If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I don't feel very good at the fact that I've done nothing during this entire December break.
  • Just finished watching the fireworks.

Happy New Year, everyone!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Happy New Year!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Fun fact: the planetary system around the pulsar PSR 1257+12 - the first extrasolar planetary system to be discovered - has been named. It is now the Lich system. The planets are Draugr, Poltergeist, and Phobetor. (The last name refers to some Greek god of nightmares.)

Pretty cool, eh?

• So we're going to be theme-naming planets within a solar system, huh.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Apparently there was some voting going on, but I heard of it only after the results were described in my default media source. Thank God-Emperor that the Internet hasn't yet found out, for we'd have planet Adolf Hitler in system Longcat.
    So I'm finding myself liking RWBY but not being enthused about watching more episodes.
  • edited 2016-01-05 17:05:18
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "Do you know why people have two hands?  It's so that they can hold a sword in one hand and sincerity in the other.  Even if they fight with one hand, they can shake hands with the other and make up."
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    While I agree with the assertion that the human hand is designed primarily for the manipulation of a sword, I can't help but note that an empty hand is a wasted hand. 
    - Paulo Coelho
  • One hand is for the sword, the other one is for the mouse. 
    I see what you did there.
    One hand is for the sword, the other one is for the mouse. 

oh shit guys looks like we have a classical fencer in the house 

best remember to step sideways

This is a reference to the divisive world of fencing politics and is not meant to undermine any member of IJBM. Just people who don't know how to strafe. :U
  • I've actually tried that for a bit and I'm not sure how much I liked the style.

Spoiler:
    In fact I'm still on the fence.

good
    Kicked my older brother out of the house today. Probably should have done that a long time ago. 

Bond broken. And I'm okay with that. 
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Yikes. But if you feel that's the right course of action, good for you.
    FYI @MadassAlex you can create a members-only thread here now.  There's a category for that.
  • Ouch. Hope things work out in the end.

Anyhows, look what I found.

I just found out this very forum has been used as a reference in a KnowYourMeme entry on "nightcore".

Nightcore entry

The relevant thread

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    Surprised GMH didn't start that thread.
    Suddenly I want to eat cheapo fried chicken wings.
  • >Someone on FB using "nedercucks"
    Badly translated nrx politics coming to the Netherlands, I love it. 
    Intended use of mechanical pencils: always sharp and suited for note-taking, graphic design work, diagram drawing, etc.

Actual use of mechanical pencils: poking holes in erasers

(The eraser I'm using was picked up from...who knows where.  I don't even remember.  Years ago.  It contains a number of mechanical pencil holes on one side of it.)
  • I do that sometimes when I have an extra eraser lying around, though I always regret it later
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I think I shoulda bootleggled The force awakakin skywalkers so I could avoid the nerdcucks on-

I WAS SPOILED OF STAH WAHS AND NOW I REGRET ANGRY
  • I didn't do anything this December break. I almost only read news, played a little bit of Touhou and X-COM and that's about it. Gee. 
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Apparently "Postgraduate" is code for "Wednesdays and Fridays off but with so much work we're basically tricking you into learning to homeschool yourself".