If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Videos you know you'll never use. (now SFW)

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

What if anime was invented in Poland. There are at least four episodes. Also, the girl doing the dubbing is better than most professionals.
  • edited 2023-11-02 07:45:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    now i'm curious; what's the plot of this

also that is pretty good dubbing, yes
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    It's more or less a slice-of-life kind of stuff. Janusz-san and his waifu watch TV, travel by car, go mushroom picking. I think the mushroom episode had more of a plot, but by then I was a bit overdosed to watch another full episode.

The funniest part is you can tell the dubbing is good despite not speaking the language. kawaii desu~~
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    well i'm just going by the expected voice timbre basically.
  • edited 2023-11-03 22:58:31
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

The second clip is more of a music video, but it's made of scenes from the same movie.

• > gck posting an anime Blender thing
    I'm pleased by this turn of events. And yeah, the dub sounds good.
    Related: I've always thought English dubs sound super weird and "singy".
  • edited 2023-11-06 10:22:40
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    tbh I'm kind of surprised none of you commented on that robot video I posted. I know I gave no context, but it's like, that was the joke.

So, for the context. (I'm assuming we don't yet need to move to Film thread.)

It's a cult children's movie from mid-eighties - basically a Star Wars rip-off, but explicitly meant as children's entertainment, and produced without any of the Hollywood F/X magic in ass-backwards depths of Eastern Europe - which I never got around to watch as a kid and never saw the appeal of, until I saw this scene. I mean, I have no idea what kind of an impression it would have left on me if I did watch it back in the day, but now, it looks to me like time-travelling agents of the commie secret police abducted Daft Punk and forced them to shoot the Sardaukar scene from Villeneuve's Dune. Or like some bizarre commie alternate universe CLU the genocidal dictator computer program from Tron: Legacy.

Like, for all I know, the rest of that movie looks like some silly-ass, fanciful, memetically bonkers shit of the kind that could only have been conceived by a boring old adult deeply convinced they have a good handle of what the kids would enjoy, until you get to the part where the genocidal robot army takes over the world. Singing about lasers cleansing the world of life. You know, for kids.

Although for what it's worth, this scene is not really brought up in discussions of childhood terrors; that would have been the heavy metal werewolf march.
  • edited 2023-11-07 10:24:32
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I've always thought English dubs sound super weird and "singy".
    They do. I've noticed that English cartoons sound much more natural than dubs. The only good dub that has ever existed is Eureka Seven, and even then it's just because I prefer Anemone's English voice.
  • edited 2023-11-09 05:13:18
    tbh I'm kind of surprised none of you commented on that robot video I posted. I know I gave no context, but it's like, that was the joke.
    tbh I wouldn't have thought of anything more insightful to say than "lol that's weird".
    In other stuff:

Inspired by penguin videos in suggestions.
  • edited 2023-12-09 05:06:07
    > Swiss spaghetti harvesting
    > penguin in existential crisis
    > Coral Springs Talk

y halo thar, welcome to my part of the country
    ahh, youtube shorts don't embed correctly

v_TiACkaN2k
  • I seem to be getting Duke Nuk'em recommendations lately:
  • edited 2023-12-28 06:01:11

tag yourself, i'm the first Touhou hijack followed by a Bb add6 chord
  • It took me way too long to realize you didn't mean Help me Eirin (the theme in the Touhou Hijack LOL video) or maybe Lunatic Princess itself.
    Let's see:
    Throughout - 20th Century Fox intro
    0:08 - Super Mario Bros. theme
    0:43 - Korobeiniki AKA the Tetris theme
    0:48 - U. N. Owen was her
    1:09 - Native Faith
    1:20 - Star Wars theme
    1:49 - U. N. Owen was her
    Touhou hijacking can take many forms.

I always felt Death Wish 3 the best part of the series.