If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

12345679»

Comments

• Perpetually Peckish
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That is a cool music video.

Whatever happened to the YouTube GUI is a mistake.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Disco Dungeon Synth / Raw Black Metal / Experimental
  • Wait, this one is better:
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Atelier\Totori\fm_tower.msf
  • edited 2024-05-14 00:38:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm listening to this, and it sounds nice and wholesome to me, but I know it's because I feel the music is wholesome while I'm basically tuning out the lyrics, so I'm trying to get myself to pay attention to the lyrics but I'm still very distracted by the music and haven't yet been able to really understand the lyrics despite playing it several times because I'm too distracted by the music.

(Albeit, I am doing something else while the song is playing.)
    I know now a German pop song for every season aside from autumn.

SPRING by Wincent Weiss feat. FOURTY

Sommer by Max Giesinger

Winter by WIncent Weiss.

It turns out Max Giesinger has another summer song too; Unser Sommer. Couldn't go with an autumn song huh?

Apparently "autumn" is "herbst", but the only song with that title I can find is some rap song I'll never listen to.

Speaking of songs with lyrics that uh, well, okay, there's Auf & Ab by MONTEZ.

Yes, he really is saying "s*x", and the full translated line is super awkward too! Europeans love to say that word in English, unless there is no other way to say it and it's somehow the same in all the languages.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
  • edited 2024-06-01 07:42:51
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    That really does sound like the sort of song you'd think of as a "German" song in popular culture.

Apparently, Poland won Junior Eurovision 2018.

The singer even had braces so that's extra points (I have mentioned I have braces now right?).

The last time I listened to Junior Eurovision was 2017 so now I've decided to catch up.

Anyways, you can really notice the significant gap in skill level/charisma between these kids and the adult performers from normal Eurovision, but at least the songs themselves are fun and well-produced 70% of the time.

Then again, Russia never goes halfway (also I'm pretty sure this music video with a live version continuation, aka coolest thing ever, is about domestic violence).

Like dungeon synth, but robot anime instead of gothic fiction-slash-sword and sorcery.
  • Minuet in G Major but autistic:

Also I've had this in my draft since forever, maybe some opportune occasion would've come up for it but it hasn't so far, may as well just post it dry:
  • edited 2024-06-07 15:45:55
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    my guess is that the song where the characters are wearing blue dresses was used as the "base" for this song and everything else was vocals overlaid on this. i don't know any of the songs except the very first one, and I know that those aren't the instrumentals for Go My Way.

but the main reason i suspect it's specifically the song with the blue dresses is because it gives the unusual post-bridge return of the vocal parts in a different key.

everything else can be explained by the mashup creator finding stuff that was in the right key at the right time, which for most of this mashup means "find other songs in F major or pitch them up/down as needed" (Go My Way is in E major, which is pretty close). that said, the fact that Go My Way got pitched up means that the exact key doesn't even matter that much; we can be a half step off and still work for this mashup. aside from tonality considerations, it's about finding songs with similar tempos and time signatures and appropriate phrase lengths and similar harmonic progressions. and for peppy pop songs with a 4/4 beat and standard 4- and 8-bar phrases that follow stock progressions, this ain't hard at all -- the sections are essentially interchangeable, as shown.

there's actually more variety to idol music than this, but this is like one specific type of song, yeah.
  • edited 2024-06-08 21:49:03
    ^^ I was expecting 14w to be the one to react to that tbh

Relatedly, I never manage to remember music theory terms unless they're also mechanical vibration terms.
  • edited 2024-06-12 12:18:46
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Windows96

Sombre Arcane

Killer Gnome

Garden Gnome

Antediluvian Wisdom

Old Distant Weep