If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
  • edited 2020-06-06 12:20:02
    There is love everywhere, I already know

One day I will watch the 52 episode Korean idol anime Shining Star.

But as for now I will just keep watching the music videos.

Shining Star is co-produced by SM Entertainment, which is a big K-pop agency, so a lot of the songs in it aren't actually originals.

This song, Galaxy, seems to not just be a wholesale copy-pase of a more popular song. Probably because the initial release wasn't popular at all. It's a cover/rearrangement, performed by the artists that sing for the Shining Star characters. The original is by Luna, formerly of f(x). I feel like I liked one song by this group eight years ago and it's been following me ever since.

The original has a whole additional verse in the middle.

The characters performing this are called Calliope (like the Greek Muse and Thousandth Floor character) and Reina (literally just means "Queen"), because they're the legendary Muses of the show (since every idol anime needs those).

@glennmagusharvey: This is EDM. Or, at the very least, it has a lot of EDM elements.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > like the Greek Muse and Thousandth Floor character
    and the spoilery name for a spacecraft that's only revealed late in Kiddy Grade

> Shining Star
    the first thing I thought about was the Precure song lol

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dgck3IVHo
    > This is EDM. Or, at the very least, it has a lot of EDM elements.
    [this reply moved to the other thread]
    the first thing I thought about was the Precure song lol

The first thing I thought of was the PriPara OP.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Posting here, since the Music thread looks like you guys might yet continue the conversation. The song's "Star Rider" by Hällas. Genre seems to be one of those retro-stoner metal thingies.
  • Thumbnail looks like some obscure Digimon installment that never got an English release.
    Indeed it does.

• is avril lavigne still relevant
    i don't think this works lol
    have i ever mentioned how awesome this track is and how well it fits a late-game area

Interesting: instead of typical postpunk, Mexican doomer mix consists of, shall we say, less international tunes.
    Mexican Doomer Mix Is Mexican
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

"Artcore" might be the least descriptive name for a music subgenre I can imagine, but whatever it is, I think I'm into it.

Polish punk. I generally don't listen to punk, but once in a while I like to expose myself to some dirty sound and angry vocals.

This is nothing like I remember. I certainly don't remember the rap parts... existing, at all? I'm not a rap fan but I'm pretty sure you have to be better at it than this guy to get a career in rap music.

I think I do still kind of like the Jennifer Lopez parts.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

I only just stumbled across The Oh Hellos' music a couple days ago, and I'm already in love. Notos in particular is a fantastic EP. Looking forward to the rest of Boreas when it drops in a couple weeks.

Roosevelt once did a song for The Flash a few years ago that I quite liked called Fever. His new stuff is even more retraux than that was, but it's pretty good.
    Surprisingly convincing song:

Been a while, it seems, since I posted black metal, so here it is. You don't really get to observe it on the street, but judging by the postings in Anglophonic internet, the scene seems to be very lively and I'm glad to see that.

Came for album title, stayed for the music.

The song is intended to sound to its Italian audience as if it is sung in English spoken with an American accent, vaguely reminiscent of Bob Dylan; however, the lyrics are deliberately unintelligible gibberish with the exception of the words "all right". Celentano's intention with the song was not to create a humorous novelty song but to explore communication barriers.

Suuuuure.
  • I remember nostalgiaing super hard the first time I heard Prisencolinensinainciusol, it sounded like what English sounded like before I learned it.
    I wish there were a Spanish equivalent somewhere.