05-23 21:12:10
    ^^ Maybe it's because I'm not that long on TV Tropes. If people compare me to him than he must be a really awesome guy.
  • You know there was a Comedian on Comedy Central who did a bit about this. How we here in the western developed nations have "White people problems"
  • ^^You and Kino will get along just fine, I think.
    Kino doesn't use a Hydra as an avatar. Therefore he is a edgecore travesty.
  • You can change. You can.
    ...what is edgecore, again?
  • edited 2011-05-24 11:50:05
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    People trying too hard to be offensive, blunt and indifferent on the internet to invoke reactions from people or get attention.
    ...so, trolling?
  • edited 2011-05-24 11:52:49
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    No, it's what happens when people are way too obvious and way bad at trying to troll, and are general legitimate users.
  • Is that when people state how much they don't care, as if it was an achievement?
    Yup.
  • "Edgecore" has just earned a special place in my vocabulary.
    We used it in my school to describe the HxC goth kids/screamo fans who wanted everyone to die and would make morbidly shocking comments out loud in class to try and shock everyone and evoke negative emotions out of them, while also constantly talking about abortion, cannibalism, rape support, victim blaming and lynching as a sexual punishment, while also trying to push negativity and indifference into any conversation they join, even invading conversations to make irrelevant negative comments.
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...

you went to school?
    Your mom went to school...after I fucked her.

DOUBLE BURN.