If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Here in America we complain about capitalists instead
    Name:
    Local bogeyman group:
  • edited 2018-03-23 05:35:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/3/22/17146776/delete-facebook-difficult

opinion: this is just even more reason why divorcing from Facebook -- or making it a nonessential part of one's life -- is important.
  • Another uncle has passed away.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Sad to hear that. My condolences.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Sad to hear that. My condolences.

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    Sorry for your loss.
    Sorry to hear about your relatives passing away like this, Stormtroper.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Mi pesame, hombre,

I am back on a laptop
    Sup vandro! How has life been?
    Welcome back~!

The other day I was buying the novelization of Disney's Descendants 2 when I noticed that Brooklyn Beckham had a photobook out. Like, a serious book of photos. Not a book of photos of him. I looked it up online, and it turned out there had been a lot of backlash against it because people believed he would have never gotten the opportunity if his mother wasn't a Spice Girl and fashion brand owner plus his dad's football and modelling stuff I guess.

When I saw the pictures people were lampooning online, I felt they were trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. There's a weird exposure shot of an elephant passing some kind of dark thing people made a big deal of because he said elephants were "hard to photograph". I actually found it compelling.

So I shelled out for the book . It was not cheap, but it's also really nicely made; big and hardcover with a really nice soft backing. and Brooklyn Beckham is an actually good photographer. Who knew? Well, the people at Penguin who published this for one.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Ive been doing fine, thank you. watching netflix mostly
    There's a new cult in the Netherlands, or not, it's not like the BBC needs facts to know things.

I really like the poster though. It's always great when things are designed by somebody who doesn't care too much.
  • edited 2018-03-31 17:41:06
    "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Seems like your standard pyramid scheme of overexpensive books and courses in combo with self-help mumbo jumbo. Looks like a storm in a teacup, it sucks but isn't really doing anything worse than a thousand other quacks and mediums.
    [14:37:54] for some reason i have, in my downloads folder, a scan of a letter sent by a certain "Moses the Pant Ferret" to the Federal Election Commission, received 2018 January 17, indicating that he is withdrawing his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
    [14:38:20] Moses the Pant Ferret appears to live in Falls Church, Virginia. in case anyone ever wondered.
    This is a cute 404 page.

http://www.king5.com/home/blah (arbitrary URL, not actual 404 page URL)

ERROR

The case of this missing page is still unsolved ... but don't worry, we have our best investigative reporters tracking down leads.

Stay tuned...
  • edited 2018-04-02 09:22:10
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    My grandmother just called.

Her TV's freaking out.

She missed her Indian soaps last night.

She ended up admitting that she spent all night thinking about what she missed.

I guess I know where I get it from.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    First two lines made me imagine your grandmother was a character in a Japanese horror.

The next two made me think Sadako would be nonplussed.

"Young lady, I don't care if you crawled out of my TV or not, give me back my show or I will have a talk with your parents!"
  • edited 2018-04-02 13:24:38
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Grandma Update; her HDMI cable died (or was dying I guess). Ringu plots or not, it's all fixed now.

I've taken a liking to writing things set in Norway right now (for no meaningful reason and it's never crime fiction), so as part of my regular research I read some Norwegian news websites, which is where I learned about the Super Specific Easter Crime Fiction genre, and also the Kvikk Lunsj ("Quick Lunch", but a more accurate translation is is probably "the 'It is Not A Kit Kat' bar").
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    it snowed here last night.

WHY

WHY
    Kvikk Lunsj sounds like an alien from Star Wars
    hey @Bluesy_Cowgirl how well do you know Sherlock?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Not nearly as well as I should.
    Not nearly as well as I should.

Well, then, meet Sherlock.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    it's too bad the cowcopter never got past the prototype stage
  • My browser takes me to the https version of this site on default but now I'm getting "privacy error" so I have to manually remove that one s.

This feels like something somebody should look into or whatever.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I got that message too but now it's gone
    [21:02:25] [Unknown_Entity] there we go, fixed