If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So I walk past that statue, and there's, like, a rat on its arms. So I'm thinking, wait a second. Gregor Mendel that sure ain't, and he bred peas anyway, not rats. Then the girl walking along notices it too. The rat ain't made of stone like I thought before, turns out. Colour was misleading. Quite similar, you know. The rat's fur was some pearly shade of white, a bit like the statue's stone when you looked at it from afar. They have a taxidermy class at biology, she explains to me, so seems like some student must've been in a pranking mood today.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So, turned out one of my buddies once downed a half-litre of vodka in one go and hit on the other buddy thinking he (the other one) was a woman. I thought he had stronger head.
  • I parsed ´had´ as ´gave´ the first time. 
    Nah, they stopped before it came to that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ninjas risk political marginalisation, innit?
  • edited 2015-06-23 21:26:20
    Diet NEET
    Huh, I still have to pay two years of contribution to the local division, wonder if they've actually got their shit in order these days. 
    Local division of what?
  • Pirate Party.
    So, you could say your membership in the party is, like, pirated?
  • Yes, I volunteered for the member council but after one disastrous meeting I missed all of them yet stayed on the mailing list for the drama. 

stayed on the mailing list for the drama

I can't say I couldn't have expected that from you. While I'm at it - what kind of drama is going on in this kind of a political party? Too non-mainstream for thievery, and doesn't sound like ideological arguments.

• Occupy types versus arrogant suit-and-tie folks, mixed in with someone being a sleazebag to someone's friend. It didn't happen at a party event itself, so why they'd waste half of a membership council meeting on it is beyond me. 
    Doing a bit of diving into the archive of this thread.

In just under two months, @Nyktos turns 22.
  • a little muffled
    In just under two months, @Nyktos turns 22.
    good to know
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    After much thought and a single piece of chocolate with popping candy in it, I realized that popping candy was a novelty with a very short lifespan.
    What's popping candy?
  • a little muffled
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know the easiest place to sign up for a free email address that is not connected in any way to my real-life name (and does not require eg. a phone number)? This seems to be a lot harder than it used to be...
  • I use Yandex and haven't had any problems with it. It does ask for your real name but obviously you can just lie, and it doesn't require a phone number (it asks for one, but you can opt to just do a security question/answer instead).
  • a little muffled
    Thanks, that looks good.
    I think Outlook/Live might work?

Also there's always that weird obscure little Chat4All service.
  •  >See username of old IJBM member on le Ribbit
    >Vaguely remember him as annoying, condescending and self-righteous, but not sure why
    >Turns out to be mod of SRS-affiliated subforum
    Confirmation bias ahoy.
    What's SRS?
  • Shit Reddit Says, a community that exists to snark at problematic comments in the rest of the site. They have a penchant for nicking inactive mod positions of other subs and sanitizing them using rather heavy-handed speech codes. On a good day, they're actually pretty consistent in calling out problematic behaviour even when it comes from within their own ranks. On a bad day, it's shitfits over minor things, brigading, excusing abusers who spout the right phrases(Laurelai Bailey) and gloating about how they've taken over other subs(while constantly hating the fact that they're on Reddit itself). 
    Quote of the week: "working in the banana field". Turns out, not everyone who says that is a fruit farmer.
  • edited 2015-07-04 18:13:57
    ^^ Speaking of that, I've taken a liking of Tumblr in Action lately. My favourite entries are those where cultural isolation is a good thing because it prevents cultural appropriation.
    That said, it gets rather repetitive and petty at times.
    Edit: Also, it made me learn that there's such a thing as a shoplifter's community.

Also, it made me learn that there's such a thing as a shoplifter's community.

Let me guess... that ain't the Thieves' Guild, right?

Also: I made for myself some iced chocolate. Turned out I would have enjoyed it more in its non-iced form. Oh well.

• TiA has degraded over the past half year or so, I'd stick to Tumblr At Rest while ignore the occassional NrX crap that gets posted from time to time. 
  • edited 2015-07-04 23:57:26
    I mostly just search keywords (lol 'food') so I've mostly only seen old stuff and wouldn't know about more recent things. Those that came up after the court decision to legalize same-sex marriage in the US were pretty damn funny, tho.
  • edited 2015-07-05 16:20:48
    Diet NEET
    That's true. Folks that simultaneously shout ranking oppression like points is toxic and then claim marriage equality is a white cis capitalist gay thing that misuses all the work illegal trans WoC have put into the movement. I mean, marriage equality for the former will necessary benefit some of the latter, and it frees up resources for them too.