If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2017-09-29 18:06:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ahh, I found this t-shirt again!
    TOP TEN REASONS TO BE CHEME@MIT:

(10) Make MATLAB your b*tch
    (9) Premed was too easy
    (8) You're quasi Course 7, 2, and 5
    (7) Hell at MIT wasn't hot enough
    (6) If it's steady, it's simple
    (5) We can do it in packed beds
    (4) 10.301 blows flows
    (3) You know more about your classmates than your own roommates
    (2) You can take an open book exam, get 14/100, and pass
    (1) The relationship between the volume flow rate, Q, and the pressure drop per period, L, in a sinusoidal pipe with radius, R(z) = Ro*[1+epsilon*sin(2*pi*z/L)] is:

Q = [pi*(po - pL) Ro^4]/[8*mu*L*(1 - 5*epsilon^2 + ... )]

Duh.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Blame Tippi Hendren.
  • I feel like I should be able to figure out the volumetric flow one besides looking it up a table, but I don't.

Also, every bootstrap website ever: http://adventurega.me/bootstrap/#
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Alexander Wang Collaborates With Judith Leiber; The limited-edition bag looks like a roll of $100 bills.

never change, fashion
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Things that have striking color palettes:
    * Latin-American folk art
    * anime

Things that do not have striking color palettes:
    * western videogames
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    real is brown!
  • edited 2017-08-31 21:48:26
    There's lots of anime with poor color. Like how the early noughties had such weird saturatiom and (lack of) shading. Or how every version of Fate/stay Night looks like somebody poured blue all over the screen.
  • You know, after all these years I wonder if the "using one color to hide lack of indirect light" thing is true, it's more conspicuous than said lack of indirect light and doesn't make it that hard to notice anyways. I'd wagger it's more often than not a style choice.
    Monogatari's colors have always been a terribly dense brown/purple/red/gray, to the point that early on I assumed it was meant to take place in the 1970s or something.

After watching a bunch of Kyoryuuger and Degrassi - Next Class, I was really struck by how grey an episode of Madam Secretary looked. I mean, obviously stylistic choices, but I was still disappointed.
  • goQDPVr.jpg

UmqInJF.jpg

Having one of those "I can't recall ever wanting something as much as this" moments.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I'm not one to indulge in such things, but if I did it would probably be something more like this.

tumblr_mr5l1bEtGx1seollqo1_500.jpg
    She's also nuts.
  • edited 2017-09-01 20:57:13
    Funny you'd say that about her but not the one who kicked off her career by claiming to hear voices in her head.
    I'd like to somehow come off as a more "proper" person but the only times I've remembered to buy figures at all anymore involved vaguely fanservicey Free! guys from the land of "nobody seems to own a shirt that fits".
  • I've thought that at some point I should get figures for modeling purposes.

3D has been on my mind a lot lately. I've also been thinking about monetizing it. Also I learned a bunch of stuff for cake-making.

On unrelated news, I just learned that changing the order of terms in an infinite series can change its result (or make it diverge).

Also, today I learned the awkward fact that my father had wanted to be a guerrilla fighter.
    It's always weird to learn new things about your parents but that is a major biggie.
  • ikr

He wanted to quit his studies and go join a guerrilla, but my mother convinced him to continue said studies, and by the time he was done he no longer wanted to. This is proof that university makes you do weird stuff.

Also this was during the early 70s, i.e. when the guerrilla movement was on its death throes, so it was a particularly bad time to join in.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    My father once told me that he could never have made it in the military, that the military lifestyle just isn't something he could've adjusted to.

I thought this was a cool thing to say, since I always felt the same way.
  • I can't see myself adjusting to the military life either. It seems so unforgiving.
    I just learned that lots of tech companies are floating their "stock"* self-backed* share systems outside of regulatory framework.

I feel like every single time somebody does this sort of ridiculously stupid thing they should be forced to look at a flashing disco gif with the text "THIS SHOULD END WELL".

I genuinely though hyperinflated IPOs like Snap's were the worst the tech industry could do but nooooooooooooooo

*literally not stock or backed by any security in any form
    *literally ripoff bitcoins they made up themselves, they could literally be in the form of actual trading cards as far as I know
  • Maaan, trading cards, I'd have loads of money right now if my friend didn't think it'd be a good idea to sell my artifact lands ages ago. Time has been kind to Mirrodin commons' prices.
  • edited 2017-09-05 17:39:04

I can't believe I heard of this just hours after getting Bedivere to max level in Grand Order.
    The other day my father revealed his True hipster level by stating that there were no circumstances under which tea made using a bag (as opposed to loose leaves) could be considered "real" tea.
  • I've tried, but I've never been able to tolerate any kind of tea. Except iced tea.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I can't even tolerate iced tea.
    I drink tea at Chinese restaurants and also occasionally. It's nice, but I don't go out of my way to seek it out.
    I started drinking tea after an episode of Lady Jewelpet* about how true ladies know how to prepare proper tea, but a while after I dropped that I quit drinking tea too.

*it also taught me that if you ever need to take a selfie, it should be from a perfect 45 degree angle with your arm outstretched.
  • edited 2017-09-11 07:10:54
    I only recently learned about the shadows of Hiroshima. Eerie.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'm a tea person, although I make no claim at all to sophistication.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    shadows of Hiroshima?