If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Bovarian Mammarian
    where is Belphegor University
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, I'm not a student...if anything my role is more architect than anything else!
  •  Belphegor University

...the demon of Sloth?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ...the Phantom of the Louvre?
  • So is this the abandoned school building you haven't given me a room in?
  • edited 2017-05-01 00:38:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Belphegor University (home of the Sagacious Salamanders) is a postsecondary institution inspired by Belphegor Academy, which is (partially) the setting of the game eXceed 3rd.  I felt that the setting of this game was relatively undeveloped yet it has a cast of rather interesting characters and a storyline with a bit of a darkly humorous streak, so I wanted to do something with it.  Meanwhile, I've also had various ideas for a university campus and various facilities, partly inspired by my experiences (or ways I would have liked to see things turn out), partly inspired by some crazy ideas as well as dreams.  (I do actually often dream of interesting architecture.)

So basically I started imagining a university, one in a world based on our own but with magic as much as thing and as pervasive as technology, and also with a general spirit of "throw it in" with regards to the implementation of ideas, architectural and otherwise.  Basically, the kind of thing that setting that would inspire amusing anecdotes, as well as have things like signage for floating car parking (as if it was entirely mundane) or a crater in the middle of campus because someone's magical experiment went wrong (or possibly, right).

I wrote up a series of posts gradually (albeit slowly) coming up with various details; they're up at HH but I think I might repost them and put new posts here.  Would be pretty entertained if I got more participation in terms of characters, university facilities and functions, etc., and I think some of y'all probably would be more receptive to its style.

Naas: You can certainly have a room in an abandoned school building, or perhaps even an entire abandoned school building, since it's an amusing idea to have an abandoned school building on campus.  (Thanks for the idea!)

(FWIW I'm not sure how my setting ties in with eXceed 3rd's setting; it might not directly, but instead be a sort of alternate-universe.)
  • edited 2017-05-01 01:10:58
    where is Belphegor University

It's located in the town of Lemure, Kansas.  A satellite campus is located in Manes, Oklahoma.
  • Why the fuck would heapers care about Exceed 3rd. They don't play shmups. And no, The Binding of Isaac/Nuclear Throne/Enter the Gungeon/[insert neo-roguelike action-rpg with danmaku-esque bullet patterns] is not a shmup. Tensei had a few easy 1ccs, literally like 10+ years ago. That's it. Post your shmup fan fiction here where at least someone will give a shit.
    I don't play very many shmups but I found eXceed 3rd to have a fun storyline and interesting characters.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    this is hardcore shmupery
  • edited 2017-05-01 07:34:12
    this is hardcore shmupery
    Hardcore shmupery?

THIS!
    IS!
    EXCEED!! *kicks you into a pit...unless you dodge*
  • edited 2017-05-01 08:18:38
    Hardcore shmupery?

THIS!

IS!

EXCEED!! *kicks you into a pit...unless you dodge*

:‌|
  • Gotta agree, that was awkward.

Besides that, sometimes I feel like something of a shmup faker over the fact that most of my time playing shmups has been Touhou.
  • edited 2017-05-01 14:03:50
    I think I like shmups but like... compared to e.g. rhythm games it feels like they're basically 100% stressful (not in a bad way though) all the time so I basically never play them, and then consequently am bad at them, and so it means playing them is more stressful, etc.
    ...yeah, that was a lame joke.  Sorry.
  • ^^ For me it's the other way around, I find it relaxing, at least outside the really hard parts. Basically this:

• You're not a faker if you cleared Lunatic.
  • It's not so much in terms of skill but in terms of medium-awareness/'culture', like, there are loads of shmups out there but I only focus on Touhou ones.
  • It's a common scrub fallacy that playing lots of shmups makes you cool. It's not about how many shmups you play, it's about what you can do with them.
  • Ahhh, I see. I think I should be fine, then. Thanks!
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I beat Zero Wing on easy mode
  • What's the relationship between Zero Wing and fourteenwings?
  • Great justice.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    take off every zig!!!
  • I beat Zero Wing on easy mode
    Neato. It is an okay game with good music and dank memes.
    Do you have an opinion on Eden's Aegis?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    the dankest of the memes
    yesterday sucked, and so has this past night

still havem;t gptten sleep
  • Do you have an opinion on Eden's Aegis?
    It's very fun and has nice music. It's a lot like a Cave game but less difficult and complex.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I recieved a text.

A text from him.