If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2017-02-03 19:32:38
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    So next weekend I'll be taking part in a local Game Jam. Should be fun.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Good luck!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Bring us glory.
  • Sounds fun. Good luck!
    Apparently a Windows version of Skies of Arcadia was in the works when the GameCube version came out, along with a PS2 version.  But it was cancelled.

I wonder if it might get revived given how well PS2-era JRPGs are doing on PC these days.
  • For some reason I found MoF much easier than the others and could 1cc it easily, but with time I lost my ability to do it.
    Fuck yeah! I felt bad for getting worse at Toehoe after I more-or-less stopped playing it, but just now I downloaded Mountain of Faith again and 1cced it in Lunatic on my first try. Suck it, Kanako!
    How should I play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones?

Should I try to optimize or should I just let things go?
    Should I try to keep everyone alive?
    Should I try to steal everything?
    Should I only save at normal points or use savestates?  If I use savestates should I use a branching system such that I can go back to multiple points?
  • Fuck yeah! I felt bad for getting worse at Toehoe after I more-or-less stopped playing it, but just now I downloaded Mountain of Faith again and 1cced it in Lunatic on my first try. Suck it, Kanako!
    A fellow Touhou expatriate, I see. I used to play on Lunatic too. I've completely left the fandom finally because what little is left of the English speaking fandom is pretty horrible.
  • > English speaking fandom
    > not spending your time weebing on Nico Nico Douga
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    How should I play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones?

Should I try to optimize or should I just let things go?
    Should I try to keep everyone alive?
    Should I try to steal everything?
    Should I only save at normal points or use savestates?  If I use savestates should I use a branching system such that I can go back to multiple points?

Savestates to acquire Enemy-First characters, no savestates for battle miscalculations or death crits. 

They crit you, you accept your death.
  • I never use save states in anything~ ^w^
    A game that caught my attention only because I've lived in Virginia before: https://www.gog.com/game/virginia

Anyway, speaking of games, I had been looking for two things: a builder/architecture sim and a fantasy JRPG.  I've kinda already typed up the request twice already so I'll just link both versions:
    http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/index.php?showtopic=17490
    http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/143388408897876400/

In short, the first one seems to be pointing me toward Cities: Skylines or The Sims, depending on whether I want a broader-scale city-building sim or a finer-scale architecture/interior design sim.  (Also just now noticed that Cities: Skylines isn't on GOG yet.  I guess I'll wait...)

The second one, I actually wrote up a shortlist of games to consider:
    Dragon Age Origins
    Helen's Mysterious Castle
    Phantasy Star 1
    Valkyrie Profile
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Fire Emblem 8: the Sacred Stones

Then earlier today, I was reminded that Jeanne d'Arc exists on the PSP.
  • So next weekend I'll be taking part in a local Game Jam. Should be fun.

Huh, I just learned we also have a Game Jam here.

Hmmmm...
  • What am I going to do with my life when I finally catch every species of pokemon? Honestly I think the reason I indulge in such autism is that I want to pretend my life isn't what it is. At least I have a friendly date this weekend. >>
    You say "autism" like it's a bad thing, but (1) autism isn't a bad thing, and (2) wanting to catch all the Pokémon is a fun thing that many, many people would like to do.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Anyone here played the Thief series? Except for Weaver, I know he did. (Well, except he doesn't really count as "someone here", since he isn't a regular these days.)
    I have the first three games and I have yet to play them.  I mean to at some point though.
    So do I. I mean, I have the three. Got such a combo from a gaming magazine, buying it was decidedly a good idea. (Not buying the issue with Deus Ex: Human Revolution was the bad one.) Finished the first, finished the second, then the Shadows of the Metal Age mod. Gotta complete the last one, I'm near the end so I guess I'll get to it finally. TVT says there's a couple of good fan missions, too. One day I'm gonna try the one that caused a heart attack.
  • edited 2017-02-11 07:53:32
    Game Jam, day 1, a summary:
    Me: I need to find a team to work with.
    Complete stranger: Hey, I was initially planning to do a solo project, but can you make me some art?
    Me: I mean, I dunno if it'll be any good, but I can try.
    And thus began a beautiful friendship.
  • edited 2017-02-11 08:52:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm satisfying my craving for a JRPG with a female knight protagonist, with Jeanne d'Arc.

As for a city builder, I think I missed the sale on Cities: Skylines.  Oh well.  I can pick it up later.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Game Jam, day 2. Project is coming along nicely. Spent the day making and tweaking some simple pixel art. I've done pretty much all I can on my end; most of what's left is code work.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    There are no Game Jams where I live. 

But there is an Arcade...that's struggling to stay open. They almost file for bankruptcy three times a year.
  • I figure it's a great opportunity to get to know nearby developers.

^^ Don't forget to post it here!
    Vorpy wrote: »
    There are no Game Jams where I live. 

But there is an Arcade...that's struggling to stay open. They almost file for bankruptcy three times a year.

I feel bad for that, even though I'm not an arcade gamer myself and I can't do anything to help them even if I were.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Game Jam, final day: The game turned out well, and a lot of people really enjoyed it! The event as a whole was quite fun, and I look forward to the next one, whenever that may be.
    It is too much to hope it's freeware, is it. In any case, tell us what was it about.
  • edited 2017-02-13 16:50:06
    Multiplayer arena shooter (the programmer's a fan of Towerfall and wanted to make something similar). Twin-stick controls, gravity manipulation, and randomly generated maps. He mentioned that he considered putting it on .io at some point; if he does, I'll let you know.
    Sounds fun at parties. Thanks.
  • I got to check out a Round 1 this weekend. They have some cool classic games but sadly corporate insists that they be on 16:9 monitors despite being 4:3 (*cringes very hard*). The real attraction is that it has all the hottest new music games in sexy HD. I played DDR A for three glorious hours.
    What's a Round 1?