If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

beats to post pepe to
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Few years ago it would be ambient electronica, now it's dungeon synth. Not that I mind it, though.

Kedr Livanskiy plus one not Kedr Livanskiy.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    bonus find: something rather different but also very nice

according to Google Translate, the title is
    Bless the Lord, my soul. (The first antiphon from the "Second Liturgy. St. Ivan Chrysostom") K. Stetsenko
    Presumably Stetsenko is the composer.

Kinda related.
  • edited 2023-08-16 22:35:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Jesus is the bass above which we sing
  • edited 2023-09-14 13:37:10

This is the theme song for the local radio show "Sundial" on WLRN.

siegebert

I'm onto something.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

Got reminded I used to have a thing for this shit. Kind of a missing link between dungeon synth, neofolk, and fucking nazi black metal. It's funny. Like, the internet is a wonderful thing, else you'd never know what's out there.
  • edited 2023-11-23 04:01:03
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Lately I've been into... Rick Astley I guess? This actually started years and years ago when I heard somebody cover Never Gonna Give You Up on the American version of The X Factor and I thought to myself "Hey, this song is more than a meme."

Anyways so he released this Cher-esque album in 2001 that kind of honestly sounds vaguely J-pop at times. Also, his aesthetics are great (look at that cover!) so yeah.

I've also been into Tears for Fears, and I understand that these were acts that were once extremely popular, but now nobody likes them (I mean, this album was apparently only released in Germany, which also kind of makes sense in a way since I like German music a lot) so this also satisfies my need to be needlessly contrarian about everything.
    Christmasssssssssssss

• edited 2023-12-23 14:17:21
    So inspired by CDJapan's article on the topic of Japanese Christmas songs, I felt it was way too mainstream and lacking a lot of the best Christmas songs I keep close to my heart. As such, I compiled my own list.

Sugawara Sayuri - Asu ni Naru Mae ni

Such a cute song by such an overlooked artist. I miss her old pre SxPLAY style, but I'm glad she put out such a great song (and single) whilst she was a solo artist rather than a solo "project".

Shimizu Shota - Fuyu ga Owaru Mae ni

I am not sure why 2011 was the year of the "Mae ni"/"Before [x] comes" songs, but I love both instances. Additionally, this is another artist whose style changed drastically later on (I really shouldn't rehash the Miliyah stuff for the 30th time so I'll leave it). I didn't realize how long this song was until this year, even though I genuinely do listen to it every Christmas.

lol - xmas kiss

It would not be a list by me without an lol song, especially since as a flagship dance-vocal unit they would have all these ridiculously gimmicky songs. The lyrics are cute, and the music is fun, so what more could you ask for?

TOHOSHINKI - Very Merry Christmas

As Koreans, TVXQ actually know Christmas exists for real and put out songs that are more Christmas themed than "oh wow isn't snow romantic?" without veering into outright Christianity. Again, this is a list by me of all people, so the really weird thing isn't that TVXQ are on this list, but why the list is missing FANTASTICS (answer; they somehow don't have a Winter ballad.

Crystal Kay - Nando demo

This song is somehow cuter than the songs on this list that are actually supposed to be cute. I have no idea how Crystal Kay pulled it off, but this Christmas song is definitely a keeper.

Ohashi Ayaka - Kimi ga Inai CHRISTMAS Nante

Of all the things in the world, I did not expect to run into a Christmas song smack dab in the middle of Ohashi Ayaka's sophomore album. Then again, this actually keeps happening with Japanese albums (Sexy Zone and Naniwa Danshi, both Johnny's er, uh, "SMILE-UP" units, did the same, and both during Summer months at that).

Frankly, this song is fun and peppy just like Ohashi Ayaka usually is, and it's almost barely a Christmas song, but that's part of the fun.

LiSA - Gift Gift

Another unexpected artist on this list is the Anison Powerhouse of the Decade, LiSA (you've probably all heard of a little song called Gurenge by now). Anyways, LiSA actually put out this extremely Christmassy song as a B-side to a fighting game song?

LiSA - Ring A Bell

This isn't 100% a Christmas themed song (ie at all), but I feel it really fits on any Christmas playlist.

Amuro Namie - Just You and I

I have no idea how nobody ever talks about this song. It's really quite amazing and by an amazingly popular artist towards the end of her much beloved career.

So that's all the songs I can name off the top of my head. I know there are more I've missed, but there's a lot of Japanese music out there, so there's no way I could get through it all.

New year, new German pop obsession. This time it's Gregor Hägele (I have mentioned Luca Hänni and Michael Schulte before right?). He seems to be on the rise, either that or he's just not as popular as performers like Wincent Weiss and Max Giesinger and will possibly never reach those heights.

Shout out to YouTube for shoving him into my feed constantly whilst I was trying to detox from German pop though.
    Meanwhile I'd like to post one of the recent dungeon synth pieces I've found worthy of a recommendation:

• edited 2024-03-17 15:06:54

I feel like this is a thing GMH needed to know about.

This is an official version by the way, from the Vocal Best album (I've been going through a lot of old albums lately).
  • edited 2024-03-25 09:07:07
    Oh yeah, I knew about this official English version of this song (that is totally gospel and it still surprises that this is a thing but it is definitely awesome).

The lyrics are a bit awkward in English, if I recall correctly. But, hey, it's still pretty cool.
    The Gospel of HeartCatch Pretty Cure, sure.
    お願いだから
    track 10 from the ViVid Strike soundtrack vol. 2
    composer: 吉川洋一郎
    データ~DATA~
    artist: dj A.Q.
    vocals: Miku Hatsune (vocaloid)
  • edited 2024-04-08 23:58:08
    a03ost_136

Atelier Lillie track in the Ayesha bonus tracks
    a song in C major, in 3/4 time, with a temporary sudden modulation to Ab major/F minor and back
    starts with a ii V iii vi ii V I progression

A person I'm acquainted to in real life plays in this band. I'm pretty sure they'd appreciate a few watchings from another continent.
    not bad, not bad