If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Bovarian Mammarian
    the world is safe again

but for how long
  • edited 2018-04-05 19:30:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Italian politics is now a logic puzzle.

For reference:
    (PD = center-left, 5 Star = populist, Lega = far-right, Forza Italia = right). 5 Star, Lega, and Forza Italia did agree on splitting the presidencies of the Chamber of Deputies (went to 5 Star) and the Senate (went to Forza Italia), but agreeing on a Prime Minister and Cabinet is much harder. Until the parties come to an agreement, the incumbent PD government stays in place.
    (from this comment on Daily Kos)
  • edited 2018-04-05 20:35:06
    Things Florida Man has done:
    1. load iguanas in torpor into a pickup truck
    2. drive down road as they awaken
    3. cause traffic problems as a result

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2018/01/04/iguanas-are-falling-out-of-trees-in-florida-because-its-so-cold-please-dont-pick-them-up/?utm_term=.3440e0622efe
    Ron Magill of the Miami Zoo told WPLG TV in 2010 about a man who collected sleeping iguanas and threw them into the back of his station wagon. Then they awoke.

“All of a sudden these things are coming alive, crawling on his back and almost caused a wreck.”
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    what kind of reaction should this image be used for?
    https://neppedwaifu.deviantart.com/art/When-the-Pudding-is-just-right-624945068
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Italian politics is now a logic puzzle.

Well I mean M5S was like "We totally will never form a coalition because we're purity pure" so it's not like they started from a reasonable point anyways. If they hadn't been so ridiculous they might have figured out some prelim stuff before literally scrambling to figure out how to slot things in properly.

But starting from a populist point seems to always lead to "oh darn now we have power but it turns out to use power you must politic" so we have the founder of the movement being written out of history by a more charismatic and politics-capable person (not Johnny Beppe-kun* and Di Maio, respectively).

*yes i put an Aikatsu! reference in a serious politics post
  • I've somehow managed to make my phone's Youtube feed get filled with clickbait videos. The worst part is that sometimes it works.

Also I've been taking Mark Twain's advice to heart, to get practice at arguing on an idiot's level so that when others bring me to said level I'll also have experience to compete with.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    My car's lights went out. After my failing to find the dead fuse, it turned out both light bulbs left this world at the same time.
  • edited 2018-04-06 14:23:59
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    That sure is eerie.
    I've somehow managed to make my phone's Youtube feed get filled with clickbait videos.

YouTube's algorithm seems to be "you watched [whatever], and YT has a lot of [whatever] videos, so from now on you will watch nothing but [whatever]" ie it's probably not your fault.

My foray into what I would like to call normcore but is really just me getting into super-normal clothes with very little fuss makes me feel like I'm dressing straight out of a mid-tier magazine editorial sponsored by a dowdy big box store (are those even called editorials I do not know).

I guess it very much has to do with not wanting to come off as a member of the instagram generation because then that would definitely be super-normal, and normcore is a style that fits in there so therefore my contrarian nature means I just dress like an actually super-normal person which is abnormal because fashion is important now and you all have to express yourselves so [cyclical logic].
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    "normcore"
  • edited 2018-04-06 19:30:17
    [insert your favorite thing here]core
    [insert your least favorite thing here]core
  • edited 2018-04-06 19:32:41
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    cowcore
  • Touhoucore

Livercore
    I wonder why GMH posts in the anime thread always result in a ten essay-length posts in a row. I have to admit it's really fun when things get like this.

let's talk about LagRin next
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    my favorite anime is Teekyu
    my favorite anime is Teekyu

Do you have any demon stances? I'll trade you a giftcard for fashion and a half-digested gazelle carcass for them.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    d2eaf5d5ac526146cd262d1609366bf606deebc1.png
    > Isle Royale, almost the northernmost point in the U.S. state of Michigan, and the largest island in Lake Superior
    > Rock Harbor, one of only two access points for visitors to the island
    > Rock Harbor Lodge, the only hotel on the island

> Google Maps information:
    Hotel details

This remote lodge in Isle Royale National Park on Lake Superior is only accessible by ferry or seaplane.

Rustic wood cabins feature sofabeds, decks and outdoor bathrooms. Simple lakeside rooms offers private bathrooms, and balconies with seating. Cottages add kitchenettes and can sleep up to 6 guests.

Free breakfast is served in the casual restaurant. Other amenities include a lounge with a fireplace, coin-operated laundry facilities and boat rentals. There's also a grocery and fishing tackle shop.

Amenities:

Free breakfast
    Free parking
    Kid-friendly
    Restaurant
    Bar

For some reason, "Free breakfast" is greyed out and marked with a symbol implying it's not available.

But, and more amusingly...

> only accessible by ferry or seaplane
    > free parking

To be fair, there are some vehicles, and some roads, on the island. They don't extend very far. The island is a national park.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    free parking for your seaplane, presumably
  • edited 2018-04-10 05:18:51
    It took a while but after a few days I finally simultaneously have internet and electricity.

Everything has been tiresome lately. Also my head hurts.
  • So I just lost a bunch of work due to yet another blackout.

I still wonder why I put effort into things.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    This post is a lot more bitter read together with the previous one.
    That is true.

Well, hang in there~
  • edited 2018-04-11 22:16:24
    Well, fuck everything. I lost another bunch of work. This shit is not saving reliably and of course I can't just make sure everything is saved beforehand if there's a blackout.

At least I only lost about an hour of work this time. I think I figured out the problem (Google Drive, it's done things like this in Blender but at least in that case you get a warning).

Edit: No, actually I lost less time than that, at some point it did save some work.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Suerte, capitan.
  • Thank you both.

Google Drive seems to have been the culprit, how ironic. I'm very conscious of lost work and losing five minutes of it is enough to get me irritated, so of course losing hours of it like that is going to ruin my day. And of course even before taking lost work into account, blackouts suck.

On unrelated matters, you know how the Leaning Tower of Pisa was an accident but turned out into something unironically cool? I wonder what other accidental things where there that would've been as iconic as it but did get destroyed.
    http://app.streamsend.com/s/1/Cwfm/csEVDo4/h0lm7?social_bar_action=tab

Look at the address on the very bottom of the page.
    5/13 Great Suffolk Str.
    London, SE1 0NS
    United States
    wait what?
  • edited 2018-04-14 05:08:01
    I recently learned that the last friend I had who hadn't left the country or wasn't planning to, is planning to leave the country.

I've put it off for a long time but I think I have to start treating as an inevitability me eventually doing the same thing.

Sorry that I've been posting so much about myself and my problems lately, it's just that I've been having a lot on my mind. I think I'm going to snap.
    Don't apologize, it's more than understandable.
    Yeah, it's all fine.