If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Trump is, unfortunately, an attention sink. He's basically a novelty generator. A highly offensive one, but that's part of his novelty value; that's why some people say he's "refreshing" and otherwise gratifying. Righteous indignation against him is, while something that's supposed to happen, also unfortunately just gives him more attention.
  • edited 2017-10-12 06:16:35
    I feel that thinking about my own problems makes me more empathetic towards other people's problems.

Anyhows, dead pixels update: The longest line is 124 pixels long (nearly 3cm, it's a TV), the rate of pixel death seems to have been increasing, the smaller line has had its dead pixels, but at a lesser rate. And sad news, it is spreading horizontally, the red and green parts of three pixels *two pixels high) died around the early death area. I wonder if it's too inconvenient for 3D modeling (one has to keep watch of artifacts and stuff, and maybe I won't see it if I keep ignoring the part with those blue lines.

Edit: Another one showed up while I was making this post. Make that four off-line dead pixels, three pixels high.

Edit edit: Also, I feel like I haven't been productive the last two days. Maybe it's time for another no-browsing cold-turkey thing.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    that feel when your job literally is liquid crystal displays yet you all you can do is post feel-for-you-bro posts
  • Ooooh, sounds like a fancy job.

I know that feel, it happens all the time to me when there's something I've studied that needs repairing but I can't repair it.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Harvey Weinstein apparently sexually harassed literally all of the actresses.

That is 2/2 of the IRL people who showed up in My Scene Goes Hollywood making the whole thing super uncomfortable in hindsight. Though Lindsay Lohan didn't sexually assault anyone, at least.

Also, I'll never watch Project Runway without thinking about this ever, All Stars is worse, because Georgina Chapman (his soon to be ex-wife) is a judge there.
    okay someone explain to me what the deal is with szechuan sauce, McDonald's, and Rick and Morty fans?
  • edited 2017-10-13 07:35:16
    People made a huge deal out of a random gag from some cartoon. Said gag referenced some old McDonald's promotional thing from the '90s.

"Szechuan sauce" (which isn't really a specific term except in regards to the specific McDonald's item, as far as I can tell) was among the super limited items for some special promotion earlier this month, and the participating McDonald's outlets were pretty horrifically understocked on it (and presumably the other promotional sauces).

Most of this I got from this thread.
  • edited 2017-10-13 07:52:10
    i7pKI2f.jpg

Dead pixel update: I've started recording pixel death. On the upper side of the left line about 10.5 pixels die per hour, it's much slower on the lower side. On the right line I only noticed one death on the upper side and one on the lower side. Several did die on the right side, however, making the right line noticeably thicker at two pixels wide.

Also, two pixels have had their green part die without the red part also dying, which hadn't happened yet.

I wonder if it's straining on the eyes to watch a teal screen for long.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    It was good fodder for the folks who were trying to turn Rick and Morty into the new South Park; ie, being a fan is a sign of Redditorship and thinking moral nihilism makes you the superior intelligence. The folks in question usually have their brain leaking out of their ears from too much irony on Twitter or shitposting on the chans, so take that with a pinch of salt.
  • When I was a kid I thought it would be cool if there were an animation made out of paintings rather than drawings.

It took a while but they finally made it:

• It's a miracle! The dead pixels are coming back to life, they're lighting up steadily towards the top of the screen (oh yeah, the line of dead pixels reached the top of the screen already). The original splotch of dead pixels is still there, though. Hopefully it won't spread again. (It's also the part I tried methods to get it fixed, I hope that's not the reason it's not recovering.)

At any rate, this is satisfying to watch.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Heh heh... heh heh heh heh. Looks like I completed my current level of education. I'm now officially qualified to work in retail stores and as a junior helper in handyman and construction work.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    uh, congratulations
    That's great! Good luck with stuff going forward~
  • Sounds handy. And constructive. And that the future has things in store for you.
  • edited 2017-10-19 06:04:04
    I just found out I had a strand of grey hair.

MTurk has stopped being as productive as it was two weeks ago. The requesters I worked for are nowhere to be seen and for the most part I haven't found good ones since. That said, unreliable as it is, working on hipster Pinterest searches is still fast and easy.

On dead pixel updates, the original splotch has been expanding, but very slowly. On the downside loads of lines of dead appeared on the top right side of the screen (i.e. far away from the splotch) and have spread downwards quickly. It looks like ̟̺̜̙z̴̡̢͔̘̪̲͛̓͋̃̃̕ả̸̡̹̭̝̞͍̱̆̋̽̉͂͐̚̕ľ̡̨̙̮̟͚͇̄͐́͡g̶̼̫̖̫̱̖̀̆͋͒́̕͜o̢̳̼̗̘̼̤̖͖͌̊̏͗͒͐̚ h̨̨̟͉̫̭̼́͑̄̾͜͢͡a̶̺͍͚̳̗͓̥̜̖̳̍̎̾͐̌̀̎͝s̨̩̮̥͉̥͖̪̠̒̌̑̑͌̕ c̨̟̮͕̮͍̰̟̎͑̿͒͘͢ͅǫ͕̺̝̰͖́̈́̓̂͝m͔̰̲̻͚̥̂͗̿͌̍͑̐̈́̈́͢͠e̦͇͙͉̩̞͓̥̙̋̓͆̿͟͝ except in colour.

Maybe once the dead pixel lines reach the other side of the screen they'll reincarnate again, thus continuing the cycle of life and death in my screen.
    the game of life?
    fun nonsense: literally talking about geographic elevation but making it sound like i'm talking about drugs
  • edited 2017-10-19 07:32:36
    They started "jumping ahead of the line" spreading dots way further and leaving what looks as if I had used a bit of a spray tool.

I bet if I disassemble then reassemble this thing it'll get fixed. Not gonna risk damaging it though.

^^ Speaking of professor Conway, I just learned about Conway's base 13 function (tl;dr: a function that contains every real number in every interval (of non-zero length)). I've considering studying analysis so I can understand stuff like that but I still haven't finished the MIT course I was still into since ages ago and last time I tried doing more than one it didn't end well.
    This sounds like it should be obvious; but there are way too many fashion brands (even in the top tier) demanding your attention 24/7 for you to be able to stay abreast of all the trends unless that's your whole job.

In fact, the top tier of fashion brands is kind of a nightmarish mess that is best compared to comic book collectors if that involved like, 10 times the money.

Plus, what is really the difference between brands like Chloe and Etro and Hermes aside from "pricepoint"* and "exclusivity"*.

It's best to just stick to caring about the brands that are actually doing stuff you think is cool. It turns out, this includes Alice+Olivia, who I thought had died way back in the era of BCBG before that was BCBGMAXAZRIA.

And people think idols have the market cornered on weird names.

*okay actually I have never seen an Etro thing I have thought anybody on the planet would want to wear

*I am so annoyed at fashion pricing, "It'll last forever" means nothing if you still try and sell me new stuff 6 times a year. "Pre-fall" capsule collections? Really? What even is a "Resort" collection? is the one acceptable vacation for fashion people a tropical resort?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    fashion is a bizarre thing
  • fashion is a bizarre thing
    Text on a wall: "You only live once. Fortunately."
    Still, though, collectively, that's a lot of lives all using the "yolo" tag.
    I saw a video making mangú with "los tres golpes" (i.e. salami, fried cheese, and onions) and now I want to eat that dish.

Also, YouTube's language auto-detector is lulz. It thinks this is Portuguese.
    Today at work I looked over and catalogued some backed-up invoices from one of our suppliers, who died about a month ago. Like always, they had his signature on them.

I don't know how to describe the feeling I had holding a deceased person's work, especially when it was so recent. It was more morbid that I would have expected.