If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

Comments

• edited 2014-01-27 23:41:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Took me several tries to find someone willing to play it this slowly.

When I play it I play it even slower.  If only I had a recording of myself on Youtube.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I decided that I'll share this little curiosity with you, perhaps you will be interested:

Closterkeller - "Zaklęta w marmur"

The title translates as "charmed into marble", or however I'm supposed to say it in English. "Petrified", if you wish it short. Anyway, this is, in my opinion, one of the better songs by the most prominent gothic rock band in here. I wonder what other folks would think of it. The language probably isn't as suited to singing as, say, English (something about the flow of syllables and stuff), but I hope it's still enjoyable.

• edited 2014-03-23 03:14:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I really really like the parts at the end of each half.  I'm just a sucker for IV V I progressions.  Especially if a IV7 can be vaguely implied.  I love IV7 to V.

(FYI, he repeats both halves.)

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Chopiniana is playing this weekend.

As in, the ballet.  Or at least the music to it.  At the Center for the Arts on the campus here.  I can get a free ticket.

• edited 2014-09-22 17:06:38
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Recent find:

In Mourning - "Colossus" 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Recent find: Volosi, some sort of neofolk from I don't exactly know where, but they (the band) seem to come from around here. Posting here 'cause this thread is on the third page and the other one on the first. 

"Full Moon"

"Dusk"

"Sigut Techno"

"Ruben"

Some sort of Japanese emo-whatever-rock: MUCC - "Zutazuta"

Have some Hungarian rock classic. By the way: fourth post in a row, mweh heh heh. 

There are songs that ask to be listened to when it's a rainy night, or the gale blows, or the sun shines warmly. Judging by title, this is a song for the winter, as Agalloch's songs often are, but it does not sound this way. To the rescue: Agalloch - Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires.

The other find I'm sharing showed up in youtube's similar vids box. Since I'm already posting here: Release The Long Ships - Snow
    Sounds good enough to share.

From a film noir. You know, I'll treat this thread as a repository of good tunes.

• Female Chinese Australian Tolkien Freak
    I'm a Billy Joel fan so here's That's Not Her Style:

• edited 2022-01-29 19:11:46
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

dead link to grasslands by Ramzoid

I like some electronics once in a while. It's fun to look at youtube statistics for this tune - that sharp rise is the moment it was used in a trailer. 

Like I said, some electronics once in a while. Sounds like something you guys might enjoy, too.

• edited 2016-01-15 06:25:39
    So I remember coming up with some rhyming in my revision of some fandub lyrics some years ago.  I changed the meaning a bit to make the rhyme work.  Someone asked me, "does it rhyme in the original Japanese?" -- and I noticed, well, you're right, it actually didn't.

But somehow it sounded better.  Then I started paying attention -- apparently rhyming is much less common in Japanese songs?  I dunno.  Maybe so.

That said, I just found an example of rhyming in Japanese song lyrics:

Nakamura Maiko ft. Cliff Edge - Angel

(video link not provided b/c sketchy picture used for one of the youtube uploads)
  • You can link to some other kind of upload you know.
    okay fine, video link not provided b/c too lazy to find one

I'm preparing for an oral presentation in front of a notably grumpy audience and I need to pump myself up.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Nice.
    A geeky-stuff friend of mine introduced me to Anamanaguchi a few years back. I still haven't gotten around to checking them out but what I've heard is pretty decent.

Geeky, in a different way.