If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Funny thing is how I occasionally get into disputes with some people on HH about their ragging on TVT. (Not going into more detail because, y'know, drama exportation.)

Though to be honest that's usually less about the quality of TVT and more about whether/how TVT is a useful website for, say, narrative analysis.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    HH?
    Heapers' Hangout, our fellow TVT spinoff community that was also founded back in 2011 and also happens to run Vanilla forum software. We have some members in common, though the focus of each forum is different.

I've never heard of it?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    You still active at TVT? (@ Vorpy.)
  • TVT could implode in drama and most of the forum probably wouldn't notice. I believe the most dramy thing we've had in the last two years or so was Gamergate fallout. By now we're too few to have drama of our own, I guess.

I don't go to TVT anymore (forum), I read the pages and complain to myself when the funny pages I liked cease to be funny and get spammed with UNFORTUNATE IMPLICATIONS (BEWARE OF HURT FEELINGS) and [WARNING THIS IS 2015 AND LGBTQ VIEWS MATTER TO DESPITE THIS PAGE BEING ABOUT AGENDERED CARNIVOROUS REPTILES IN FICTION]

I liked it better when it was clever and funny rather than what it is now. Sure some of the in-jokes were annoying because I didn't get them, but now it seems dry.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

For sake of completeness, I'm pretty sure TVT forum could also implode in drama with no reflection on the wiki.

Heh. This reminds me of an anecdote which is unrelated, but I'm gonna tell it 'cause fun.  There was once that one crazy commie on TVT, and by "crazy commie" I mean he claimed Nineteen Eighty-Four is capitalist propaganda. He kept low on the forums, but somehow, all of his work under the policy of No Real Life Examples removed real life examples from those pages which reflected badly on Marxism-Leninism. You know, like the entry for Reign of Terror as a trope.

That's so Wikipedian of him. Did he ever get caught?

He left on his own, citing philosophical differences as the reason. 
    how could 1984 be capitalist propaganda anyway? That future could occur regardless of _____(can't think of the word, government type?)

Here it is anyway.

I'd assume he's a troll, but he kept up the act. Hmmm. Perhaps he was (yet another Goon perhaps?), and the "philosophical differences" were that it wasn't fun when nobody stood to oppose him. But then, he didn't get in the forum discussions, which would give him ample opportunity. So, who knows.

Maybe he was GAR for archer. Either way, the "philosophical differences" people usually consider "they can never change my mind" as winning, so the only way to defeat them is to be apathetic. But even then, they can declare that a "victory" and continue on their self-absorbed dick-measuring campaign. "woooo they're so dumb they feign apathy! I am the most intelligent"
  • >doublethink is a disparaging term for dialectical materialism
    Tastes strongly of troll. Then again, tankies(does a Lenin defender counts as a tankie?) are not that bright: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq0bA1ZExU
    > Agendered Carnivorous Reptiles in Fiction

good band name

But yeah, somebody going on about how the Indominus Rex only killed for sport because she didn't have a gender identity due to isolation, or some shit. The amount of retardium laced in that post was so bad I deleted it without a single comment.

• >2015
    >Still taking dialectic materialism (isn't it materialist dialectic?) seriously

Popper died for your sins.
  • Dianetical materialism: all of history is a result of conflicts between thetans caused by bodily needs. 
  • *shrug* doesn't seem like a troll to me.
    The Internet bestows on its long-time residents a peculiar form of paranoia.
  • The perfect bait: "Arab culture has contributed zero to Western society." 
  • I think no one can dispute that Kebab are delicious.
  • edited 2015-11-27 13:49:25
    Diet NEET
    Indeed, with fava beans and a nice chianti.

For anyone who missed it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_(number)#Transmission_to_Europe

I thought the perfect bait is "atheism is the religion whose followers are easiest to troll", but yours is quite commendable.

Now, for something more personal.

That feel when you spend the whole day calibrating your differential scanning calorimeter and in the end the results for your reference sample are even worse than before. Feels like sad frog, man.

• edited 2015-11-27 23:17:18
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The perfect bait: "Arab culture has contributed zero to Western society." 

wat u did thar, i c it
    lrdgck wrote: »

I thought the perfect bait is "atheism is the religion whose followers are easiest to troll", but yours is quite commendable.

Now, for something more personal.

That feel when you spend the whole day calibrating your differential scanning calorimeter and in the end the results for your reference sample are even worse than before. Feels like sad frog, man.

Also a nice bait.

And yeah, being at the mercy of the machines isn't nice when they start acting up.  A few days on my job, it seemed like someone put swimming pool water into the deionized water container, and thus instead of 7 microsiemens the default reading on the conductivity probe was like 350 microsiemens.
    I can certainly relate to that. We've got a deionizer, but unless you spend half an hour flushing the stale water and waiting for fresh, anything you can get stinks like it's straight from the sewers. Staying too long in the tank, seems like. So far we've been asking next door whenever we wanted to make sure the water is clean, but checking the conductivity sounds an idea I'd try.

OH I GET IT

The arabs made the concept of 0 which did not exist previously as a value

• edited 2015-11-30 04:22:45
    I think it's more so that it came to the west through the Arabs, though it originated in India.

That and the system of so-called "Arabic numerals" as a whole.  Probably invented in India, then used by Persian and Arab mathematicians who gradually introduced it westward until it reached Europe, which then spread it everywhere else.
  • edited 2015-12-02 23:54:11
    IJBM: Can't have an actual discussion about social justice issues on the internet, because people love crusading against SJWs.

Well, congrats, you're as bad as the "SJWs" you rail against.

By the way, being more rude doesn't automatically make your point any more valid.

Also, just because I remain polite and avoid using expletives doesn't mean I don't know how, fucker.

• Just call them fauxgressives and say it's much easier to nuke SJ arguments from the left side(any "kill all men" variations are ableist and transphobic because those classes get hit the hardest by it, any frustration about how men are animals because lust will be problematic towards black men because a past of lynchings for said reasons, etc.).